Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    BattleTag unReality-1664

Re: Endgame Archon Build

Quote Originally Posted by magicrectangle View Post
    The runs were faster by about 2 minutes, but oddly the total XP per run dropped by almost 4 million. I'm not sure I understand why. Cain's set gives 30% XP, MP2 only gives 20% XP. Are there more monsters on MP2?
    There are certain RNG factors that affect the XP per run. Cain's set (vs. MP2) provides 10% more XP, so over many runs you should be getting more XP per run using Cain's Set.

147k DPS is overkill for MP0, so you can try stacking more defensive/exp items and see if that increases your Exp/Hour.

I'm not saying that everyone should be running MP0 using Exp Gear, merely highlighting that it's what I personally find to be most efficient in terms of paragon farming.

IncGamers Member

I'm not actually paragon farming, I'm item farming, it just happens to be pretty close to the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by unReaIity View Post
    There are certain RNG factors that affect the XP per run. Cain's set (vs. MP2) provides 10% more XP, so over many runs you should be getting more XP per run using Cain's Set.
    Yeah if I wanted a definitive answer I'd have to do a dozen or so runs with each setup, but two runs gave me enough information to know that I'm okay sticking with what I'm doing.
    Last edited by magicrectangle; 08-11-2012 at 22:47.

BattleTag unReality-1664

If item farming is #1 priority, then I think it's more of a toss-up, as MF/GF scales much more favorably than EXP for Monster Power. Plus, there is the bonus item drop chance.

With that said, I don't think the extra 50% MF/GF and 8% bonus item drop chance (on MP2) will make that significant of a difference if the clear times are similar to MP0.

Probably slightly more items per run, slightly less exp. Both equally viable depending on one's priority.

IncGamers Member

You'll want 24% runspeed. Runspeed is the single most important stat in increasing farm effectiveness. I suggest getting it from your bracers with Lacuni Prowlers, but you could also pick it up from Tyrael's Might instead.
    is this still what everyone uses ?

I only have 12% from my boots, and I'm thinking of browsing hte AH for the cheapest Compass Rose Ring I can find

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-compass-rose

The Compass Rose Ring
    Regenerates 161-234 Life per Second
    17-18% Better Chance of Finding Magical Items
    +12% Movement Speed
    Reduces duration of control impairing effects by 13-14%
    +2 Random Magic Properties

IncGamers Member

Compass rose doesn't have any damage stats, and lacunis are quite cheap if you don't go for really awesome ones. Skip the crit chance and you can get 100 int 9% ias lacunis for 1m.

Rings are a good damage slot, more so than bracers. By picking up a crap item on the ring slot you potentially lose a lot more damage. On the bracer slot the 9% ias already almost makes up for the 6% crit you lose (assuming you can't afford crit lacunis).

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamesL View Post
    is this still what everyone uses ?

I only have 12% from my boots, and I'm thinking of browsing hte AH for the cheapest Compass Rose Ring I can find

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-compass-rose

The Compass Rose Ring
    Regenerates 161-234 Life per Second
    17-18% Better Chance of Finding Magical Items
    +12% Movement Speed
    Reduces duration of control impairing effects by 13-14%
    +2 Random Magic Properties
    i use innas temperence (pants) to get ias and run speed. For 24% movebonus I suggest using innas pants or lacunis for the 12% outside your boots