Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Could I get a hosting check?

Just seeing if i can host without hamachi... 1.13 sc normal

Re: Could I get a hosting check?

Cannot connect. Sorry didn't see it sooner.

Its alright I left it up for a long time but mp'ed with Jason. Thnx for trying.

BattleTag nswhorse-1450

To host without MPing, you need to set up port forwarding on your modem/router (for many people they are combined into one device). Diablo II uses ports 4000 and 6112-6119. My modem has Diablo II (and many other common games) as a preset, so it was dead simple. Perhaps yours will too.

The guts of it is that you need to enable inbound traffic on ports 4000 and 6112 for TCP, and ports 6112-6119 for UDP (I don't think this last one is really necessary).

For more information, check out www.portforward.com.

To find your external IP (aka WAN IP), most likely your modem will tell you. If not, go to http://www.whatsmyip.org/.

sadly my Router, is next door at my parents house. I have the dishonor of living next to to my parents, yes.

You technically don't need physical access to the router in order to enable port forwarding, you just need to log in to the settings page through your browswer. Every router has a default ip (D-Link and Linksys (the two most common) are 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1). You should be able to type the ip into your browser to access the settings. Depending on if they set up a password or not you may need that but the default is login: admin password: password or password1. Port forwarding is most likely under the advanced settings so just take a look around for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

If those aren't the default admin/password, a nice search of something along the lines of 'default password for netgear router' normally works

BattleTag nswhorse-1450

Just had a giggle at someone trying to set up port forwarding physically "where is that damned port 4000... I can't find it anywhere!?"

I only have to have access to get the IP, there out of town currently though. I dont go in there house lol. I highly doubt they set a Password up however.