Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Re: US Soldiers (Afghanistan) How good are they?

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    Heh.

Cue: irrelevant finger pointing at other religions

Cue: that's not what the Bible sez do0d!
    No need for first cue, as to second cue I've already been restating Saro's mental acuity in the other thread so there's hardly a need.

There's light-years between justice & revenge. I've had life-taking emotional experiences for both, and there's a difference.

NOTE - I've never killed anyone deliberately to the best of my information. I just know many who richly deserve it.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post

NOTE - I've never killed anyone deliberately to the best of my information. I just know many who richly deserve it.
    No one deserves it and we all die too soon.

That said self-defense and the survival of the fittest are obvious to most as is setting up rules of conduct in society.

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    He was a trusted 'agent', Bob. He had access to that information because he was supposed to have access to that information. He's a treasonous little shytebag, and if I was invited to be his executioner I would smile as I pulled the trigger. No joke. One less piece of despicable vermin in the world. Words cannot express how much I detest this punk traitor, and it has nothing to do with his being queer and everything to do with him claiming that his being queer drove him to join Anonymous and betray his Oath, his Country, and his fellow soldiers. I know I served with a couple of queer or bi soldiers, and none of them were in any way of questionable allegiance.

His very existence is a slur against homosexuality, and those defending him should be ashamed of themselves. Assange may be a commie arsewipe, but he's <always> been a commie arsewipe who hates America and the West - where Manning is the lowest form of existence IMO.

PROPERLY translated, Islam = "Submission", as in "Submission to the will of Allah", not "Peace" as CAIR and other misinformation groups claim.
    That's a little harsh. He thought he was doing right, and saw himself as a whistle blower type. He knew there would be consequences, so they'll do to him whatever they do to him. I don't think he should have been tortured (8th amendment). I do think that people should stand up for what they believe. Sometimes you need to break the law to make your point. When you do, expect that they'll prosecute you. The story isn't in what happens to him, but in what he released. That's what we should be talking about. The name calling is probably unnecessary.

Also, you are the only one I've heard mention that he is ***. Was noting that pre-emptive, or is it relevant in some way i'm not seeing?

Anyway, I'll let you all get back to your anti-islam rants.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    No one deserves it and we all die too soon.
    I could quote Gandalf in LotR, but yes, many do deserve to die. Plus, all have sinned and fall short.

You think people like Stalin shouldn't have been killed sooner?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    That's a little harsh. He thought he was doing right, and saw himself as a whistle blower type.
    Nope. He did what he did on a lark, and because he was one of the detestable little /b/ types.
    He knew there would be consequences,
    I think he fully expected to get away with it. Narcissism incorporates a belief in one's own superior ability, and he was chock-full of that.
    I don't think he should have been tortured (8th amendment).
    He wasn't. It's a characteristic of this filth to conjure up all kinds of claims. He most definitely was a suicide risk - narcissists don't land soft - and while taking his clothes away <is> harsh, he is also still a soldier. In essence he has surrendered his rights to the State of his own volition, but then betrayed the trust which the State gave him.
    I do think that people should stand up for what they believe.
    My very strong suspicion is that he didn't believe in any of this until he suddenly decided that it would be a fun thing to believe in - AFTER taking his oath of office.
    Also, you are the only one I've heard mention that he is ***. Was noting that pre-emptive, or is it relevant in some way i'm not seeing?
    Extremely relevant; it's the actual story. You haven't seen it because the Left wants the truth, including Manning's own Facebook claims, deep-sixed in favor of the Assange storyline. Manning's not the feckin' free speech hero that Bob's sources paint him as, but rather a narcissistic little twat who had typical soldier emotional problems after joining up, got love-sick, and then fixated on "Don't Ask Don't Tell" as the source of all his fecked-uppityness. This despite the Army doing precisely bupkis about his rather flamboyant, out-of-the-closet behavior.

IncGamers Member

Having served in the U.S. Infantry during OEF 10-11 I can tell you from experience that the opposing force is severely undertrained, and ill equipped. Using makeshift mortar tubes just doesn't cut it. I can't count how many times they shot at our TINY little outpost and only hit it maybe 2-3 times. Even when they decide they want to have an all out offensive it ends up being a mob of gun wielding lunatics with no real tactical know-how. In the end they aren't moving under cover of fire, they aren't using cover and concealment, they aren't even really IMSing (Individual Movement Techniques, Highcrawl, Lowcrawl, etc.) But mostly straight line, which obviously, is very very bad.

All that being said, a little bit of training goes a long way. As well as meeting equipment demands defined by the enemy you're fighting. They don't have Apaches, CAS, etc. If they were more organized and like-minded (In terms of training) and disciplined they would be much much more deadly. But considering the circumstances, America vs Terrorists living in poverty stricken conditions, these are the same people who drive through and bathe in their drinking water mind you, (Yes, rivers are a means of traveling, just not by boat) they just don't stand much of a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by CCCody View Post
    Having served in the U.S. Infantry during OEF 10-11
    HUAH!
    But mostly straight line, which obviously, is very very bad.
    Or, very very good. For you & I. I strongly suspect that's why some of the engagements appear so lopsided, like a handful of SEALs taking out company-strength plus. It's why those claims about Afghanistan being analogous to Vietnam were such BS - there's a world of difference between triple-canopy jungle and mountains, even though both can still provide concealment.
    If they were more organized and like-minded (In terms of training) and disciplined they would be much much more deadly.
    Happily, they ain't. There's an Arab mindset similar to (perhaps the root of) machismo, where they consider drill to be a waste of time and only suffer it at the range for the potential boasting rights. One example I recall hearing directly was that Arab students attending IOBC at Ft. Benning often refused to carry their own rucks (backpacks), insisting that such menial activities were work for the Enlisted. Probably comes from the old European concept of having a 'batman' to fetch & carry for officers - yet they wonder why there's so little initiative by the soldier?

IncGamers Member

We are a great nation and we have a great military.All the soldiers are the real assets of U.S.We are in war against terror.Afghanistan is still s big challenge for us.I slut all of my nations soldiers.
    Thanks to all.

Quote Originally Posted by landlordde View Post
    We are a great nation and we have a great military.All the soldiers are the real assets of U.S.We are in war against terror.Afghanistan is still s big challenge for us.I slut all of my nations soldiers.
    Thanks to all.
    Welcome to the OTF!

*steals pants

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

I think that being able and allowed to pursuit happiness is the real asset of the people of the US. The army is just a means to achieve a goal. It's not something which is useful by itself, you just need it to deal with certain others and the less of these others exist, the less of an army you should have, else it may find a cause to fight for or against which isn't to the will of the people.

BTW, have you served in the army? Have you been in a war? Risked your life in a life-or-death or him-or-me situation? Defeated an enemy personally? The biggest supporters of wars are usually those who don't have to attend them.

Quote Originally Posted by landlordde View Post
    I slut all of my nations soldiers.
    That made me laugh. I'm better not going to elaborate.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    BTW, have you served in the army? Have you been in a war? Risked your life in a life-or-death or him-or-me situation? Defeated an enemy personally? The biggest supporters of wars are usually those who don't have to attend them.
    Kris, there's a better/simpler expression used, "The soldier is the greatest advocate for peace". It's true as far as it goes, but it's often misused by isolationists and appeasement-lovers.

I don't think it's <necessarily> relevant to confront others using the 'have YOU served?' issue, because it both contains an inferred ad hominem accusation of being a 'Chickenhawk' and is less relevant in Western societies which have extremely low military strength and enlistment numbers. My Mom (a Leftist) was one of only TWO people at meetings in the U.S. State Department for those who had children in Desert Storm!