Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: 1.0.5, the "Whirlwind" DH at long last!

Are you guys taking into account that a lot of the time there are no monsters around, meaning you get the full 8/s Hatred regen with no depletion? I actually dropped Punishment from my build since I don't really need it on Mp 0 where I run atm. I'll have to see how it goes...

I noticed that Chakram can be put on left click (might be the only buff in the game with that property), allowing me to fit Vault into the build for even greater mobility. I also switched Night Stalker for Tactical Advantage.

On Mp 0, this is the top DH farming build atm, no question about it. Builds that combine movement and killing have a huge advantage over all others, and for the DH this is the only choice after the ToC nerf.

Speaking of nerfs... It's well to keep in mind that Fat Jay's nerf-hammer itches bigtime for efficient non-Barb builds like this. Luckily the gear for this build is not too specific, and +Strafe% gear is still cheap as word of the build has not yet got out at large.

@theredpredator: Why not simply buy cheaper emmies? With 2 90% ones, you only pay 1/4th the price and lose a petty 20% cdmg - more than a fair trade imo.

In general, dmg is worth much more on weapons than Dex, though I'm not sure of the exact equation. Be sure to have LoH or Life Steal on the Manti, though.

What would be the best 1h crossbow for this build?

Quote Originally Posted by theredpredator View Post
    Please dont call it a tier 2 niche untill you have actually tried it out.
    I will not apologize for calling a build without Tactical Advantage tier 2. No amount of simultaneous shoot-running will compensate for bursts of +60% movement speed. (Squeeze TA in along with Vault, and I might retract.)

Nevertheless, I will be testing this out. I doubt I'll agree with the same build as you, but I feel like I've neglected Strafe and should look into it much more heavily. Especially after realizing Shadow Glide might actually have a use.

BattleTag Xuu-6972

What would happen if you vault with TA, then strafe? XD Would it get the speed burst?
    Add the shadow glide in the mix and drifting shadow for strafe? Would it teleport like Son Goku? XD

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dethklok View Post
    I will not apologize for calling a build without Tactical Advantage tier 2. No amount of simultaneous shoot-running will compensate for bursts of +60% movement speed. (Squeeze TA in along with Vault, and I might retract.) Nevertheless, I will be testing this out. I doubt I'll agree with the same build as you, but I feel like I've neglected Strafe and should look into it much more heavily. Especially after realizing Shadow Glide might actually have a use.
    If you want to do very fast MP0 runs than TA is nobrainer as well as Nightstalker and Vengeance (in this case you need as much regeneration as possible if you are vaulting every 2-3 seconds). I'd say you would get SP, Preparation, Vault, Bat, FoK, Strafe and Vengeance, TA, Nighstalker as passives.

For speedruns FoK (not a skill that would be taken on higher MP levels) seems to be especially helpful as it massively helps against the biggest problem (Elites) and the cooldown (compared to RoV) is low enough to use it against the majority of Elites you encounter.

Death_StrikeR: You get the speed bonus from Vault/TA with Strafe. Drifting shadow though will slow you down on an Alkaizer route as it will take you more time to clear large packs in comparison to Demolition (if you get some Ubergear and can 1 shot everything with Chakram/Shuriken Cloud this might change. For this higher attack speed and even better gear for the needed damage might be helpful). If you are not doing Alkaizer runs but lets say go for act 1 you might get better results with Drifting Shadow.

And if you got a legacy Nats in line with other Uber gear then you might even be able to beat barbs at an Alkaizer speed run (constant SP/movement speed + Vault/TA or TA and SS/Movement Speed Rune which might be even faster).

IncGamers Member

Could the extra regeneration discipline of a 4set bonus of natyalya allow to not chose for night stalker?

IncGamers Member

I would say this would depend on your build. If you want to use SP every 5 seconds for the added movement bonus or even SS (with TA) every 3 seconds for even more movement bonus you probably would need as much regeneration as possible. If you would want to hold down your strafe button for an entire run (without leg Nats you can do this with an regeneration shrine for the duration of the buff ) you probably would keep Nightstalker and Vengeance as well.

If you are just Vaulting and are using SP only when needed (damage reflect etc.) you should be fine with skipping Nighstalker (and maybe even Vengeance). If you already got a legacy set, you could just try it out.

IncGamers Member

Is it worth the exra millions to spend on a manticore that has +1xx dext instead of one with intelligence?

lets say i see a manticore with dmg 1080 but with intelligence vs a 1030 manticore with 180 dexterity. How big would the damage difference be?

IncGamers Member

Is it worth the exra millions to spend on a manticore that has +1xx dext instead of one with intelligence?

lets say i see a manticore with dmg 1080 but with intelligence vs a 1030 manticore with 180 dexterity. How big would the damage difference be?
    It can be quite substantial, but the real damage difference is going to depend on how much dexterity and min/max damage you have elsewhere. d3rawr.com/d is my favorite D3 calculator right now; you can try it yourself pretty easily once you familiarize yourself with the calculator. It will even pull your current gear from the armory to simplify things.

The first column is the % advantage the Dex weapon has over the non-Dex weapon for a user whose off-weapon Dexterity is equal to the value in the second column.
    Code:
    10% 1073
    9%  1160
    8%  1259
    7%  1376
    6%  1515
    5%  1683
    4%  1889
    3%  2150
    2%  2489
    1%  2949
    0%  3608
    Given your specific example, the Dex weapon is the better of the two options. However, an 1110 Int weapon would beat the Dexer.