Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 46 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Re: Things you hate because they're pointless and stupid - continued.

1st world probs rant

I hate that the most important person who is supposed to support me is not being there for me. I managed to get a crap job that I've worked two shifts and I am DREADING going back to work my third tonight. I usually don't feel this way about a job until much, much later. I'm trying to find a better job and I'm being picky? Maybe I am, but goddamnit, there have got to be times when you must be! Men being the number one thing but we won't touch that ****ing subject for today. So instead of saying, "Good for you. You can do better. I wish you luck. I want you to find better." all I get is "Well, you better go fill out another application for another crap job somewhere else and get over your issues." WOW. ****ING REALLY???

*throws table*

I have had two very disturbing dreams about my job already. I had one this morning where I was scheduled to work, like, a 15 hour work shift with either no breaks or take them when I can but it's been too busy so more than likely I wouldn't get a break. I was on the verge of tears. I hated being there. And maybe that is affecting me today. Today should be easy. Why am I acting like a *****? A job is a job, but I need something better. And the one person who ****ing matters most... It's not the first time they have not supported me and made me feel like my dreams were not important. Why do I keep going back for ****ing validation?

Yes, yes. I need to be a "big girl" and quit crying and learn how to do things on my own and blahblahblah. Just shut your front effing door and let me rant about my problems for five freakin' seconds and we can move on.

Rant, rant, rant, job, rant rant rant, men, rant rant rant.

Sorry, just had to do that. But you can rant all you want Leo, that's your right as a human being.

Also, I wish you luck, and I KNOW you will find better. (Want is too iffy for my taste)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Good one! Leo
    Ranting is sometimes about all you can do to stay sane!

Rant at us anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    *throws table*
    I would LOVE to know what you thought about that "why aren't you married" article. Though I probably shouldn't tease an angry Leo.
    A job is a job, but I need something better. And the one person who ****ing matters most... It's not the first time they have not supported me and made me feel like my dreams were not important. Why do I keep going back for ****ing validation?
    {/wraps own mouth in duct tape}
    Yes, yes. I need to be a "big girl" and quit crying and learn how to do things on my own and blahblahblah. Just shut your front effing door and let me rant about my problems for five freakin' seconds and we can move on.
    {/pulls of duct tape} I remember the two occasions I went to my Mom about how difficult things were for me. On both occasions she essentially told me to quit being such a sissy and man up. Interestingly (particularly for a bra-burning 1960's Leftist "women need men like a fish needs a bicycle" college professor) she's paying for my sister's apartment and car, and has made her the executor of her will and inheritor of the property. My sister is ten years older than I, has alimony and child support, and is just as well-credentialed.

'sokay Leo. Just don't get so irritated when I discuss things from the unpopular old-guy point of view (can't find your queer marriage mini-rant); there was a reason for the social structure that so many think ought to be destroyed and the fragments burnt. My wife is extraordinarily happy to not have <had> to work for 20+ years (me not so much).

IncGamers Member

Hey Leo, I hope you find something tolerable soon. The previous generations sold ours down the river, so we're stuck with stagflation and paying for their entitlements. If you look back far enough, people had kids mainly because they needed some brats to work their farms (cheap labor); little has changed regarding these attitudes. Just something to think about from a fellow slave. When you look in the mirror, picture a branding iron mark on your shoulder or something. I would advise being very careful about what we spend our precious little money on. It's one of the few ways of fighting back.

[Beginning to regret the cover letter advice we gave you...although it might help you strike gold with just a few hundred more applications.]

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

[QUOTE=jmervyn;8506410]I would LOVE to know what you thought about that "why aren't you married" article. Though I probably shouldn't tease an angry Leo.[QUOTE]

That article is bull**** and I hope she gets divorced in five years. :grin: I changed my school plans for a guy. I lived with one for three years. We talked about EVERYTHING. He helped me through a lot and I helped him. Yeah, marriage is a good thing. I'll put down my stubborness and cynicism to say that. Funny thing is... I'm not doing anything wrong. I'm actually trying to put my life back together and learn how to stand on my own because I've never done it before. I need to learn some independence and not rely on a husband or a man. I need to rely on myself. "What am I waiting for?" asks that horrendous ****ing article that just rubs it a bit too hard in my nose. Haven't met him yet. I don't date others. I have, like, four friends I talk to and associate with. Everyone I knew when I was dating Mara I cut out of my life. Even the ones who said they were my friend. For the time being and personal reasons, I can't/don't want to talk to that circle. What am I ****ing waiting for? What am I ****ing doing wrong? Apparently, every-****ing-thing and I have my priorities mixed up AND I don't get out. *laughs mirthlessly* That pretty ***** can go straight to hell. ^^ Her advice is pointless and worth Casey's fecal matter that is sometimes found on the bottom of my shoe.

'sokay Leo. Just don't get so irritated when I discuss things from the unpopular old-guy point of view (can't find your queer marriage mini-rant); there was a reason for the social structure that so many think ought to be destroyed and the fragments burnt. My wife is extraordinarily happy to not have <had> to work for 20+ years (me not so much).
    Jmervyn, I know we don't agree on several things ("queer marriage" being one of them *chuckle*) but it's still okay! You have your own points of view, I have mine, you have never called me a retarded 15 year old who had just discovered the internet (at least to my face *chuckles again*) and we can have a discussion. I learned a LOOOONG time ago to stay out of the political threads around here and I often see you goofin' off in other parts here.

Where am I going with this? Lol! Merv, I know you're a conservative dude. My tattoos and tarot cards would probably make your skin crawl. But I'm sure if you were to cast that aside, we may have fun drinking beer together. Speaking of beer, I really think I am an ale-type person. Need to test this out more! TO TEH PUBS!

Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    Hey Leo, I hope you find something tolerable soon. The previous generations sold ours down the river, so we're stuck with stagflation and paying for their entitlements. If you look back far enough, people had kids mainly because they needed some brats to work their farms (cheap labor); little has changed regarding these attitudes. Just something to think about from a fellow slave. When you look in the mirror, picture a branding iron mark on your shoulder or something. I would advise being very careful about what we spend our precious little money on. It's one of the few ways of fighting back.

[Beginning to regret the cover letter advice we gave you...although it might help you strike gold with just a few hundred more applications.]
    "HUNDREDS" is the key word, my friend. Thank you. Hre's hoping that we both will because, last time I personally talked with you, you were at a job you despised too! here's to you, buddy.

It's not the Boomers fault. Really, it's their parents for ****ing like rabbits on Ostara.

That article is bull**** and I hope she gets divorced in five years. :grin:
    Thought you would be one to believe in Karma?
    I need to learn some independence and not rely on a husband or a man. I need to rely on myself.
    Well, most definitely. I get irritated at my wife (of 25 years) for NOT being more independent and proactive!

However, I suspect you may be hating the article without recognizing the merits it contains. You'll notice that when independent, proactive women are seen on the "Right" (their true constituency) they are attacked and vilified by the Left. Sarah Palin is a perfect example; the only think everyone KNOWS about her is that she's dumb as a box of rocks, yet the only grounds for that were two heavily edited Leftist interviews and a bunch of slander by disgusting people like Andrew "Milky Loads" Sullivan.

Instead, the Left/Establishment's philosophy is "Woman need men like a fish needs a bicycle", which is why I suspect you feel bit by the article. Do you really think that is true conceptually? Worse, is there any reason for a guy to stick with you (and believe me, that is NOT a personal attack). Our social structure is leading inevitably to the "hook up" culture and not to stable families. There's literally no up-side to marriage from the man's side of the contract nowadays, and the jokes about it ring true.

Spoilered for extreme sexist offensiveness and obscenity AKA Eddie Murphy.
    Spoiler

You're going to have to find a guy who would willingly bind himself to and support a woman who can in effect steal HALF of his stuff forevermore. I suspect that only Christians like myself are still that stupid nowadays.

you have never called me a retarded 15 year old who had just discovered the internet (at least to my face *chuckles again*)
    Don't think I'd EVER call you that, particularly behind your back. Stevinator, maybe.
    My tattoos and tarot cards would probably make your skin crawl.
    Pish, a couple of my best working relationships were with flaming queers, so those are weak sauce. Tats don't bother me much either, though I would never get one or condone one on my own kid - mainly because of what they look like as you age.

Tarot cards are a different matter, of course, since I view them as Satanist in nature. My 90-year-old Dad's girlfriend wanted to give my son a reading... we didn't leave him alone in her presence the rest of the visit.

Since you live in TX, there's a slim chance you could find the best beer in the Western World. When it comes to ale, you should instead try German Weisse (wheat beer) if it can be found; you're more likely to enjoy it.

Also, have you ever tried mead?

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    You're going to have to find a guy who would willingly bind himself to and support a woman who can in effect steal HALF of his stuff forevermore. I suspect that only Christians like myself are still that stupid nowadays.
    To be precise, half of the stuff you obtain since the marriage, not including what you inherited. At leasdt it's like that here.

The world population is growing rapidly and I believe that most children are the product of a relation which can be called a married couple.

Whatever, I agree that those who say that they don't need the other gender will have problems to find a partner, but perhaps that's the better choice for such a person anyway.

Tarot cards are a different matter, of course, since I view them as Satanist in nature. My 90-year-old Dad's girlfriend wanted to give my son a reading... we didn't leave him alone in her presence the rest of the visit.
    And you were right. There are a lot of scumbags who are trying to exploit people who believe in esoteric matters, but I think it's satanism by nature. Tarot is certainly some pagan thing, but I wouldn't call it being satanist. Satanism picks up heathen traditions to give people a feeling of being netural. Whatever, Satanists are usually either (1) silly and/or drug-addled idiots or (2) perverts. the first usually become serious after the grew up mentally, the second will (hopefully) end up in jail. Bot for being satanist,. but for the crimes they committd.

Since you live in TX, there's a slim chance you could find the best beer in the Western World. When it comes to ale, you should instead try German Weisse (wheat beer) if it can be found; you're more likely to enjoy it.
    I can drink 2 wheat beers (half a litre each), then I have to drink something else. My guts aren't used to it, so I also have to fart more from it than I do when drinking "normal" beer, but well, I'm a Northern German while wheat beer is mostly a product of Bavaria (the German state, not the Bavaria brewery ).

Also, have you ever tried mead?
    There are huge differences in quality, so if you don't like it the first time, try it again later. However, if you don't like the taste of honey, it's probably hopeless.

One of my friends is keeping bees and he made a bit mead from the honey of last year. I'm curious!
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    To be precise, half of the stuff you obtain since the marriage, not including what you inherited. At leasdt it's like that here.
    That's wrong. It's half. HALF! [/Murphy] The only way it isn't is to pointedly exclude property, as in the pre-nuptial agreement.
    Whatever, I agree that those who say that they don't need the other gender will have problems to find a partner, but perhaps that's the better choice for such a person anyway.
    The article was from the female point of view, and the author's presumption (which outraged Leo) is in part that the natural inclination of the female is to 'get da manz'.

I personally believe this to be true, with some serious caveats.
    • Men mate with opportunistic instinct; if a younger, sexier woman comes along they are tempted to cheat.
    • Women mate with mercenary instinct; if a richer, more powerful man comes along they are tempted to leave their current one.
    • Lastly, natural = animal, and people SHOULD be about denying the animal (and IMO a large number of Leftists disagree with that concept at its roots, decrying it as racist and colonialist in nature, or at least calling me a homophone).

Tarot is certainly some pagan thing, but I wouldn't call it being satanist. Satanism picks up heathen traditions to give people a feeling of being netural.
    Well, the origins of Tarot actually ARE in post-medieval fortune telling, while the origins of 'official' Satanism are identical to those of Wicca - both of them come from the foul mind of Crowley rather than his supposed ancient finds, and were essentially the Scientology yesteryear.
    I can drink 2 wheat beers (half a litre each), then I have to drink something else.
    I managed three or four plus five or more Lichers and a couple of Schnapps - that may be the last time I was truly "drunk off me arse".
    There are huge differences in quality, so if you don't like it the first time, try it again later. However, if you don't like the taste of honey, it's probably hopeless.
    There's been a couple of local producers which make it in a fine, crisp style more akin to white wine than to ale.

IIRC there's also a cider called "scrumpy" but I only had that a couple of times so I may have confused it with heavier mead.

BattleTag kamap* / kamap-2813

Whats a homophone?

I'm married and was smart enough to make sure that my money stays my money and that my wifes money stays her money.
    No one will run away with half of the others belongings.