Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    IncGamers Member

Re: Hoping that 1.0.6 will be the Monk patch!

I'm not gonna argue with someone who thinks Mantra of Healing is the best. But you can do a test whichever mp level you use for farming. Go one level higher and measure the time you need to kill Ghom with MoH any rune you like, and then conviction/overawe. How much is the difference? As for mystic ally, the demon from maximus easily outclasses that, sadly.

IncGamers Member

I'm not saying Mantra of Healing is the best overall. It is the best for a very specific situation that demands using more defensive skills than usual. As the game gets easier these demanding situations don't exist anymore, so those powerful skills get benched.

In fact, this depends on gear as well. If you already have over 1000 life per second form items Mantra of Healing does basically nothing. You could argue that 1.0.4 legendary items, increased the average quality for gear enough that they make some good defensive skills useless. This is for actual best in slot items like Vile Ward, which have massive life regen and make all other shoulders near useless, and not random jank like Maximus.

Maximus is good. Extremely handy for wizards or anyone needing a meatshield. The demon is up almost all the time and can actually tank stuff. The monsters don't just ignore him like the templar follower. And the best of all it doesn't cost a skill slot to use.

Vile ward doesn't come with vitality. So it's not automatically the best for a defensive item. Life regen is nice but you can find that on every other piece of gear as well.

IncGamers Member

My hopes are now for 1.0.7 but getting more negative each week. Now playing with a ww/sprint barb like everyone else and it's not fun to compare how much better they are for fast farming.

As it turns out 1,0,6 was nothing but two bug fixes. You should make a new thread for 1,0,7 this one has already run it's course.

IncGamers Member

Yes it has indeed, thought the fact that I knew that was quite evident in my last post though
    However, I'm tired of speculating and am now just hoping for something good in the next patch so figured I'd stop speculating for the moment. It's been reeeaaallly quiet from blizzard the past few weeks.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
    As it turns out 1,0,6 was nothing but two bug fixes. You should make a new thread for 1,0,7 this one has already run it's course.
    Changing "1.06" to "1.07" is the better course of action. As literary nothing changed for the monk, in a new topic everyone would simply state the same reasons again. What is the point of stating it twice here?

Didn't think about that. Makes sense to me
    Last edited by Dogbert; 02-12-2012 at 17:48.