Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 48 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    BattleTag kestegs-1550

Re: Things you hate because they're pointless and stupid - continued.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Housewares View Post
    that's one way to look at it, the other way is SINGLE PEOPLE SHOULD FEEL BAD
    That's true, I was just being nice. Anyone who gets married after 18 is a loser.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    That's true, I was just being nice. Anyone who gets married after 18 is a loser.
    Depends on how many times you do it.

I'm a Winner.

Don't want to bring Leo down, so we'll leave the woman's biological clock discussion for a different time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    It is my understanding that Satanists are all about, "Do what you want when you want."
    I think of them (as well as Wiccans) as being weaker versions of Internet Atheists; they don't have the chops for actually thinking their anti-Christian attention-needy beliefs through, so they go with something that they believe makes them unique and mysterious. Kind of like being goth.

There was a great quip about the kid who was suspended for reporting the "Jesus-stomper" prof - can't find it now, but it was about how a comparable Atheist act would be to stomp on a paper reading "Make effete arguments against societal norms so that Daddy will finally pay attention to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    *prepares for heathen speech from Merv*
    What would be the point? You certainly wouldn't accept what I have to say, so I'll pray for you instead.

Our difference simply is your presumption that the entities or energies you connect with when conducting divination are good simply because they give you the impression that they are (or more dangerously, "tell" you that they are). There's plenty of people who find out something quite different, including a relative of my wife, but those stories aren't so much sexy or fun as they are depressing and horrifying.

Many people refuse to recognize that some things aren't over just because you want them to be.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    What would be the point? You certainly wouldn't accept what I have to say, so I'll pray for you instead.
    As a Christian this statement just makes my skin crawl. Not sure exactly why, but it does.

As a Christian this statement just makes my skin crawl. Not sure exactly why, but it does.
    Why in the world? Not like I'm praying for her as an enemy or something?!

As a Christian, wouldn't you pray for someone's spiritual safety and discretion? I think Ouija and Tarot, along with all other fortune telling, is somewhat dangerous. Kind of like taking a hit of LSD.

The individual I refer to used to read tea leaves, with uncanny accuracy and consistently negative prognostication. She recognized that she was either doing harm of her own accord (like a bad Zodiac forecast would influence the recipient), or being used to do harm by the supernatural, and therefore gave it up.

Not the only incident I've experienced, of course, just one which came to mind.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Oh, I completely agree that you should, and I do.

It's more the way you said it, it just sounded really holier than thou, and judgmental. Of course it really just matters how the person you were talking to perceived it, so maybe I'm out of line here.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

kegs, are you seriously suggesting that Merv's delightfully light touch with prose let him down on this occasion?

I'm shocked.

BattleTag kamap* / kamap-2813

Ow loz, behave!

It's more the way you said it, it just sounded really holier than thou, and judgmental. Of course it really just matters how the person you were talking to perceived it, so maybe I'm out of line here.
    I think you're projecting here, TBH. I suppose you can come up with being judgmental, but do you really believe people who aren't Christians appreciate sincerity of prayer? More like viewing it as one would a dog wagging its tail; well wishes are banal and pleasant but actual prayer with expectation of results is regarded as looney-tunes and makes people change seats to stay away from you.

However, if Leo took it in a negative fashion, I certainly apologize. The prayers, however, have already been said said and we're not really supposed to be cursing AKA praying negatively or retracting prayers - though I've done it seriously on a couple of occasions.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    I think you're projecting here, TBH. I suppose you can come up with being judgmental, but do you really believe people who aren't Christians appreciate sincerity of prayer? More like viewing it as one would a dog wagging its tail; well wishes are banal and pleasant but actual prayer with expectation of results is regarded as looney-tunes and makes people change seats to stay away from you.

However, if Leo took it in a negative fashion, I certainly apologize. The prayers, however, have already been said said and we're not really supposed to be cursing AKA praying negatively or retracting prayers - though I've done it seriously on a couple of occasions.
    I don't think all people appreciate it, no. Some probably do though. But if you think someone is going to view it negatively then you don't have to tell them that you're doing it.