Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag sithlore-1558

Re: Goal accomplished

It's definitely possible Zhao, but can be time consuming since you're going at a slower pace then everyone else since you'll have slightly lower gear.

I may have gotten some pretty lucky drops, but really I only did about 20 farming sessions.
    10 A3 Hell runs (Cydea/Azmodan) before entering Inferno (1.04) and 10 A1 Inferno runs (Warden/Butcher) (1.04).

When 1.05 came out, I then did another 10 runs or so (not boss runs, just general farm runs) in A1 on MP1.

Now I've been doing A1 (MP3) runs almost extensively. I've probably done 30 or so while both farming and trying to finish off my A1 accomplishments. (Only 1 more to go - Hanging Tree in the Weeping Hollow).

One thing that I should mention is that I have a pretty integrated spreadsheet that I use which mathematically evaluates if an item is an upgrade for any of my characters. I don't ALWAYS switch, but I'll at least do a more thorough comparison that way.

I've been pretty lucky over the past 2 days as I've had 4 nice legendary drops

Barb got a new main hand - Echoing Fury with a double strength roll
    WD got a pair of Blackthornes with a double socket for one of the random stats.
    DH got a Natalyia's reflection Ring
    and an ilvl 63 spear that isn't an upgrade for anyone.

D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

Grats! Really nice to see stuff like this coming through.

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname

Congrats sir! I hove only beaten it with one char since release... I get to Nightmare act 2 and get bored with it lol. Maybe one day I will get through the end with all the classes

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag sithlore-1558

Thought I'd just continue on with this thread rather than creating a new one.

Completed another goal last week by beating inferno with my HC Witch Doctor completely self found and single pass through (except for one area of A3 Hell where I ran the keeps twice).

Got a couple of pretty lucky drops in A3 Hell primarily with the weapon that I used for most of inferno that helped me accomplish the task.
    Relied on Spirit Vessel a total of 3 times.
    Two of the three times were when facing Azmodan and got hit with his fireball (once was just not paying attention, the other was trying to avoid the pool). The last time, I tried switching up the build a bit, and it was NOT successful, so went back to a more defensive approach.

A few pretty stressful situations, but overall I enjoyed the additional challenge/stress.

IncGamers Member

Congrats! A great accomplishment... and I'm not just saying that because I did this myself a few months ago.

I managed to get my WD through it in 1.0.4 -- other characters had to wait until 1.0.5 by sheer luck of the RNG I use to determine which character I play on any given day. IMO, the single-player difficulty for self-found is WD (easiest) > DH > Barb > Monk > Wizard, but that's just me.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag sithlore-1558

I completely agree that WD is the easiest which is why I tried him first. (I tried a wizard in 1.03 (maybe 1.02) and he died at level 42 (A2 NM). I'm now trying again with the wizard to see how that goes.

I agree with your ranking except for the DH. I would have placed the DH after the Monk (that's more due to the fact that I had the hardest time with my DH when my self found SC characters beat inferno in 1.03 or 1.04. (Barb was the only one who could get past Rakanoth in 1.03).

Congratulations The game is certainly not "too easy" when you don't use the AH.

I just beat Inferno with my DH, that leaves only my Barb. Hopefully later this week.

Demon hunters have gotten some new tricks in the last patches though sentry and spike trap do massive damage to elites/champions/bosses, bola shot or grenades can permastun minions after the buff to crowd control, boar is a pretty good tank, armor/health/AR buffs from disciplined and boar, and its easy to stack lots of life regen with brooding (which will be double next patch). My DH in a3 inferno has around 400 AR, 6k armor, 10k dps, 55k hp and 1k life regen single pass self found. Killed belial before his 2nd round of meteors. Id say my DH is better and safer than my WD played the same way if it wasnt for the lack of spirit vessel which just makes it impossible to die unless youre playing with 1 hand.