Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    IncGamers Member

Re: 1.0.5, the "Whirlwind" DH at long last!

Humm, the ring only gives +20 Disc with four pieces of the set though. Bummer. The ridiculous Mempo of Twilight that I caught for a mere 7 mill is so much better than anything but a 1 billion gold Nat's helm that I just can't give it up for now. SoJ otoh gives +Disc... I can't see a replacement for it atm. Maybe if I could afford a Quiver with both Hatred regen and +Disc... Does it even exist?

Edit: They do exist, but my Deadman's gives +300 of both Dex and Vita... Gonna be hard to replace even when I don't care about the skill on it. I'll have to keep my eyes open.
    Last edited by Greizer; 30-11-2012 at 09:48.

IncGamers Member

lol u manage to get a MOT for 7 million? hahaha xd

I did not, so I am forced to use natalyas helmet -.-

I believe that there is a quiver that provides both though.

IncGamers Member

Cheapest Dex Mempo is 2,8 mill on AH right now. Not too expensive (ofc everything is relative... My whole wealth was a few million for a long time). Mine has 19% mf to boot, but it seems there's another similar one that's not selling for 7 million. I wonder if enough people have quit that the game is truly dying or is it simply that there's too much saturation of Legendaries? In any case it's good in the short term for those of moderate means.

IncGamers Member

I remember looking for one of those a while back and the prices were much higher...

still dont know if I should give up the discipline... for the mempo.

IncGamers Member

Its been a while since I posted here... been too busy with other stuff. My DH: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/M...2/hero/1732176

Actually I can not imagine playing any other race or any other setup. This build just whirls threw anything. I got allthe cault thingies out atm, so i can just play multiplayer, little fan of knives (lol very fun if a ton of face huggers come at you) and just micro a little, time a little of gloom and you got it.

My gear pretty much sucks/meh is ok, but I can play the game like its the BOMB. Litteraly the bob I has Demolition...

I tried Strafe with the knife throwing avbility but I do like half the dmg its crazy..

If you want to go rly crazy just switch out fan of knifes for like caltrops spikes ; just whirl threw a pack, throw down catrops and watch DPS work its way just like slow XDXD. Or just a Vault like w/e. I like using perfectionist instead of tacitcal advantage... im not the exp grinding guy.. just the fun lovin' criminal.. maybe thats the problem with DH?

IncGamers Member

This topic is getting kind of dead... And we still do not have a consensus on what would be the max dmg output. I was thinking of going 1H/1H with:

main hand high dmg Calamaty (14xx without sock or 13xx with 1 sock?)
    second hand a godly rare with:
    • High Dext
    • Crit dmg
    • 1 socket for 100% more crit
    • hatred regen/discipline
    • maybe vit?/LOH?

Or just the standard manticore?

Im thinking the way higher as of the calamaty combined with the AOE would rape the manticore. Because you apply AOE faster and quicker, your total damage output increases dramaticly. Plus you get the nice increased damage mark from calamaty.

Add in archery for a 20% chance to crit. Add 46,5 chance to crit from normal gear and 7% from natalya set bonus you get 73,5% chance to crit. This means you can get 36,75% chance to add discipline threw nightstalker.

You will have 6.9 hatred regen, together with the dropping pods you should be killing mobs while not constantly having to hit preparation.

Another advantage of the gosu attack speed is the ridiculous LOH.

Together with SOJ you will have 40 discipline. if u use 1h bow with crit you will have 45-49 discipline. Enough backup u would assume.

Would this beat the max manticore setup? anyone got the math? Also should i use max dmg calamity no sock or 1 sock?

IncGamers Site Pal
    BattleTag VTMatt

I run a similar build (Credit to Master_Zappy!) modified a bit for hardcore:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/V.../hero/16304836

I'm always wary about giving up a shield on my HC chars, but I'm rolling with a Manticore/quiver.

The biggest differences I think are Smoke Screen over Vault (Definitely lose some speed, but it's a must for a hardcore DH), and Bola over Chakaram. I generally play a little bit more conservatively with Strafe; usually shoot bolas into the pack from a distance, then Strafe around the outside tossing Bolas in as I go, rather than plowing through the middle.

Obviously the gear is not as good as what you'd likely see on a SC build. Someone mentioned a Mempo for 7mil, my low end Nats boots cost triple that, so it'll be a while before I'm anywhere close to the very high end gear.

Great build though, glad some other folks are enjoying the strafe DH as well!

IncGamers Member

Demolition is the only rune worth a look, but it doesn't hit moving targets. Aren't you guys mad about this?
    Last edited by Madmaxio; 09-05-2013 at 08:55.