Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Diablo3 really seems a better game than Torchlight 2

It is better than TL2. Diablo 3 gameplay will crush any other ARPG for the next coulpe of years for the simple fact that they spent years on it. The problem is that gameplay is all Diablo 3 has to offer. That's why it got boring so fast and disappointed so many.

Quote Originally Posted by themeros View Post
    It is better than TL2. Diablo 3 gameplay will crush any other ARPG for the next coulpe of years for the simple fact that they spent years on it. The problem is that gameplay is all Diablo 3 has to offer. That's why it got boring so fast and disappointed so many.
    This.

Diablo 3 is a great game, but it did just get boring quick. Not enough reward for grinding hours and hours and hours. I don't feel ripped off by the game, I got my $60 worth with over 200 hours of play -- but I don't see myself ever going back like I did in Diablo II... it just lacks something.

I've moved onto DOTA 2 (still beta) and I'm loving it. I played hundreds of hours of DOTA Classic on Warcraft III and this game feels fresh and the competition is engaging AND enraging . I LOVE it!

Quote Originally Posted by diablotwoplayerforlife View Post
    That's nice, life leech boots. Why didn't they thought about that in D2?
    With crafting, you can get life leech on boots in D2.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyTheFluffer View Post
    How many hours of play do you need to experience, in Normal or Veteran, before you start running into monsters that crit that much... 50? 100? More? What % of players - even including those that want to finish the game with a few characters and explore NG+ a bit - will ever run into a monster that does a 20K damage hit?
    Does it matter? You can take level 30 and 2000 dam crit when you have ~1500 life or so. This problem plagues the whole game. It's not like it's a level100 character problem only.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by themeros View Post
    Diablo 3 gameplay will crush any other ARPG for the next coulpe of years for the simple fact that they spent years on it.
    lulz...just no.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jednowlosy View Post
    Does it matter? You can take level 30 and 2000 dam crit when you have ~1500 life or so. This problem plagues the whole game. It's not like it's a level100 character problem only.
    Uhhh... and.... no.

The non-scaling AC design works fine for the first fifty levels or so, i.e., the content that 95% of people will experience. If you really are having trouble with a boss doing the odd 2000 hit at level 30, you need to level up, choose a lower difficulty, be a little more defense-oriented with your allocation, or, best of all, develop some skill at playing the character type you're using in terms of avoiding big blasts from a boss in the first place.

Do I agree that the flat AC system gets stupid in those extremely rare characters that get upwards of level 60 or so? Sure. But that's where a normal person plays through another class and the tiny handful of neckbeard types go back to playing "Dark Souls" with one hand or listening to monologues about "terrrrooooorrrrr" for the thousandth time at monster power 10.

The game has a 90 user score for a reason, the balance is excellent, and the itemization is near-perfect for everything except the end game.

IncGamers Member

The game has a 90 user score for a reason, the balance is excellent, and the itemization is near-perfect for everything except the end game.
    Agree 100%. Took all four classes through the game and a few mapworks.
    However there are still some issues with it, for collector type people ( who want to make a collection of items ), muling is a big pain, and some serious balance problems with the working of armor in lvl 60+, etc.

IncGamers Member

...the balance is excellent...
    As a guy who bought the game and decided he wanted to be a Shotgun Outlander, um, no.

IncGamers Member

Lol at people thinking nonexistent balance = balance. Just. Lol.

So what are the Hammerdins and Blizz Sorcs in TL2?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by yovargas View Post
    As a guy who bought the game and decided he wanted to be a Shotgun Outlander, um, no.

Really? You use a cone damage/knockback mechanic as a main attack - something a 5 year old could effectively do - and are surprised when it doesn't take you too far through the game, and/or presents problems with champs, bosses, or decent range mobs?

That's kind of the essence of balance.