Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Re: Things you hate because they're pointless and stupid - continued.

I'm not balding! Just a small bit at the temples. A small bit!
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    Did it at least feel a small bit good that you have been asked?
    at least he humored me

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    Spammers.

They can suck it.
    *opens mouth*

WAIT, WHAT??

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Housewares View Post
    in the past I've volunteered for bot zapping duty just cuz I was always here, but now I'm never here, I blame everyone for not being entertaining enough
    eff you! I do my best to entertain you men and women! And if it's not appreciated, well that's your problem. not mine.

I'm not balding! Just a small bit at the temples. A small bit!
    and you know, it's not even a whole lot around the temples. you still have a good head of hair. ^_^

Going into a store or restaurant right as they are about to close. Like, seriously, people. I want to go home and I'm counting down a cash drawer. Why the **** are you going to call me 10 minutes before we close and ask about rice paper?! >< At this time of my work day, I REALLY have no idea wtf you are talking about because my mind has already checked out for the day and you being vague doesn't help. Seriously, my next comic strip is going to be about tonight's actions.

Oh, and don't call an art store and ask to describe what kind of stickers or stationary or beads they have. Seriously, that is SUCH a vague request and more than likely they will carry at least 10 diff kinds of the same ****. Get your *** dressed and come down to the store to see what is there if you can't see it online.

Example: *ring ring*

"Art Store. How can I help you?"

*sounding a little too country* "Uh, yeah. Hey. Do y'all have any heart shaped stickers?"

*proceeds to tell me about her daughter who has a project or some crap and she needed a certain type of heart sticker*

*middle of a rush*

"Ma'am we have a ton of heart stickers to choose from. I mean, some look like this and some like that."

"Well, can you tell me what they look like?"

*sure, even though I am in the middle of a rush and I am getting hit with a ton of customers, let me stop just to describe you ALL the heart stickers we have. Absolutely. -.- *

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch;8435826
    "Well, can you tell me what they look like?"

[I
    *sure, even though I am in the middle of a rush and I am getting hit with a ton of customers, let me stop just to describe you ALL the heart stickers we have. Absolutely. -.- *[/I]
    we've got a hearts with holes, hearts with lots of holes, hearts with bleeding holes, and ripped hearts...

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    and you know, it's not even a whole lot around the temples. you still have a good head of hair. ^_^
    You are probably talking about something from 5 years ago, but it didn't become much worse. I found noticably more hairs in the shower for a few months, but that has stopped for now. Not whole bushels, just more than usual.

*sure, even though I am in the middle of a rush and I am getting hit with a ton of customers, let me stop just to describe you ALL the heart stickers we have. Absolutely. -.- *
    If she doesn't accept an answer like "sorry, that would take too much time", you could ask her how many hundreds of them she's going to buy.

The problem seems to be that you are expected to to deny it without making her angry. US Americans might be a bit spoiled with super-friendly store clerks, waiters etc. and react more sensible to answers which they don't want to hear.
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

BattleTag kamap* / kamap-2813

*Sorry mam I'm going trough a tunnel, krshhh krshhh, your falling away, I can't hear you anymore, sshsssssssshhhhhhhhh* hang up phone.
    problem solved.

If she doesn't accept an answer like "sorry, that would take too much time", you could ask her how many hundreds of them she's going to buy.
    That's actually a workable solution for those circumstances. Most callers would realize they were being idiots, with hopefully < 10% quibbling the issue.
    The problem seems to be that you are expected to to deny it without making her angry. US Americans might be a bit spoiled with super-friendly store clerks, waiters etc. and react more sensible to answers which they don't want to hear.
    You think? It's our "immediate gratification society", though there might even be a majority of the opposite sort of server found in the so-called "service sector"...

The other problem is having to be face-to-face. Yesterday morning was started by a Special Education teacher (we can't call them retarded anymore, either in profession or in nature) showing up at my office telling me her computer had no power. The inference was that I was to drop everything I may have been doing (in this case, changing our network routing) and go to her office to fix her problem. I deferred, suggesting that she go check to see if there was power to the outlet or a flipped breaker (turned out to have been the latter, since the copier and other appliances were off as well). The follow-up was an e-mail from another SPED teacher haughtily informing me that she had a video conference that I would need to dial the number for. This teacher used to be an IT "professional"...

These people aren't stupid; they're at least as well-credentialed as I and often better (Doctorate level). It's just that they're sufficiently lazy and arrogant to want someone else to take care of them, rather than doing things for themselves (particularly THINKING).
    Last edited by jmervyn; 27-09-2012 at 12:27.

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    That's actually a workable solution for those circumstances. Most callers would realize they were being idiots, with hopefully < 10% quibbling the issue.
    If your boss doesn't like applying sarcasm to your customers, then you simply repeat variations of "it takes too much time". If everything fails, you could pretend that you cannot hear the customer anymore (on further calls, repeat that from the beginning), somethng and ask her to come to the store.

You think? It's our "immediate gratification society", though there might even be a majority of the opposite sort of server found in the so-called "service sector"...
    That depends on who needs the other to a greater extent. If there are three shoe stores on a town, the store clerks will probably mich more friendly than if there's just one.

These people aren't stupid; they're at least as well-credentialed as I and often better (Doctorate level). It's just that they're sufficiently lazy and arrogant to want someone else to take care of them, rather than doing things for themselves (particularly THINKING).
    If they want you to act like a servant, I suggest not to provide more brains than necessary. Just follow their orders. Too much thinking of your own (e.g. about what might be better for the company), too much ambition or even just catching attention of any kind will bring you as much or even more trouble as too little of it... you might remember that from your army times .

If your boss doesn't like applying sarcasm to your customers, then you simply repeat variations of "it takes too much time".
    I'm mostly on-site, and a level 2 HellDesk manager. If I apply sarcasm to my ("internal") customers, the anger and venom only mounts. Though believe me, I'd love to:

Meanwhile, you probably didn't know my real name is "Fred":

These accurately reflect my life. No joke. The only one I can't find is where the users chase him with torches & pitchforks and eventually lynch him from a light-post.

That depends on who needs the other to a greater extent. If there are three shoe stores on a town, the store clerks will probably mich more friendly than if there's just one.
    That's true; the "invisible hand" can crush companies like a bug if they aren't smart. I've just started another thread about that.

If they want you to act like a servant, I suggest not to provide more brains than necessary. Just follow their orders. Too much thinking of your own (e.g. about what might be better for the company), too much ambition or even just catching attention of any kind will bring you as much or even more trouble as too little of it... you might remember that from your army times .
    You forget, I was "management" (not quite "Brass") in the Army, and my job specifically exists for independent problem solving and trouble shooting within the organization. It goes against the very fibre of my being to be laconic and shiftless, which could account for why I'm so angry and dissatisfied all the time...

j/k, that's actually part of the IT job description in many cases