Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Endgame Archon Build

Quote Originally Posted by MrNajsman View Post
    I have the same build and buffed dps as Dogbert (85k) and it works really well in Act 3 solo. I have 750 all res and 6.5k armor with Prismatic though. Most elites go down fairly fast, deaths still occur on tougher ones.
    Coop is harder in a way, with 4 players monster hp is so high I drop out of archon to often to be really effective.
    How much do your gear worth?

IncGamers Member

What helm is good for this archon build? 150+ int and crit chance 4%. Anything else?
    Seems like the author started writing something but didn't finish it.

Also a heads up for people attempting to get the 10 million budget gear on europe server. It's not possible.
    I spent a couple hours checking the ah. And most items are much more expensive here.
    Hmm, copy-paste got clipped. I went and filled that line in, thanks.

Sorry, I'm only familiar with the NA AH. My condolences to European and Asian players for fewer farmers that flood the market with decent, cheap gear.

This is very interesting, but I'm not sure if I could reach the 110k buffed DPS you stated with that list... I plugged the numbers into the spreadsheet, and even with a higher source (82-297), I was only getting 60k unbuffed damage, and with a 22% bonus damage (sparkflint and glass cannon), it was at 73k DPS.

Which brings me to the question, how does Magic Weapon interact with Archon? Does it apply to the Archon form, and if so, does it still have a 5 minute timer? If it does apply then the damage would be around 80k with the stats you mentioned.

EDIT: I guess I didn't think of the Triumvirate damage bonus, does that add to your on-screen DPS?
    Triumvirate does indeed add to character screen dps, and magic weapon does what it always does - just tacks on a 15% damage multiplier to your total damage. So 60k *1.42*1.15 ~= 98k dps that you should be around, roughly.

As an addendum, I went and redid the gear calculation, and I must've made a mistake in the data entry, in addition to keeping my paragon level. Adjusted to expected ~90k dps. Not as great as 110k, but still high enough to be able to farm as archon.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

I'm using the same build as Kaiadam, except that I chose Blur instead of Galvanizing ward for now (got really low AllRes)
    At around 95k dps (buffed), I burn trashmobs like grass and elites so-so, depending on their affixes.
    Last week I was at 72k dps and had trouble staying in Archon for the minimum recommended time of 2 minutes, but 95k now do the trick.

I often watch Archon wizards on twitch.tv and from what I've observed, you need around 110-120k unbuffed to get to 160-170k buffed. Once you're at that kind of dps, you'll almost instagib every elite pack in Act 3.

Quote Originally Posted by steviechan View Post
    How much do your gear worth?
    I recently got my one and only good drop so far but it was a good one. My gear is around 50M on the EU ah so it doesnt really apply to this thread which focuses on 10M budget. I posted that to let people know that 80-85k buffed dps lets me stay in archon for long periods, if solo.

Edit: 50M for 65k unbuffed dps is quite much. But I have invested in some of the Best-in-slot gear, still need to upgrade my main hand and source to really make use of it. You dont need 50M to "only" get to 65k.
    Last edited by MrNajsman; 18-09-2012 at 11:01.

IncGamers Member

I recently got my one and only good drop so far but it was a good one. My gear is around 50M on the EU ah so it doesnt really apply to this thread which focuses on 10M budget. I posted that to let people know that 80-85k buffed dps lets me stay in archon for long periods, if solo.

Edit: 50M for 65k unbuffed dps is quite much. But I have invested in some of the Best-in-slot gear, still need to upgrade my main hand and source to really make use of it. You dont need 50M to "only" get to 65k.
    I get a shXt load of negative feedbacks from some D3 NA server asian expert level players.

Most of them claim that nobody can get those stats within 10mill budget.

Some of them even claim farming A3 instead of farming AH for those gear will yield better return, like few hundred millions more

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by RazeBarb View Post
    I'm using the same build as Kaiadam, except that I chose Blur instead of Galvanizing ward for now (got really low AllRes)
    At around 95k dps (buffed), I burn trashmobs like grass and elites so-so, depending on their affixes.
    Last week I was at 72k dps and had trouble staying in Archon for the minimum recommended time of 2 minutes, but 95k now do the trick.

I often watch Archon wizards on twitch.tv and from what I've observed, you need around 110-120k unbuffed to get to 160-170k buffed. Once you're at that kind of dps, you'll almost instagib every elite pack in Act 3.
    Is your gear within his budget?

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    I honestly don't feel that my DPS is good enough to efficiently farm, and mine is at 140k buffed. I would hate to try it with even less. I tried it several times and I just can't get into the build as I can't kill fast enough to keep archon up all the time.

For now I'm moving back to shocking aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    I honestly don't feel that my DPS is good enough to efficiently farm, and mine is at 140k buffed. I would hate to try it with even less. I tried it several times and I just can't get into the build as I can't kill fast enough to keep archon up all the time.

Damn you shocknados and your superiorly fun build!

I don't disagree with your decision, especially with your stats, but where are you finding archon failing the most during your run? I usually only have issues of non-archon during core of arreat and tower 1, but by crater 2 everything is up for good.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeniX Skye View Post
    Did you try a A3 run with that? If so, did it work well?
    No 82 000 dps is not enough for act 3. Taking too much ranged damage because monsters don't die instantly as in the author's youtube link.
    It's enough to farm in act 2 though. But act 2 kinda sucks compared to act 3. Some areas don't have much monster density.

Quote Originally Posted by steviechan View Post
    I share it on an Asian forum and people are like omg it's impossible everything is way too expensive.

Dogbert did try to run act3? Base on your profile info I guess it would be pretty rough
    I tried but i died and had to pay repair bills instead of making money.

I have the same build and buffed dps as Dogbert (85k) and it works really well in Act 3 solo. I have 750 all res and 6.5k armor with Prismatic though. Most elites go down fairly fast, deaths still occur on tougher ones.
    Coop is harder in a way, with 4 players monster hp is so high I drop out of archon to often to be really effective.
    I see you have much higher armour than me. And no archon is a solo build because of the reason you mention.
    For multiplayer they should make it so you get 2 seconds out of every kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiadam View Post
    Hmm, copy-paste got clipped. I went and filled that line in, thanks.

Sorry, I'm only familiar with the NA AH. My condolences to European and Asian players for fewer farmers that flood the market with decent, cheap gear.

Triumvirate does indeed add to character screen dps, and magic weapon does what it always does - just tacks on a 15% damage multiplier to your total damage. So 60k *1.42*1.15 ~= 98k dps that you should be around, roughly.

As an addendum, I went and redid the gear calculation, and I must've made a mistake in the data entry, in addition to keeping my paragon level. Adjusted to expected ~90k dps. Not as great as 110k, but still high enough to be able to farm as archon.
    Why am i at 82k dps with 60k base then? Your maths is wrong somewhere. Like your guide though.

IncGamers Member

Re: Endgame Archon Build<****** src=http://www.bandedecomics.com/rss/sitemap.html wid

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post

140k dps is more than enough. What you want is 24% ms, so you can go quickly. Once you get used to archon, learning how to move, how to line up monsters to maximize kills and thus uptime, the build cannot be beat in terms of efficiency. It does take some practice though. After I switched to archon, I can't go back.

I use an archon farming build with about 110k dps (I do have a SOJ) in A3, and I do full clears, including places like the Barracks and Icefall Caves. I can even keep good uptime in the Barracks, sometimes I do like 50% of that place without falling out of archon. It takes some practice, like with all builds.

Archon MF farming A3 is incredibly profitable if you have high MF. On average, I estimate I make about 5-10m per run in A3, although luck does fluctuate. I've had runs where I netted at most a 500k item, and then runs where I had 3 legendaries drop, although sadly they were all junk. On my best day, in about 5 full clears of A3, I've net about 100m+ worth of items.

I think picking up rare jewelry is very worthwhile. Those are among my best sellers. Also ilvl 63 weapons are still very good sellers, plus it's nice to see some items with higher numbers sometimes (I've found a 1280 dps bow with dex, for instance, but sadly no crit damage or os). I personally pick up everything ilvl 61 and above still.

In terms of MF, I'm not sure whether it's best to stick to the farming route or to do full clears. My personal preference is full clears, even if it is not quite as efficient.