Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Tal Rasha's Relentless pursuit or Zuni's Marrow?

Hello there,

Here's my WD... seems like it's not updated.. anyways i got Zuni's pox and trails now.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/k...8/hero/4814299

I just bought a Zuni's Marrow exactly like my Tal except for the AS% which is replace by 75 Res All and +300 Armor. Well big surprise.. i lose 12k DPS when i switch to Zuni's marrow!!!

Yeah sure.. I win defense and 130 Resist All(from zuni's marrow + 3 set items), but is that really worth 12k DPS?

I see a lot of top level WDs using Zuni's marrow and I'm really not sure it's worth it.

I mean.. I could probably sell my Relentl;ess Pursuit for 6M... whereas that Zuni's marrow is probably more along the lines of 40M :/

Anyone wants to share their opinion on these chest armors?

Also, if anyone has any ideas what my next upgrade should be.. would appreciate the input!

BattleTag nurman-2854

Re: Tal Rasha's Relentless pursuit or Zuni's Marrow?

I'd say that the defence & resist all would be worth it, seeing that you already run with ALOT of DPS, and only 500's all resistance.

IncGamers Member

Thanks, and iyo, what should I uypgrade next? It's getting to the point where upgrades cost a lot.. I don't want to mess up a 50M + purchase :P

IncGamers Member

Since you're using darts, IAS is actually important.

I think you can get armor and AR in other slots if you are patient and look around. But you can also get IAS in other slots as well: Witching hour belt, lacuni bracers, pants, besides rings, gloves, and amulet.

Maybe an SOJ with minus Zombie Bear mana cost will be worthwhile. I am not sure honestly.
    Also you only have 12% movement speed. I suggest getting 24% movement speed. Some ways: Lacuni Bracers, Inna's pants, Tyrael's chest armor, probably others.

Also you're weapon (Black Damage) is really good considering your gear, with all the Adds elemental damage modifiers.

IncGamers Member

I would use Tal's unless you notice a difference in your play. If you solo all the time, it probably won't make a difference, and the targets die very quickly at mp5-6.

Playing in full games at the same mp levels you may miss the defense, the elite pack fights last longer, mitigation/vit become more a factor, the reflect packs damage return hurts alot if you do not have the mitigation and life. Some of that is offset with good life leech since you spam bears (leech with bears works pretty good with dps after 100k).

I chose Zuni chest over Tal's chest for the mitigation, I rarely play solo and the mitigation does make a difference.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/V.../hero/14113132
    Last edited by Virility; 23-10-2012 at 01:46. Reason: sentance error

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag fenrir-2588

4th set bonus: 20 mana per sec, 10 mana per kill

Has not been brought up yet but it does help with mana. From a DPS standpoint, other items will provide better (and cheaper) DPS but Zuni set is well-rounded.

Zuni helm or mojo if you want the bonus. New pants seem like the next item to upgrade. Aside from the high int and vit, it is missing other stats.

IncGamers Member

4 pieces of Zuni with -cost Bears on Zuni offhand is amazing stuff. I can spam bears all day long with Blood Ritual as my only mana handling passive.

I don't use them for fast solo farming , thing of the deep is a lot better with Grave Injustice when you instakill stuff but when considering group play with higher MP's, Zuni is the way to go.

You can spam bears all day even without blood ritual if you you also use spirit walk with 30% mana regeneration. Unless ofc you reach very high level of attack speed.
    I think tal rasha chest is only goor for "primary attack" builds, build that uses only low mana cost spells, like fire bomb. Then you go pvt, ignore all mana regen and focus on dps, tal rasha is best in slot for dps.
    But for balanced wd that uses mana spenders I'd say zuni chest wins.

Quote Originally Posted by aerial View Post
    You can spam bears all day even without blood ritual if you you also use spirit walk with 30% mana regeneration. Unless ofc you reach very high level of attack speed.
    I think tal rasha chest is only goor for "primary attack" builds, build that uses only low mana cost spells, like fire bomb. Then you go pvt, ignore all mana regen and focus on dps, tal rasha is best in slot for dps.
    But for balanced wd that uses mana spenders I'd say zuni chest wins.
    And how exacly do you spam bears all day without blood ritual?

IncGamers Member

I would never change Jaunt for mana regen rune. Jaunt is #1 against reflect damage. It's the worst thing in the game for my WD to handle regardless of 1000 all res and 3% life leech.