Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BattleTag kestegs-1550

Re: Endgame Archon Build

Yea, I have 24% MS and I was even running scramble. It probably has a lot to do with me just not being used to the play style. It also feels a lot slower than my CM build, even if it isn't.

my gear: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/k...0/hero/2308067

And I did use a 3% LS weapon with a bit more DPS plus a Tal's helm when I was doing it.

IncGamers Member

The tip in this thread about getting a cheap source with apoc to switch when you're out of archon mode is really good! I went to purchase a 8.5cc/10apoc source today for 500k, and with only 36.5% cc I can recharge my archon much faster when out I'm out. I highly recommend that any player just go get a source without apoc and switch when out of archon mode.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    That is one sick Witching Hour...

One thing about your gear though, is that you need a weapon with black (physical) damage to take advantage of the +% elemental damage from your source/boots. Right now you are losing out on a huge chunk of damage because of this quirk.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Yesterday I invested 25 mill on Slorak's Madness with good Int roll, perfect IAS roll and near-perfect CritDamage roll. It doesn't have really high dps, but for 25 mill that was hands down the best wand on the EU AH for Archons.
    It also brings fun in the party because when you die, the whole party hears an ominous "MUAHAHAHAHA!" coming from the wand.

With energy weapon and sparkflint I am now finally at the magic 100k dps! On my first solo run in Act 3, I was in Archon mode for around 5 minutes before I ran out of mobs. Need more movement speed.

EDIT: Take a look at my gear. It's not expensive (aside from the ring, but that one is self-found), so you can do it too!
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/f...8/hero/2210535

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Quote Originally Posted by deducter View Post

That is one sick Witching Hour...

One thing about your gear though, is that you need a weapon with black (physical) damage to take advantage of the +% elemental damage from your source/boots. Right now you are losing out on a huge chunk of damage because of this quirk.
    Thanks

Yes, the weapon is actually self found and beat out the black wand with 1075 DPS I was using before, but ideally black would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by RazeBarb View Post
    because when you die, the whole party hears an ominous "MUAHAHAHAHA!" coming from the wand.
    That's too funny!

All right, I'll give this a go.

I've got a level 60(3) Wizard parked up that I've been wondering what to do with. I had a good run last night netting myself three items that should supply the funds for this currently on auction. I'm on the America's.

Here is the patient.

I figure that the Shoulders, Armor, pants and Belt should work so I'll need weapon, sources, boots, helm, gloves, braciers and Jewellry.
    Worst case scenario, if it doesn't work for myself, it'll improve the character no end anyway. Fully equipped DPS fully equipped was only 27k dps or so from memory.

IncGamers Member

Swapping back to my wizard from my barb (getting tired of it, plus nerfs coming so whatever), my wizard had 100m worth of gear by early-mid 1.03 standards, but total it was probably worth less than 5-10m by 1.04 standards. I just dropped 6 mil gold, taking her from 38k dps to 75k dps, and now she is a capable archon. Some more damage would be nice. I have my eyes on a tal's chest, and some other stuff to bring damage up, but it was pretty impressive what just 6m did for her.

Archon is a nice change of pace too. You'd think it would be hectic like a barb with thrive, but it really isn't. You just glide along killing stuff, and if archon happens to drop (which isn't that common) you spam a few storm chasers. Nothing like having to spam sprint and battle rage to dump fury (without going too low), while madly dashing to hit things to get enough fury to keep thrive going.

Actually find myself having to click off archon to rebuff more often than having archon drop on its own.

IncGamers Member

With monster power, it'll probably be hard to make this build work, with the best rewards coming from both increased monster HP and damage. At best it would require much more gear, and at worst will not work at all come patch. I guess enjoy it while you can?

Don't be discouraged, though, as all OP builds are getting nerfed to anywhere between "the ground" and "reasonable" (time will tell), as sprint is getting a more sane coefficient and cinders is getting its bug fixed to only do 1/5 of its damage.

IncGamers Member

It still isn't clear whether farming with monster power will be the best way to go, but yeah, the nature of archon would tend not to work that well with high HP enemies.

Worst case, it is back to CM build, since strangely storm chaser nerfs aren't in the notes.