Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Wizard Best-in-Slot Items

CHEST: I use and love Tyrael's Might with the Int, Vit, ResAll, 12% dmg to Demons, 3% to Elites and 12% movement; works very well combined with 12% in boots for 24% movement - can get away from most anything without having to keep teleport loaded.

IncGamers Member

(About Triumvirate)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazeBarb View Post
    Don't think it would make that big of a difference for most builds, but Archons will definitely like that source.
    Not sure what you mean by "most builds", but for pure damage, Triumvirate + a high damage physical weapon like a 1300+ Echoing Fury will eclipse Chantodo's set. You'd be giving up crit there, but for a non CM build it is the best combination.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by marcusone View Post
    CHEST: I use and love Tyrael's Might with the Int, Vit, ResAll, 12% dmg to Demons, 3% to Elites and 12% movement; works very well combined with 12% in boots for 24% movement - can get away from most anything without having to keep teleport loaded.
    For a BiS set lacunis are simply a better place to pick up the extra movement speed, as you also get attack speed from them, not normally available on that slot - and then you can pick up attack speed from tal's chest, again not normally available on that slot.

Tyreal's isn't a bad chest, but it isn't a part of any BiS gearset.

Quote Originally Posted by magicrectangle View Post
    Yeah for PvM Oculus doesn't need to be on the list.

Triumvirate does though. The better your other gear gets, the better triumvirate is, but even with pretty modest gear, if you have a physical damage weapon, triumvirate is going to win.
    I very much predict oculus making a comeback even before pvp. But yes, as of now, not BiS.

IncGamers Member

"[COLOR=#e99c01]Vile Ward[/COLOR]Aside from high INT and ALL RES, not so special but at least they look cool."

IMO vile ward looks like s***. Not just bad but really really bad, like something from a silly cartoon...
    Im desperatly lookking for an alternative since they cant be dyed (invisible)
    Unfortuneatly there seems to be no sensible alternative, except perhaps staying in archon form forever and ever....

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhao View Post
    "[COLOR=#e99c01]Vile Ward[/COLOR]Aside from high INT and ALL RES, not so special but at least they look cool."

IMO vile ward looks like s***. Not just bad but really really bad, like something from a silly cartoon...
    Im desperatly lookking for an alternative since they cant be dyed (invisible)
    Unfortuneatly there seems to be no sensible alternative, except perhaps staying in archon form forever and ever....
    That bothersome? I mean, I agree and all, but... I'd wear a bras on my shoulders if they were an upgrade.

Whatever blackthorne's pants/ammy are called now ought to be mentioned too. And I still think oculus deserves mention (cough cough, slorak's madness + oculus combo eventually beats chant's once fully geared, staying quiet now until time to say I told you so.. cough)

edit: depth diggers are retarded.

edit: Good God, how is Nat's set NOT on this list O.O
    Last edited by DickScotchfist; 16-11-2012 at 10:30.

BattleTag Dark-1181

Here is my BiS -DPS perspective
    Head - Perfectly rolled Mempo: Alt - Perfectly rolled Andy's
    Ammy - Trifecta Tal's: Alt - Trifecta (insert random ammy)
    Shoulder - Vile ward, simply can roll the highest int in the game for this slot
    Chest - Tal's chest Alt: Tyreals Might/Zun's Chest
    Boots - Nats boots with Int: Alt - Zun's boots
    Ring 1 - Trifecta Nats Alt Trifecta Zun
    Ring 2 Trifecta Hellfire
    Legs - Innas with Int: Alt Depth Diggers w/ high Int and Sockets
    Bracer - Lacuni's Perfect crit/high int roll: Alt Strongarm's High Int will be about equal to 6 Crit Rares with Int Roll
    Belt -Witching Hour: no alt for this
    Gloves - Trifecta Tasker & Theo or high Int Roll Trifectas
    Offhand - Triumvirate(black damage) Alt Chantodo(elemental damage)

These are the highest DPS values you can get on items. The alt items are not that close to the BiS items, but worth a mention. Strangely the only set bonus that really matter is the nats. 7% crit is just way better than 130 Int but the one thing to consider is the damage added by Zuns boots.

Slorak's perfect roll 1K DPS with perfect CHD and a socket is pretty good, but not everyone needs to worry about breakpoints in IAS. A rare wand can roll 1450+ DPS, IAS, Socket, CHD, Int, AND APOC or LL. So yeah, rare wands can still be much better.

Here are my personal break points in adding DPS. d3up.com is the site you can check for yourself to see where yours are.
    +1 Primary Stat 60.65
    +1% Crit Hit 2,294.45
    +1% Crit Hit Dmg 265.05
    +1 Minimum Dmg 78.22
    +1 Maximum Dmg 78.22
    +1% Attack Speed 1,098.47
    +1% Elemental Damage 1,155.43
    Last edited by darkrealm; 16-11-2012 at 12:52.
    HC/SC Diablo Junkie

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    I think depth diggers and rares can roll just as good as each other, depth dodgers will have more gf/mf.

Tasker and Theo cannot roll trifecta, rares are bis, with sage gloves a close second (can't max out on crit chance/damage since only 62)

BattleTag Dark-1181

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    I think depth diggers and rares can roll just as good as each other, depth dodgers will have more gf/mf.

Tasker and Theo cannot roll trifecta, rares are bis, with sage gloves a close second (can't max out on crit chance/damage since only 62)
    I do not believe that is true Stegs. Look at the AH, it should give you an idea on highest possible Int per slot item. Tasker and Theo can MOST definitely roll trifecta. I lost a bid on a pair last week to be exact.
    HC/SC Diablo Junkie