Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Venom and other poison attacks?

Hi.

I was wondering since fire skills like enchant and holy fire increases the fire dmg of other fire skills like exploding arrow, does this also extend to venom and other poison skills?
    I was thinking about using the Gargoyles Bite javelin which has level 11 plague javelin charges. So my question is does the poison dmg add on to the poison area dmg from plague javelin?

Thanks in advance!

IncGamers Member

Re: Venom and other poison attacks?

Even if it did work, unsynergized poison javelin lvl 11 is pretty terrible. Venom is pretty bad too. You'll struggle to kill monsters on hell. A good idea, but not worth more than novelty sake.

IncGamers Member

Thanks for the reply!
    Yeah lvl 11 plague javelin is pretty bad, but my question is: if the poison dmg from venom is confered to the big poison cloud area and the duration of the cloud?
    lvl 11 plague javelin lasts for 7 seconds, and (lets say lvl 30) venom does avg dmg of 735 for every 0.4 second.
    my question would then be, would the plague javelin cloud do 735 dmg pr. 0.4 second over 7 seconds. which would be quite alot of poison dmg over a big area.

IncGamers Site Pal crawlingdeadman's Avatar

Only the javelin carries venom, not the cloud.

What cdm said. I think Exploding and Freezing Arrow are unique in this way.

Quote Originally Posted by wacktapaz View Post
    lvl 11 plague javelin lasts for 7 seconds, and (lets say lvl 30) venom does avg dmg of 735 for every 0.4 second.
    my question would then be, would the plague javelin cloud do 735 dmg pr. 0.4 second over 7 seconds. which would be quite alot of poison dmg over a big area.
    For interest sake, Venom is different to other poison damage and skills in that it's got a fairly high rate of damage with a very short duration. Its rate and length is added to those of Plague/Poison Jav and Poison Dagger when you combine them, so you end with a big increase in poison rate which is then applied over a long duration. IIRC there's a thread somewhere in the SPF where someone did this with one of the jav skills and ended up doing enough damage to kill Baal in one throw :P. Or something like that*.

*Or it was Poison Dagger. Links here.
    Last edited by hubb; 13-09-2012 at 19:44. Reason: *

NO! Poison from items is useless with Venom.
    This is how it works: The posion duration is set to 0.4s. This mean that if your items do 500 poision over 10 sec. This is 50 damage/sec. The damage with Venom is 50x0.4=20.
    Venom in itself isn't a bad skill but poison from equipment is too low.

IncGamers Member

Mmm hmm. Posts in this thread have been contradictory. I would like to know the exact interaction between venom and plague javelins.

I observed that when my poison javazon leveled up, the poison facts proc a lvl 23 venom. However there is no noticeable difference. It kills at about the same speed, doesn't help nor hinder it.

The venom damage is multiplied by brambles and such so it gives something like 2k damage on the lcs. Over 0.4 sec the rate is 5000 damage per sec which would be very noticeable if it added to psn javelin cloud but it doesn't seem that way. On the other hand, the poison duration on plague javelin isn't reduced either.

BattleTag Sass-1761

Should be the same as Poison Dagger, which was linked above and even mentions Javelin. Onderduiker's posts on the poison is pretty much law.