Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Re: Pimp that barb....

Quote Originally Posted by blinkyvv View Post
    > http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/m...4/hero/2088031

How do i get higher DPS and keep CC%/life high...?
    Lots of gold... you've got the right idea, but I would swap out the life leech passive for tough as nails, or nerves of steel to increase your defense.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by tougeznut View Post
    Lots of gold... you've got the right idea, but I would swap out the life leech passive for tough as nails, or nerves of steel to increase your defense.

Second that. Try to get some more Life on Hit instead - you've still got a bit to go before Life Steal becomes better for you than LoH.

IncGamers Member

Could anyone suggest what to upgrade next on my barb? Except the gems, which is obvious... http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S...4/hero/3991590 Thanks!

IncGamers Member

i can survive A3 MP3 well, i just don't do enough dmg. but al the 1kDPS,sock,crit dmg dps 1handers are super expensive, so how do i up my dmg ?

-Found a 1k DPS with 1 socket for cheap, bought it and my screen DPS goes down 5k compared to my 760 DPs 1 hand with 150% crit dmg total and 90 str. ?
    Last edited by blinkyvv; 07-11-2012 at 00:09.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

i can survive A3 MP3 well, i just don't do enough dmg. but al the 1kDPS,sock,crit dmg dps 1handers are super expensive, so how do i up my dmg ?

-Found a 1k DPS with 1 socket for cheap, bought it and my screen DPS goes down 5k compared to my 760 DPs 1 hand with 150% crit dmg total and 90 str. ?
    It depends on the weapon type, attack speed, and what specific mods the weapon has on it. Also, since you're using tornadoes, the DPS on your stat sheet isn't entirely accurate. You can find a dagger for your offhand with a socket and < 90% crit damage with less than 600 dps for a few million gold (found for 2 mil buyout: 487 dps, +899 LoH, 91% crit dmg, and open socket) Socket that with a nice emerald for a ton of extra crit damage that won't really show up on your DPS sheet. Then you need some more armor, strength, and crit chance. You can find boots with +armor, 12% movement speed, and ~100+ strength, with res all for a few million as well (found for 150k buyout: 169 str, 37 bit, 585 armor, 12 % ms). Since I'm using my phone, I can't see your amulet stats, but you should look for one with +150 strength, 8+ crit chance, and vitality- also a mil or two (found for 1.7 mil buyout: 169 str, attack speed +6%, 268 armor, 8% crit chance, or for 500k buyout: 191 str, 141 Intel, 117 vit, 45 cold res, 8.5 crit chance). All these should help your barb out. But if you want to spend as little gold as possible you should only bid on items, and not use the buyout option.

Last edited by tougeznut; 07-11-2012 at 12:30.

IncGamers Member

It depends on the weapon type, attack speed, and what specific mods the weapon has on it. Also, since you're using tornadoes, the DPS on your stat sheet isn't entirely accurate. You can find a dagger for your offhand with a socket and < 90% crit damage with less than 600 dps for a few million gold (found for 2 mil buyout: 487 dps, +899 LoH, 91% crit dmg, and open socket) Socket that with a nice emerald for a ton of extra crit damage that won't really show up on your DPS sheet. Then you need some more armor, strength, and crit chance. You can find boots with +armor, 12% movement speed, and ~100+ strength, with res all for a few million as well (found for 150k buyout: 169 str, 37 bit, 585 armor, 12 % ms). Since I'm using my phone, I can't see your amulet stats, but you should look for one with +150 strength, 8+ crit chance, and vitality- also a mil or two (found for 1.7 mil buyout: 169 str, attack speed +6%, 268 armor, 8% crit chance, or for 500k buyout: 191 str, 141 Intel, 117 vit, 45 cold res, 8.5 crit chance). All these should help your barb out. But if you want to spend as little gold as possible you should only bid on items, and not use the buyout option.

i already have a dagger with crit dmg and socket on OH W/ life leech , prob i think is my main hand dmg is low[760DPS] = nado dmg. but high dps, sock, str, crit dmg MH [1kdps] = absurd price.

-Thought about an IK helm? And amulets I hear + x-x dmg is useful?

I also have a decent 8.5 CC% amulet i can switch to, but no main stats.

Side note switch to nerves of steal over the life leech passive and a enchantress with Armour/ias buff, and i die a lot more???

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

i already have a dagger with crit dmg and socket on OH W/ life leech , prob i think is my main hand dmg is low[760DPS] = nado dmg. but high dps, sock, str, crit dmg MH [1kdps] = absurd price.

-Thought about an IK helm? And amulets I hear + x-x dmg is useful?

I also have a decent 8.5 CC% amulet i can switch to, but no main stats.

Side note switch to nerves of steal over the life leech passive and a enchantress with Armour/ias buff, and i die a lot more???
    If you want a good helm for relatively cheap, look for a Mempo of twilight (with all res, attack speed, and armor). The damage mods on jewelry will improve your damage, but strength will do that and give you armor. As far as the MH weapon goes: you don't NEED all those stats to have a high DPS. Sure, you'll need them if you want to break 150K DPS, but you can do just fine with something close to 1K with an open socket and life steal. I currently use an Echoing Fury with 10XX dps and it gets me over 100k DPS. You can find one with a socket around 1k dps for under a mil. Try to find one with close to +0.25 APS and the lowest chance to cause fear (~10%).

IncGamers Member

If you want a good helm for relatively cheap, look for a Mempo of twilight (with all res, attack speed, and armor). The damage mods on jewelry will improve your damage, but strength will do that and give you armor. As far as the MH weapon goes: you don't NEED all those stats to have a high DPS. Sure, you'll need them if you want to break 150K DPS, but you can do just fine with something close to 1K with an open socket and life steal. I currently use an Echoing Fury with 10XX dps and it gets me over 100k DPS. You can find one with a socket around 1k dps for under a mil. Try to find one with close to +0.25 APS and the lowest chance to cause fear (~10%).

I read diff info that a echofury is better on OF than MH>? I also bought a axe960 DPS +140 str 60 cirt dmg no socket, seem to kill faster than my other axe 760 dps 80 str 180 crit dmg% ? [for main hand]

and for memp for 3 mil more i can just get a IK helm and get set bonus's

Is it the IAS on memp that makes it so great? as im not seeing it.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

I read diff info that a echofury is better on OF than MH>? I also bought a axe960 DPS +140 str 60 cirt dmg no socket, seem to kill faster than my other axe 760 dps 80 str 180 crit dmg% ? [for main hand]

and for memp for 3 mil more i can just get a IK helm and get set bonus's

Is it the IAS on memp that makes it so great? as im not seeing it.
    My mempo uploadfromtaptalk1352360518901.jpg
    High strength, all res, attack speed, life, and a socket. If it had crit chance it would be Godly. More APS = more Nados. With these two uploadfromtaptalk1352360609951.jpguploadfromtaptalk1352360619969.jpg I have over 2 APS. With IK helm, I would crit more often, but with less tornadoes.

IncGamers Member

My mempo uploadfromtaptalk1352360518901.jpg
    High strength, all res, attack speed, life, and a socket. If it had crit chance it would be Godly. More APS = more Nados. With these two uploadfromtaptalk1352360609951.jpguploadfromtaptalk1352360619969.jpg I have over 2 APS. With IK helm, I would crit more often, but with less tornadoes.

problem is any mempo with well high STR is out of my budget, cheap ones all have 30-50 str .. I think i have 1.5 APS damn unbuffed, same for lacunis with crit%/str 4 mil +