Grand. Simply splendid. So it went:
1. I click on 'D3' icon, eager to start playing (well, as eager as you can with D3 )
2. 'Updating setup' (or something like that) appears, with a neat green progress bar
3. Progress bar goes 2/3 of the way, then stops and stays there for 10 minutes without movement
4. I click 'cancel' *puts on sunglasses*
5. BOOOOM! I click on the icon again, only to be greeted by a little box that says: "File is being used by another program".
6. I restart computer (took a good 15 minutes, maybe random, maybe related to this somehow) --> back to step 1, rinse and repeat
So... Any suggestions? What the hell kind of update was that, anyway? Something to do with 1.0.5. and the PTR? All other people peachy keen with that or someone having similar conundrums? Any advice before I take the blue pill and go back to D2, where you could actually find items and didn't have to deal with updates that messed up your game?