Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Re: Pimp that barb....

Decide If you want attack speed or crit... since you obviously can't afford both you should compromise on one. Or better, a balance of both. Don't always look for the best in slot items. You'll waste a lot of money that way. Mempo is a cheap source of attack speed if you need attack speed. IK is a good source of crit and strength if you need those. Also found out there is a belt with attack speed and Inna's pants provide attack speed as well. Having a barb with DH like speed of 3 APS seems like a fun idea...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

IncGamers Member

most recent buy bought aoff hand EF, I kill faster, any other advice?

Is it better to sprint with out WW or just sprint in general? playstyle advice?

> http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/m...4/hero/2088031

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by blinkyvv View Post
    most recent buy bought aoff hand EF, I kill faster, any other advice?

Is it better to sprint with out WW or just sprint in general? playstyle advice?

> http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/m...4/hero/2088031
    Get some critical hit damage, even if you have to give up strength to do it. Critical hit damage would give you an enormous dps increase.

If you have the spare fury you always want to whirlwind while in combat, but sprint comes first. I would try Bash (punish) over maniac; I only use maniac when I'm working with a critical mass wizard or some similar build where I don't want to knock enemies all over the screen. Also, try using Rend (Ravage) instead of Overpower unless you need the 10% crit to keep functioning.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C.../hero/16266314

Need a bit of everything. Main priority at the moment is vit/%life so I can survive longer. Currently saving for a Mempo, after that I'm stuck as to what to do. I'm not a WW barb so nothing for that.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheOgreMan View Post
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C.../hero/16266314

Need a bit of everything. Main priority at the moment is vit/%life so I can survive longer. Currently saving for a Mempo, after that I'm stuck as to what to do. I'm not a WW barb so nothing for that.
    I think your main issue is that you don't have any way to replenish your life. I would suggest getting some LOH and, ultimately, some leech. In the meantime, I would use Bloodlust with Rend to add life steal and Provocation with Revenge to increase its rate. That combo should help you stay alive a lot more.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karth View Post
    Get some critical hit damage, even if you have to give up strength to do it. Critical hit damage would give you an enormous dps increase.

If you have the spare fury you always want to whirlwind while in combat, but sprint comes first. I would try Bash (punish) over maniac; I only use maniac when I'm working with a critical mass wizard or some similar build where I don't want to knock enemies all over the screen. Also, try using Rend (Ravage) instead of Overpower unless you need the 10% crit to keep functioning.
    EF with socket/crit is absurdly expensive, like wise fora similar main hand with socket
    ive noticed i dont always make tornadoes when sprinting, or ww'ing what is with that

and my enchantress my APS dont seem to go up weather she is dead or alive?
    changed a few things up to 360% crit dmg i notice a difference, changed mainhand wep
    Last edited by blinkyvv; 28-11-2012 at 23:32.

Allright, I'll give it a shot. Pimp my Barb! Budget = 60 mill, US server. 970k EHP currently so essentially im free to pile on the dps.

My thoughts;

1). Weapon upgrade. I'm probably a bit short on funds here. I've been looking and most weapons I plug into a dps calculator either go backwards or show a modest 2-3k dps increase. a 5-10k dps increase seems to be 80 mill plus starting bid so I'd have to continue saving my spendies.
    2). BKWB ungrade. Jcakes opened my eyes to this one. He recently bought a Unity ring and the DPS calc shows a 7-10k dps upgrade for a typical str unity c/w crit damage. Would pretty much clean out my budget, but looks to be the best bang for buck.
    3). Armor/gloves upgrade trade. This should net more strength on these slots which is more dps and armor. initial purchase would clean the budget but resale of existing items should return 20-30 million.
    4). Lacuni's. Start plugging goodies into the search parameters untill my budget screams enough. 9% ias, 12% frw, good str and crit chance should be affordable. I could instead grab some cheapies for when I need the speed and pick another option.
    5). WW main hander. I've got a reasonable dagger (700dps, 9% ias, str, socket) so something like a str/socketed/life steal sun keeper looks like a reasonable partner in crime or your standard axe or mace with all the fruit.
    6). Vile wards. I wouldn't gain much dps here but I'd get more Vitality. I could then swap out the helm gem for a ruby, maintain a good level of EHP but gain more xp. More xp, faster levels, more str/vit/mf.

Open to suggestions!

IncGamers Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/WagnMan-1621/hero/3909994

Been lurking here a while and slowly gearing up my barb to something respectable. Right now I have a budget sitting at around 400,000. I'd say I've got quite a bit of farming before my next upgrade, but was curious as to what I should set my sights on.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by blinkyvv View Post
    EF with socket/crit is absurdly expensive, like wise fora similar main hand with socket
    ive noticed i dont always make tornadoes when sprinting, or ww'ing what is with that

and my enchantress my APS dont seem to go up weather she is dead or alive?
    changed a few things up to 360% crit dmg i notice a difference, changed mainhand wep
    Tornados tend not to spawn if you don't travel a certain distance away from your last tornado. Whirlwinding seems to lessen this effect, but it is still there. Try to whirlwind in larger patterns around and through enemies and it should help some.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagn Man View Post

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/WagnMan-1621/hero/3909994

Been lurking here a while and slowly gearing up my barb to something respectable. Right now I have a budget sitting at around 400,000. I'd say I've got quite a bit of farming before my next upgrade, but was curious as to what I should set my sights on.
    First I might try to get a socket for your Andy's, then perhaps you could consider upgrading to some better boots? Some all res in that slot could make a big difference, or a huge difference if you obtained IK boots. I'm not sure about prices for ~150 strength IK boots right now, though. A decently rolled hellfire ring (at least one offensive mod) could also be a big boost to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Karth View Post
    First I might try to get a socket for your Andy's, then perhaps you could consider upgrading to some better boots? Some all res in that slot could make a big difference, or a huge difference if you obtained IK boots. I'm not sure about prices for ~150 strength IK boots right now, though. A decently rolled hellfire ring (at least one offensive mod) could also be a big boost to you.
    I'd also aim for gloves, chest and amulet with str. There's no reason to not have str in every slot.