Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Endgame Archon Build

When you say that you need life steal on the weapon, do you mean life on hit or actual life steal?
    And whichever one you mean, how much is a sufficient amount? Is 2.6% life steal enough?

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Actual life steal.

How much you need depends on your other gear, but many people still have issues with reflects damage even with 3% so I'd get as much as you can. You can always use the blood magic rune on magic weapon if you need to though to supplement a bit.

Banned

Another question regarding the weapon: What weapon speed should I go for? With my current equipment I have 1.89 APS, but it seems extremely difficult to find a weapon with the recommended stats that's faster than 1.3 APS and doesn't cost a lot of gold. Even the slower weapons are expensive... I'm worried that with a slower weapon I'll give up a lot of DPS.

Looking at the AH (Europe), a weapon with the recommended stats would cost me at least 1.5 million gold, and probably 10 times that for one with Int on it.

My Wizard: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/M...47/hero/161943 and more detailed: http://www.diablo3ladders.com/battletag/mengna-2647 (note that it hasn't been updated today, and I got about 80 more Int from a new pair of Fire Walkers I found)
    I currently have 33k life, 100k buffed DPS and when in Archon 5k armor and 850-950 all resists.

I would appreciate any advice on what other improvements I can make to my equipment and skills. I have about 60M gold right now, so I'm looking for some more upgrades.

IncGamers Member

Weapon speed isn't particularly important, you're correct that a faster weapon is slightly better due to the flat +damage mods on offhands, but the difference isn't all that big. I'm using a spear just because it came with good stats. I got one with a bunch of vit on it because that is much cheaper than one with a bunch of int, and then I was simply able to sacrifice vit for int on other pieces.

Banned

So I got this weapon http://imgur.com/mBAqw for 25M gold. It was the best weapon I could find with these stats at this price range. Was it a good deal?
    My damage went up a bit, probably due to the slightly higher weapon damage and the fact that it's a black weapon.
    I'll have to experiment with it some more, but I'm liking the higher base and max damage that comes with the slower weapon speed...
    The slower speed is annoying, but not as much with this build as my last one (piercing orb/hydra).
    Is it worth investing the 8M gold for a Radiant Star Emerald? I'm not really good at math, but how much more damage will that extra 30% CHD get me?
    I'm still looking for more upgrades, so any tips there would be great And thanks to everyone who replied to me so far!

IncGamers Member

On NA radiant stars are ~6m at the moment, and I don't see why you wouldn't, if you're going to spend 25m on the weapon. It will last you forever, you can move it to your next, better weapon, when that happens.

As to whether you got a good deal, not really, but you didn't get jacked either. You paid about the going rate. You probably could have bargain shopped something like that for more like 15m but not everybody has the patience for that.

My mainhand is almost identical to that except it has 144 vit and no int. I paid 5 million for it. There's a pretty hefty cost premium on primary stats on weapons.

Banned

Before I bought that weapon I tried following your advice and looked for one with enough Int to offset some other item. I don't know about NA AH prices but in the European AH there seems to be a premium on everything. Weapons like yours cost upwards of 50M gold. The only one I could find with a lot of vita under 50M cost 13M gold, but it wasn't a black weapon and had low LS...
    Looking at the AH right now for weapons with stats like mine (Socket, LS, Int, Vita, DPS), I can find only 4 upgrades costing 100M, 200M, 400M and 1500M gold respectively.
    I was hoping that the patch would drive prices down, but it doesn't seem to be working out that way.
    BTW, how did the gem prices drop so much? Even in the European AH they seem to be selling at 4-8M gold. From my calculations crafting a Radiant Star costs 15.4M gold just in upgrade costs, not including the material costs...

Edit: I must say that the LS is making a very noticeable impact. Frankly, it's surprising! From what I read I believed that LS is very gimped in Inferno... I had no idea it could be so effective.
    Also, is there anywhere I can read a detailed analysis of Archon? I want to know more about how it works, how it interacts with attack speed and various proc effects...
    Last edited by MengNa; 28-10-2012 at 13:59.

IncGamers Member Such Violent Storms's Avatar

LS only really shines when you can do a lot of damage simultaneously. Archon laser can hit for 300% weapon damage constantly to multiple enemies. The same applies for a monk's sweeping wind, etc.

BattleTag Sass-1761

Even swapping to the Blood Magic and upping Life / res, Reflects damage has been kicking my butt much more than usual than earlier. I think the news thing is right in that reflects has been broken since the "fixes". IDK though. It may have been that my damage has jumped too much for current armor / res (~4.5-5K ish and 600+).

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sass View Post
    Even swapping to the Blood Magic and upping Life / res, Reflects damage has been kicking my butt much more than usual than earlier. I think the news thing is right in that reflects has been broken since the "fixes". IDK though. It may have been that my damage has jumped too much for current armor / res (~4.5-5K ish and 600+).
    What MP level?

With 4.4% LL (blood weapon) and 191k damage, I can safely handle reflect packs up to MP4. Horde reflect is a little problematic, forcing me to dps a bit, then run for a health globe before dpsing some more.

Fully buffed (including archon) I have 6.2k armor and 772 arcane resist.

MP level doesn't increase the percent damage reflected, but the higher health pools make it a lot harder to kill before you run out of health yourself.