Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member cheerupemokid10's Avatar
    BattleTag pizzle-1873

Re: LOL D3 SP What? Tourney! SPF's First Official Tourney!

Ohh another challenger will soon be joining the ranks! I got about 10 minutes total of playing last night before my son was ready to go to bed. I did hit lvl 13 and killed a few of the beasts from the FoM. They take forever to kill!

I found a rare hand weapon for my monk with some 1% LL, 2 LoH, and 1 spirit regen/sec off my one and only SK kill. I switched that out with my dagger I had been using for the added healing but can't decide if the healing is worth it enough compared to the increased damage/speed of the dagger.

I need one more level before I unlock my 3rd skill slot and then I'll start playing around a little more with getting a spirit spender in there like the Wave of Light Bells. I need something to start hitting these guys harder otherwise it is going to take forever just pounding away with Thunderclap. Having that charge style attack is nice for getting away from mobs, but I think I need the dps spike damage more at this point.

It's so hard to balance out what to choose and work with at these lower levels with such mediocre gear found from only the monsters. When you're used to facerolling everything with twinking and the AH, it makes it really tough to go so slow. You need a lot more patience than the fast-paced nature of SC Inferno and such. I'm really intrigued by how much more methodical the gameplay has to be at least at the lower levels so far. Much more strategy involved. Loving that part of it at least!

Also, updated the OP. Please let me know if I am missing something and need to add anything else to the tourney rules/info.

Thanks again all for being a part of this and getting so excited about it!
    Last edited by cheerupemokid10; 02-11-2012 at 14:15. Reason: informing of updated OP

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    It is a far different pace, but I rather enjoy it.

talonzguide.com/diablo-3-guides/diablo-3-experience-chart/

Here's the site where that chart comes from, which gives some more info. It is an old chart but I don't see why it would have changed. I think for MP 10 you can just double the numbers, as the 200% should be factored in at the very end of the equation.

IncGamers Member cheerupemokid10's Avatar
    BattleTag pizzle-1873

Ah-ha! I did find some interesting information out about that experience guide from the link. At the 30% mark +experience and +%experience no longer apply. So that means at lvl 26 you peak for the max (highest mlvl) amount of experience gained during A1 from the MP10 bonus. The mid drops off to 30% at lvl 17 so 14/15 seems like it would be the place things would start to level off rather dramatically in terms of experience until those higher mlvl mobs.

It is possible to make it to lvl 30 in just A1 normal, but the experience drop off starts hitting at lvl 20 and hits that same 30% mark at lvl 26. It would take a lot of butcher runs to get to 30 let alone in those mid 20's.

That should be helpful for those people needing to go back and do some multi-passing when they are dying. I'm finally getting in some play time now that it's midnight my time Better late than never I suppose.

Thanks again kestegs!

Five minutes into the FoM... I was doing great. Found that stupid den and thought I'd clear the area. Next thing I know that Odeg is there. Was using exploding palm on some bats as some extra exploding damage and let myself get too swarmed. Forgot to hit my blind and had heal/pot on CD.

That was the end of EdTheJanitor. His days of cleaning up are done at level 13. Man that is such a bummer! Now I have to decide whether to go monk again or try another class...

Went with another Monk named Redeemer and got him to lvl 10 before I started falling asleep sitting at the computer and decided to log off. That's just a little too dangerous for me so I'm calling it quits for the night.
    Last edited by cheerupemokid10; 03-11-2012 at 05:31. Reason: read more from link and clarified some info... and I died...:(

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Sorry about the death, boss. :(

Seems like FoM is responsible for a very large percentage of our heros deaths!

BattleTag Jcakes-6373

In, can't promise I will play alot, but we'll see.
    Trollin', trollin', trollin'
    through the forums scrollin'
    Keep those comments flowin', DON'T HIDE!

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Yes, 30 in act 1 would be nuts, I'm interested to see how the experience is in late act 1.

Sorry to hear about the deeds.

SK was a real pain! Took about 10 min to kill him, although as long as I stayed aware it was fairly safe.
    I was really cautious in fom and it went okay.
    Made it up to wortham and did some runs of that to get up to level 17. Finally got spirit walk, which makes me feel much more safe.

I made another barb "Failure" and I'm giving it another go, same spec basically since it worked well just have to not be reckless Just cleared FoM, got the lost mine and the merchant in the dungeon had some sweet armor 15 vita boots and 17 str chest.

Edit: Got lyceum random dungeon in southern highlands again, deciding not to risk it this time!

Edit2: Finished a1 at level 19! Butcher Took like 3-4 min to get down, but it was a very safe fight since I almost stunlocked him with bash-clobber, seismic slam-stagger and ground stomp while i relied on rend and 2 earthquakes to deal some big dmg.

Edit3: A2 is really a jump in difficulty, feels like a2 inferno pre 1.0.3 with wasps hitting like trucks and such. The big difference is stuns are effective and elites only have 1 mod Killed some vortex wasps safely, but if they had been vortex, waller/jailer, fast or something the risk of death would've been immense.

Edit4: Ok my reaction time has dropped dramatically so I'll have to resume tommorow ;p made it to alcarnus.. Had 2 close encounters, got trapped on a stairway with a big lacuni boss pack cuz of a badly placed leap and couldnt get em out of the way with seismic slam.
    Then the big unique mace guy ****ing took 80% of my hp in a single one of his quick attacks, and he seemed to have some stun resistance or something O.o Feel pretty lucky to have beat him.
    Last edited by PandadudeSP; 03-11-2012 at 20:16.

D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

Is there any similar info to that exp guide on incgamers, kestegs? I had a look but in case my search-fu fails ...

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyiad View Post
    Is there any similar info to that exp guide on incgamers, kestegs? I had a look but in case my search-fu fails ...
    Haven't seen any, I got that info from a thread on here a while back I think.

Congrats, panda! Nice progress!

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Well done Panda....!

My wizard have just taken down SK.... taking it nice and slow...