Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 350 of 379 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 3784

Re: Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Quote Originally Posted by nulio View Post
    Maybe try Delirium (beta even better) and CoH. Iirc it's what allows fastest runs on SC Baal. But having an extra HC Ber around is harder-ish. Same for beta hat.

Also, a table and mouse helps the merc!
    ew, I was just discussing whether or not coh sucks with the other guys yesterday. I don't have one, so delirium is sort of out of the question.

I guess I could try going defiance and stone though. That just leaves res too low (70).

I'd try a Gaze + eth upped Viper; Holy Freeze. The MDR and Resist on Viper help a ton against hydras, and HF should slow down Lister's pack enough I guess. Until you make CoH that is :P

This guy has a CoH...

Quote Originally Posted by srrw View Post
    I'd try a Gaze + eth upped Viper; Holy Freeze. The MDR and Resist on Viper help a ton against hydras, and HF should slow down Lister's pack enough I guess. Until you make CoH that is :P
    That actually did work marginally better against wave 3 - Lister is still a bit of a problem though.

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    This guy has a CoH...
    You're not even trying to hide your bragging anymore.

@ FoE
    Do you have 75 fire resist on merc? If not, hydras will eat him alive no matter what you use. If you have Fortitude, that is my personal best armor for Baal merc (unless Delirium route). Viper sounds good too. You can try Duriel's Shell, Shaftstop...

As for merc, since you have problems with last wave, Holy Freeze for the president. However, I use might merc on my last sorc to help me kill faster and to lifeleech more, but I'm not sure is that better than Holy Freeze. I have similar running times anyway.

Just in case, I wrote everything here about strategy of killing. If you do exactly things like that, then I guess you need some leveling (or fire resist if you don't have 75).

Talking about this post? Yeah, I try my best to do it like that and already use HF, so I do suppose the only way is leveling. Also just checked my merc lvl and he is apparently only lvl 87 which makes even more sense.

I believe the last wave has auto-hit attacks, at least I can't remember them ever missing. Hydra problem is easily solved with Guardian Angel + Tal mask (UM or res jewel), which leaves Lister and his gang. Probably want to have Holy Freeze for them, as %DR will be useless due to decrep.

After getting 4 lovely caster circlets on my untwinked, single pass hardcore full clear zealot, I was pretty chuffed to get both bloodrise and bloodfist within 30 minutes of each other

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by helvete View Post
    I believe the last wave has auto-hit attacks, at least I can't remember them ever missing. Hydra problem is easily solved with Guardian Angel + Tal mask (UM or res jewel), which leaves Lister and his gang. Probably want to have Holy Freeze for them, as %DR will be useless due to decrep.
    Don't quote me on this but I believe they have 2 attacks; a smite, and a separate physical attack that can be avoided with defense rating. This would explain why a Defiance Merc with a high def armor has greatly increased survivability against that pack. For overall survivability then, defiance merc with eth upped guardian angel will probably be the best since it attacks both problems; the hydras and wave 5.

IncGamers Member

You're right, they have two attacks.
    I don't have any problem with fortitude on mercs, they do very well in Baal run. Might or holy freeze.