Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 260 of 379 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310360 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 3784
    IncGamers Member

Re: Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

I had a fatal error occur today, which means I need to reinstall. I've never not done a full clean reinstall, so I'm wondering; is there anything I need to know if I want to save all of my characters/gear? My plan is to copy my save folder, delete the diablo 2 folder, install the new one, then overwrite the new save the installs from blizzard. Is that about right?

IncGamers Member

You want to save any .d2s files (characters), and any .d2x files (stashes). Pretty much.

I'm sick of rerolling Pit maps. It took me from level 85 to 92 with necro to finally find solid map. Today I started to run with trapper from level 76, currently level 88 and still didn't find anything that looks good. Silly maps, they are either too big, or too small (low number of bosses), or are split in half with Pit 2 on one side and majority of map on the other.

Anyway, running with trapper is definitely fun. I find it challenging. It took me some time to get used to her without Insight for change etc. At start I was like "wtf I'm doing", now things are getting much better, found technique for different situations and such.

IncGamers Member NagisaFurukawa's Avatar
    BattleTag mizu-1544

93 and still no really nice map here. <_< As long as boss # per second is good, even those split maps could be fair enough.

With large mana pool, I think it's fine without Insight. There's some times you can do nothing but wait for trap to finish killing, so drinking a purple and/or picking potion isn't really wasting time then.

I have huge mana, 1100. Wizardspike + amulet with nice mana and MF + spirit + 1.13 shako + ravenfrost.
    My playing style is very similar to yours (after all I've been watching video and it inspired me to try trapper), but is different is some details. Majority of time I use Lightning sentry as my killing tool, 2/3 of them + Fire blast as fast killer. That way I dispose of bosses very fast. Only against lonely minions, however. Against large number of mobs, I use 2 lightning sentry + at leat one or more death sentry + fire blast. Also I find mindblast very useful in tough spots to stun and convert some of mobs to keep my merc alive. Who cares anyway, boss is still there to kill and this makes me safer from time to time, so very useful skill imo. Against archers cloak of shadows is sexy, and then fire blast the boss and keep moving. Ah yes, I use only rejuv potions, rarely I pick mana potion if I got nothing else to do (read: traps are killing tons of fire immunities).

Conclusion is, fire blast is number one boss killer cause I can focus fire + fast throwing. Traps are here to deal with large amounts of mobs and fire immune ones. cca 430 MF and reasonably fast runs makes this character solid Pit runner.

IncGamers Member

I'm soon gonna start a co-op untwinked lan run with one of my friends with me using a fishymancer and him using a blizzard sorc!
    Last edited by Psymayn; 26-05-2013 at 16:17.

I don't think I've ever mentioned it.. but I hate.. ABSOLUTELY HATE Act 3. I'd run Act 2 any day over Act 3.. just thinking about having to go through Act 3 when I get home makes me not want to touch the game.

Someone remind me when the summer MFO normally takes place? mid august? I need a reason to go looking for Tyrael's

IncGamers Member

The Winter MFO was early January, so more likely early July. Last year was like mid August but a lot of that had to do with that extra MFO in May or whenever it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
    The Winter MFO was early January, so more likely early July. Last year was like mid August but a lot of that had to do with that extra MFO in May or whenever it was.
    woohoo! Sounds good to me.
    Yeah, that pre-D3 MFO was end of april.