Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Re: Things you hate because they're pointless and stupid - continued.

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    It's annoying if somebody is getting slower and slower for no reason and without blinking and I ask myself "What's he going to do now? Turn left? Right? Halt? Can I pass him?" until I lose my patience and take the risk.
    I agree, but here's a cautionary tale for you. My brother did that. Just went around a woman who had almost come to a dead stop at an intersection. Then she turned her car into his, managed to total the truck he was driving. On the bright side, he wasn't given a ticket because it turns out that the woman had been in half a dozen very similar "accidents". SHE ended up being charged with insurance fraud. Brother was still minus one truck though.

Another driving related thing that gets on my nerves is mid-late fall when it starts to snow. I'm not talking winter storm or anything, I'm talking very light flurries that are barely noticeable and nothing is sticking to the ground. What's annoying about it is the people who slow down by 30 mph because of it. I'm not exaggerating, there's a 60 mph speed limit and they drive 30 mph and I can't pass them because there's a solid stream of oncoming traffic trying to get to work. I could understand if they had a flat or something and are driving on the spare, but I doubt that the same car will get a flat tire each and every time the weather is like this.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Good Luck Leo, Even is saying that is P&S

Found some George Carlen Related post that was P&S and pissed me off so back on topic.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

Here's some more to help the stupid people out

"And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, '**** waffles.'"

"I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own so both of them together is certain death."

"Honesty may be the best policy, but it’s important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy."

"Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck."

"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

"What does it mean to pre-board? Do you get on before you get on?"

"By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth."

"Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money."

"Weather forecast for tonight: Dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning."

"If you’ve got a cat and a leg, you’ve got a happy cat. If you’ve got a cat and two legs, you’ve got a party."

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

"So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the mother****er. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family."

"Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: 'We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.'"

"Property is theft. Nobody 'owns' anything. When you die, it all stays here."

"The real reason that we can’t have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post 'Thou shalt not steal,' 'Thou shalt not commit adultery,' and 'Thou shalt not lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment."

"Whoever coined the term “Buyer Beware” was probably bleeding from the *******."

"Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit."
    Last edited by BobCox2; 16-07-2013 at 06:05.

@Leo: F'n A on the drug thing! I can't stand drugs either, I was even a stickler as a teenager because virtually everyone I knew was screwing themselves up with them. One of them was my best friend, and he drugged himself stupid on practically everything (pot, acid, speed, even cocaine for a while). What's crazy is that I think weed should be legal because throwing people in jail for it terminally stupid, but I still don't think anyone should do it (very often, anyway). I've always treasured my brain, because for much of my life it was my only redeeming quality, so I don't want to do anything to screw it up.

Damn straight you know you don't go into stranger's houses!! Heck, you're in Texas! That's where the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was. It's even in the name!!!! Seriously though, that's f'n crazy that anyone would even bring that up! That's some serious Ted Bundy **** right there! I remember when I was super little, we lived in a trailer park and there were known child molesters that lived there. One year, my sister took me trick'or'treating and some creep asked me if I wanted a treat, or if I wanted to come in and see a trick. It was probably called "Hide the Penis", but big sis shuffled me away from the house before I could respond.

And good luck with that job! Don't get serial killer'd on the way there!
    Last edited by Technomancer; 16-07-2013 at 07:20.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

It might be where your at but do you need to control others?
    I love the Beat-Down I'm taking on occasional use of THE DRUGS "marijuana" vs given that it was in context with my use of tobacco (Everyday) and hatred of how it's so additive in comparison, not to mention Alcohol (Which none of you did, and knowing your Drunk-*** posts I will not believe your disclaimers.)

Yeah sure.

Pointless and stupid is being afraid to say the truth on a random internet forum and thinking the NSA sorts it all out.
    I love you ***** but really people....
    No one has time to look at all the posts including the mods.

Self Censorship is the worst kind if it's not from the heart.

P&S

Hm.
    Most smokers at least have the decency to go outside for smoking. Drunk people can be quite a nuissance, but appearantly that's the norm these days and it's funny and cool, and I'm simply a hag for not enjoying myself too by getting drunk like everyone else does.
    This from the same people who think it's important to be yourself at all times, but yet need to alter their heads with stuff to feel reasonably confident and have a good time.

IncGamers Member

I must agree with Bob. THC (weed) is a saintly boy scout compared to the societal toll of alcohol and tobacco. Weed is only illegal to fund America's prison industrial complex. Those jails won't fill themselves; you need to make pleasurable things like sex (prostitution) and drugs criminal.

BattleTag kamap* / kamap-2813

I did enjoy a join from time to time in my younger years, it altered my state of mind and sometimes helped my passed a writers block or see things in a different perspective, so when I did get of my high, I would have a solution for a problem I was dealing with.

I also do drink, but I don't get drunk, I might get a little tipsy, but I haven't ever been drunk. I rather enjoy a good drink that cost more then a whole lot of bad drinks to get drunk.

But like bob and stillman say, far worse things are legal and depending on what country or state your from there are also some crazy laws, some law books really need to be rewritten I'd say.

New one - movies deliberately intended to be stupid. Not to be confused with the low-budget or independent film, or even ones for TV "theater" purposes, but the ones made outlandish and idiotic simply for the purposes of trying to achieve some sort of EdWoodsian cult status.

Case in point is this follow-up to Sharknado:

I had heard of Shark-nado, but not this intriguing sequel.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

More medical instructions