Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Wizard Best-in-Slot Items

Quote Originally Posted by darkrealm View Post
    I do not believe that is true Stegs. Look at the AH, it should give you an idea on highest possible Int per slot item. Tasker and Theo can MOST definitely roll trifecta. I lost a bid on a pair last week to be exact.
    Rares can still roll trifecta with better other rolls (res all + int + int/vit), so rares are still BiS though.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

I do not believe that is true Stegs. Look at the AH, it should give you an idea on highest possible Int per slot item. Tasker and Theo can MOST definitely roll trifecta. I lost a bid on a pair last week to be exact.
    You are technically right on both parts.

Tasker and Theo: can indeed roll trifecta, but with a max of 108 (50+socket) int. That makes it impossible to beat a rare.

Depth Diggers: Yes, they can roll 100 more int than any other pants. They are pretty equal to rares though if you are looking for max stats (int+vit) on pants. So it depends on what BiS means to you. If you are going for full DPS BiS then I think Inna's with 100 int are BiS.

eidt: beaten by the MR!

BattleTag Dark-1181

Quote Originally Posted by magicrectangle View Post
    Rares can still roll trifecta with better other rolls (res all + int + int/vit), so rares are still BiS though.
    My list is a DPS list not an EHP list. Not trying to argue the AR point, just stating the obvious I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    You are technically right on both parts.

Tasker and Theo: can indeed roll trifecta, but with a max of 108 (50+socket) int. That makes it impossible to beat a rare.

Depth Diggers: Yes, they can roll 100 more int than any other pants. They are pretty equal to rares though if you are looking for max stats (int+vit) on pants. So it depends on what BiS means to you. If you are going for full DPS BiS then I think Inna's with 100 int are BiS.

eidt: beaten by the MR!
    So yes the rare gloves are true indeed. The more I thought about it it is possible for rare gloves to get slightly higher Int value. T&T can only get to 108 Int with gem I believe as you stated.

The problem with a BiS list is that it could apply to someone differently. Even though I could buy Innas pants, I would not want to give up the EHP I have for the slight DPS gain. Then again, are we killing stuff at MP5 or at MP0? At MP0, I need neither. lol

One other point, the T&T armor boost is pretty fargin nice. Since the price of AR on trifectas is through the roof, I thought that this might be a decent alternative to not losing the EHP and still gaining some DPS.
    HC/SC Diablo Junkie

Tasker and theo's can be pretty sweet.

No, I firmly disagree with depth diggers being mentioned for BiS. Won't budge on that.

BattleTag Dark-1181

Quote Originally Posted by DickScotchfist View Post
    Tasker and theo's can be pretty sweet.

No, I firmly disagree with depth diggers being mentioned for BiS. Won't budge on that.
    You sure about that? They could roll 300 Int with 2 sockets = 416 Int on the pants with AR?

ACtually using D3up #'s it could have 200 more int than the innas = 12,130DPS and the Innas 9ias is 12,180K with the 1% crit. Now granted that is for me.

This coming from you, a person that would wear a bra if it were an upgrade. LOL
    Last edited by darkrealm; 16-11-2012 at 16:05.
    HC/SC Diablo Junkie

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by DickScotchfist View Post
    For pure damage of course Inna's win, but depth diggers provide a ton of EHP and MF/GF. Neither choice is wrong. It also depends somewhat on the build we're talking about - for critical mass obviously the attack speed and crit from Innas is highly desirable. I use depth diggers as an MF archon, but if CM were my main spec I'd go Inna.

You sure about that? They could roll 300 Int with 2 sockets = 416 Int on the pants with AR?

ACtually using D3up #'s it could have 200 more int than the innas = 12,130DPS and the Innas 9ias is 12,180K with the 1% crit. Now granted that is for me.

This coming from you, a person that would wear a bra if it were an upgrade. LOL

Wow, lol in capitals, must've laughed out loud pretty loudly. yes I'm sure. The int is great, and maybe I should edit my statement to:

Depth diggers are retarded*

*for BiS consideration

They're DECENT pants. But citing adventuring bonuses as support of BiS just makes no sense to me. BiS, to me, means "that's it, this is the best item for my build, forever." At plvl 100, mf and gf (really? did some of you really cite gf bonus for why I'm incorrect?) these are simply a a depressing waste of stats.

If the mf/gf, the equivalent of thorns at paragon 85-100, were str or armor or phys res or virtually ANYTHING else, I'd be more inclined to agree.

Edit: in the end you have pants with ~100 more possible intelligence, which in post 1.04 world is just not that big a deal. And this bonus isn't really a bonus because it isn't free, you can't have armor, vit, and AR simultaneoulsy (like rares) because of the precious, frustrating gold find bonus (oh and 20% mf, whoopdee-f***ing-doo). You don't have 9%ias as magicrectangle pointed out. You don't have LoH like on blackthornes (which also has awesome, "bis" mf, but mp10 gf builds will need to look elsewhere unfortunately). You don't have any of this. Overrated, decent, early to mid-game pants at best. BiS? Please.
    Last edited by DickScotchfist; 17-11-2012 at 01:54.

IncGamers Member

That's a fair point, at plvl 100 I'm sure I'll switch to Inna's. Actually I started considering doing so recently because I capped out on MF. Currently getting 28% MF from templar, 33% from Tal's ammy, 20% from my hellfire ring, and 20% from depth diggers, which combined with plvl 68 = 305 MF. A few more levels (well, 5) and I'll be able to drop depth diggers and stay capped on MF.

BattleTag Dark-1181

Yeah at PL100/MF Cap it is true the adventuring stats do not mean anything at all. Really it is not a big deal for me because I like to stick with the rare pants I have anyhow. I like the EHP and just cannot get into Innas for some reason. Although if I found the right pair of Innas I could forgo the Lacunis...nah prolly not. Better for me to derive the EHP from the pants than from the bracers. But that is just me.
    HC/SC Diablo Junkie

I've got some contenders for the wind-up build, which I'm assuming is better for crazy MP10 types. These are definitely not BiS for Archon, and dubious for any other build.
    • Skull Grasp with Energy Twister/Explosive Blast bonus might be BiS, despite its inability to get both crit chance and crit damage. The assumption here would be that 7% attack speed, 12% crit > 9% attack speed, 6% crit, 50% crit damage. The armor and LOH are also nice for windup.
    • Mara's Kaleidoscope with Energy Twister/Explosive Blast bonus might be BiS for the same reason. With 3 random mods, it's even possible, although extremely unlikely, for this to score a perfect trifecta; DPS-wise, that would give us skill crit and an extra 35% crit damage vs more Intelligence and 6% elemental damage. Plus, Mara's has some nice all-res, which more than cancels out its lower Vitality potential.