Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Re: Endgame Archon Build

While I very much like the idea of weapon swapping to a cheap loh/APoC weapon, ANOTHER option (for those who have APoC on their source) is to use Diamond Skin- Prism in lieu of Crystal Shell. This won't give you life on hit obviously, but avoiding death is pretty easy with practice and the 7 AP reduction to Stormchaser plus a single source of AP on crit is sufficient to spam without swapping a weapon. 10k+ damage mitigation should be enough as well, though a gear check may be in order. I personally find the 20K+ from crystal shell overkill with this build anyways.

Just a thought.

Edit: I'd also like to add that a paradigm shift may be necessary post patch regarding Movement Speed. We very likely may value survivability over this come tuesday with 1.0.5 and its addition of "/players8" option for better loot/experience. It may be clever to sell off lacuni's and opt for the much more survivable Strongarm Bracers (for those not rich enough to afford lacuni's with crit+armor+vit). I may be totally wrong about this obviously, but personally I predict this to be the case and have already sold off my int/vit/ar Lacuni's this morning and purchased some higher int/higher vit/Life%/armor/crit chance Strongarms.

Losing the MS sucks of course, but I found with the added EHP from strongarms, I can make up the lacking MS by using Storm Armor-Scramble over Prismatic Armor and be fine. I also swap glass cannon for blur passive however.

Sidenote: I also predict amethysts to go up in value too come tuesday, so maybe buy one of those as well for your helm for Infernal Machine runs too :P

What helm is good for this archon build? 150+ int and crit chance 4%. Anything else?
    Seems like the author started writing something but didn't finish it.

Also a heads up for people attempting to get the 10 million budget gear on europe server. It's not possible.
    I spent a couple hours checking the ah. And most items are much more expensive here.
    Last edited by Dogbert; 17-09-2012 at 17:54.

ah, so +15% weapon damage and 8% crit and a good stack of int, so only a really good crit damage socketed high dps +300int two hander would beat this out, prob best to get a half way decent triumvirate and a high int socket lifesteal if possible crit damage main hand then, unless I want to drop 15 mill on an epic two hander (which I don't)

on that note I have a decent main hand on my barb http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Z...5/hero/1124364
    it's missing physical damage and life leech and prob wrong weapon type but would boost my current dps by a lot, think it's worth using this with blood magic rune on magic weapon buff? till I get better?

Zerker

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Blood magic is bugged and doesn't actually work. Might be good if they fix it in the patch.

IncGamers Member

This is very interesting, but I'm not sure if I could reach the 110k buffed DPS you stated with that list... I plugged the numbers into the spreadsheet, and even with a higher source (82-297), I was only getting 60k unbuffed damage, and with a 22% bonus damage (sparkflint and glass cannon), it was at 73k DPS.

Which brings me to the question, how does Magic Weapon interact with Archon? Does it apply to the Archon form, and if so, does it still have a 5 minute timer? If it does apply then the damage would be around 80k with the stats you mentioned.

EDIT: I guess I didn't think of the Triumvirate damage bonus, does that add to your on-screen DPS?
    Last edited by PhoeniX Skye; 18-09-2012 at 03:58.

I can confirm the items in the list will not let you reach 110k buffed dps. I went ahead and bought some archon gear mentioned in the 10 mil budget list but i'm only at 82 000 buffed dps and about 60 000 unbuffed dps like phoenix sky says.

If anyone knows what i should do i would appreciate the help. Here is my wizard i tried to outfit: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K.../hero/14925746

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
    I can confirm the items in the list will not let you reach 110k buffed dps. I went ahead and bought some archon gear mentioned in the 10 mil budget list but i'm only at 82 000 buffed dps and about 60 000 unbuffed dps like phoenix sky says.

If anyone knows what i should do i would appreciate the help. Here is my wizard i tried to outfit: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K.../hero/14925746
    Did you try a A3 run with that? If so, did it work well?
    Last edited by PhoeniX Skye; 18-09-2012 at 06:06.

IncGamers Member

I share it on an Asian forum and people are like omg it's impossible everything is way too expensive.

Dogbert did try to run act3? Base on your profile info I guess it would be pretty rough

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Blood magic is bugged and doesn't actually work. Might be good if they fix it in the patch.

Only with the laser, works fine with the melee ability afaik.

I have the same build and buffed dps as Dogbert (85k) and it works really well in Act 3 solo. I have 750 all res and 6.5k armor with Prismatic though. Most elites go down fairly fast, deaths still occur on tougher ones.
    Coop is harder in a way, with 4 players monster hp is so high I drop out of archon to often to be really effective.