Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Re: Endgame Archon Build

It depends on what youre farming for. It seems higher Monster Power only grants higher exp for lvls 1-59, lvl 60s get better loot. So its a tradeoff between paragon or loot.
    As a sidenote I have managed to aquire 106k buffed dps and tear through act 3 solo in archon. With increased monster HP in 4-player coop I stay in Archon mode for about 20 seconds on average, and then its Storm Chaser time. It will be interesting to see how high one can go with Monster Power.

IncGamers Member

Thing is, archon post-patch will probably be the highest damage ability in the game. What other skill lets you channel a 375% weapon damage FREE aoe?

If monsterpower 10 means we drop from archon every once in a while, that's not too big a deal, just port to town and ID your rares then hop back down and start owning again.

Also, the way I read it was that levels 1-59 only gets increased xp, while level 60 chars get xp, mf, and gf.
    Last edited by Kaiadam; 21-09-2012 at 19:18.

I reread the notes and it does seem like 60s get exp, mf and gf.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by magicrectangle View Post
    Swapping back to my wizard from my barb (getting tired of it, plus nerfs coming so whatever), my wizard had 100m worth of gear by early-mid 1.03 standards, but total it was probably worth less than 5-10m by 1.04 standards. I just dropped 6 mil gold, taking her from 38k dps to 75k dps, and now she is a capable archon. Some more damage would be nice. I have my eyes on a tal's chest, and some other stuff to bring damage up, but it was pretty impressive what just 6m did for her.
    Well I burned another 30m, bringing me up to 94k dps plus 25% extra against elites from stone of jordan (trash all dies super fast anyway).

I definitely think 100k for 10m is optimistic, although if I were using a more normal second ring rather than stone of jordan I'd probably be over 100k on char screen.

Still getting used to not having any kind of escape ability.

100k for 10m on american servers. It's worth saying again and perhaps mention it in the guide. Different prices on different realms.

Just one ring from the 10 mil budget guide costs almost 4 millions gold on eu when it's apparently 500k on the american realm and that was the best deal available! (the lowest buyout)

You americans have easy mode

Sacrificing all res and life on hit (or any real kind of survival stats) it is possible to get 77-80k buffed with 10 mill (On the American server).
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Z...5/hero/7642177
    the above cost me over 10 mill weapon 5 mill (overpaid), Helm (no socket. without the low fire damage, can have same stats for 400k) 750k
    source 105k, pants 960k, Gloves 800k (way overpaid) ring slot 2 1.3m
    Bracer 2.9m, chest 400k (heaps of cheaper chests I wanted the high armor), shoulders 100k, boots 400k, ammy 600k, ring 1 220k
    13.135m not including gems, I paid more than I should have for most of it as I was in a hurry trying to get it done for testing over the weekend.

I have found yes I can keep Archon up for long enough for it to come off cooldown most of the time, I find I do die easily but some all res (your base is increased 80%) and dropping glass cannon and getting Enchantress instead of scoundrel should clear that up. I found that somewhere between 65-70k dps was enough to kill easy trash fast enough, elites give trouble but there is normally more than 2 minutes between elites so you can pop archon again.

I think once I have a more tank like wizard and around 100-120k dps I will drop improved archon for archon teleport to increase farming rate rather than focus on more dps

So as not to high jack this thread to talk about myself, does illusionist effect archon's teleport? so far I don't see it

############################
    Edited to correct 80-90k dps to 77k-80k, I had 90k with glass cannon and a self found weapon but it's worth about 15m and has no Life steal but as stated you can achieve high numbers for cheap ( a relative term, I wouldn't call archon cheap in any way) but you will die at the drop of a hat. getting to the stage of infinite archon is the point of the high dps and run speed, surviving long enough to use it is what requires more investment, that's where I'm at now but I agree with the sentiment of the original post, once the high dps number is achieved you can start to play the build.

I'm glad I started to play Archon as it will become my new main, farming is boring so I'm going to make it as fast and easy as possible, a 20 min run is sometimes all I can fit in, sometimes I play on the laptop before bed, I don't want to WW spin or think too hard.

Zerker
    Last edited by WNxZerker; 23-09-2012 at 10:22.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Randalar-1109

My own not-so-great experience working with archon leads me to think this build is not worth trying until you are over 100k. Yes, you can make it work at 75-80k, but my CM build (vanilla or SA) obliterates a 75k archon. The main issue is bosses and survivability when you are at 75k. Until you can melt elites and champs, archon does not compete for farming efficiency. Now fun factor...that's a different issue.

I agree with you eric xanthu. Better save up the gold and go for 100k+ damage than struggling with packs at 75-80k dmg.

IncGamers Member

The OP's video is very impressive, but I figured I'd make a video that is actually at roughly the gear level the OP is talking about, rather than his dramatically awesome gearset:

<****** class="restrain" title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mKl9i4jy-Xk?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0">

edit: er, video embedding broken? Linky:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKl9i4jy-Xk

That's with 30m invested. A bit more than the 10m the OP is talking about, but it is in the same ballpark at least, and the DPS number is actually about what he was talking about (again, I think his estimates were optimistic price-wise).

Nice video magicrectangle. That could be linked in the guide if the op wills it. If only to show the difference between 100k dps and 200k.