Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BattleTag Flexy-2748

Re: Wizard Best-in-Slot Items

Hey guys, nice suggestions here. I'm going to update the list today when I get the time.
    Altough I have to say this: Personally I am using the CM/Archon build. That means I'm biased against too much all res gear because 500ish all res seems to be enough once you have enough dps. I'm currently sitting at only 70k dps buffed and it's fine to solo act 3 in an acceptable time.

Quote Originally Posted by deducter View Post
    I picked up the weapon (note the high minimum damage) and source for a total of 15m, taking advantage of how the bonus to elemental damage works (based off minimum physical damage). I agree that life steal is mandatory for archon. I actually heal fighting reflect damage groups.
    The ten lowest prices right now for Chantodos Force is just below 30M, and the dmg on those are a joke. You got lucky I suppose.

BattleTag Dark-1181

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Cool thread, and good info.

I can confirm the elemental problem, I tested it myself and have screen shots of the DPS difference if anyone wants to see them.

Is 400k dps reasonable? Even the top wizards only barely break 300k right now.
    I think it is very possible with all top end/perfect stat rolls to hit 400K. Given the drop rate of those amazing pieces of gear I am thinking it should only take several years to reach that without busting out my credit card.

I'm currently running this spec:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/d...7/hero/1003912

My dps appears rather low, a measly 92k despite force weapon/sparkflint. However, I have a SOJ (self-found) equipped, and that makes a very noticeable difference. I can burn down most elite packs in about 5s, although it takes longer if the pack separates out and I have to kill them one at a time. The best part is that I do a surprisingly amount of damage just using disintegrate, I can probably kill a pack in about 10s if I can dps full time.

I can full clear A3 (I only skip the Barracks) in about 70m or so. I still do die 3-4 times a run, although often that is because of stupidity, like standing next to a molten explosion. Only certain phase beast groups give me some trouble. I just need to stack a bit more damage and defenses and I'll be set. No need to go to 200k dps unless you want to run a full group of leechers through A3.

I picked up the weapon (note the high minimum damage) and source for a total of 15m, taking advantage of how the bonus to elemental damage works (based off minimum physical damage). I agree that life steal is mandatory for archon. I actually heal fighting reflect damage groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNajsman View Post
    The ten lowest prices right now for Chantodos Force is just below 30M, and the dmg on those are a joke. You got lucky I suppose.
    Lucky, is an understatement. Somehow, he has gotten a few set items + legendary items and has not completed act 3? Perhaps he could give us some of that "luck".

On topic, Triumvirate is without a doubt right up there with Tals. Especially with a good roll and a "black" wand/weapon.
    HC/SC Diablo Junkie

IncGamers Member

The source I picked up for 4m was a 6/6/6 83-206 triumvirate with nothing special. The Chantodo's I found myself.

I always run with nearly max MF, and the improvement to drops is noticeable. So if you run with lots of MF and farm quickly, eventually your luck will work out. I've only found 3 good legendaries, the Chantodo's, the SOJ, and a Sunkeeper with a socket. I've also found many, many junk legendaries.

My only point is that while 200-300k dps is very impressive, I'm not so sure it's worth the hundreds of millions to get to that point. You can farm quite comfortably at around 100k, which is not too hard to do.

On topic, BIS Tal Rasha's Allegiance should be cold damage, if it works with Cold Blooded.

IncGamers Member

The source I picked up for 4m was a 6/6/6 83-206 triumvirate with nothing special. The Chantodo's I found myself.

I always run with nearly max MF, and the improvement to drops is noticeable. So if you run with lots of MF and farm quickly, eventually your luck will work out. I've only found 3 good legendaries, the Chantodo's, the SOJ, and a Sunkeeper with a socket. I've also found many, many junk legendaries.

My only point is that while 200-300k dps is very impressive, I'm not so sure it's worth the hundreds of millions to get to that point. You can farm quite comfortably at around 100k, which is not too hard to do.

On topic, BIS Tal Rasha's Allegiance should be cold damage, if it works with Cold Blooded.
    /shrug, it's a treadmill/skinner box. I kill stuff, get loot, sell it, buy better stuff so I can kill faster. Addicting behavior at its finest

I prefer faster kills than better loot - ultimately we're working to the same goal in the end (unless you just want to profit off of RMAH indefinitely), just different paths to get there.

And finally, alas, cold damage on tal rasha's allegiance only works if you use spectral blades - I believe that is our only ability besides autoattack that actually applies the chill from the cold damage (you can test this out with a +cold damage weapon). +Fire damage, on the other hand, triggers conflagration no matter what spell you use.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

I've got from 70k dps to 100k over the last week and Archon is getting more fun with every upgrade!
    Also updated the first post.

When it comes to dps, I seriously consider Inna's Temperance to be BiS for pants. What do you guys think?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by RazeBarb View Post
    When it comes to dps, I seriously consider Inna's Temperance to be BiS for pants. What do you guys think?
    For pure damage, int inna pants are quite good, no doubt. Depth diggers can get a lot more int, but if you have a lot of int from other gear the attack speed and crit are simply more valuable. Still, I'm not sure I'd put inna's in place of depth diggers for my ideal gear set, you do want some resists, and that's a pretty decent place to get them. With the extra 170-200 int as compared to innas the damage difference isn't that big.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Quote Originally Posted by magicrectangle View Post
    For pure damage, int inna pants are quite good, no doubt. Depth diggers can get a lot more int, but if you have a lot of int from other gear the attack speed and crit are simply more valuable. Still, I'm not sure I'd put inna's in place of depth diggers for my ideal gear set, you do want some resists, and that's a pretty decent place to get them. With the extra 170-200 int as compared to innas the damage difference isn't that big.
    Yep, you listed exactly the trade-offs between the two. Looking at the EU AH, Inna's are actually cheaper than Depth Diggers with 2 sockets. I don't know about you guys, but the only thing I accept without socket would be a source (since good sources are already the hardest wizard items to find IMO, don't need to get picky about the socket). Everything else has to have max possible sockets for me.

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    I never look for sockets on rings or amulets either. Once you start looking for top end amulets and rings you just can't be that picky. But I refuse to buy pants or armor without max.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    I never look for sockets on rings or amulets either. Once you start looking for top end amulets and rings you just can't be that picky. But I refuse to buy pants or armor without max.
    Sockets on jewelry isn't advantageous anyway, in terms of stat reward for affix cost. Armor can get 3 sockets for the cost of 1 affix, so of course you want that. Pants get 2 sockets for the cost of 1 affix so that's good too. Jewelry only gets 1 socket for the cost of 1 affix, so not really worth it. Helms and weapons of course are a different story because the sockets give special (awesome) effects.