Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 247 of 379 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 3784
    IncGamers Member

Re: Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Ouch.. that sucks.
    Maybe should have used wizardspike/visceretaunt max block fcr instead of demon machine..

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodbrx View Post
    Ouch.. that sucks.
    Maybe should have used wizardspike/visceretaunt max block fcr instead of demon machine..
    Didn't use demon machine She was a very casual LK-runner as her main purpose was MPing (i.e. finding a great map was pointless). When she LK'd she just switched out her DM with a Harmony bow and was good to go.

I find Travincal far safer (with mediocre gear) than LK. LK, you can teleport into a pack such as yours and you're dead. Travincal, it is difficult to die unless you're high on something.

Quote Originally Posted by FredOfErik View Post
    First experience with LK sorc, as I've avoided it up until now.
    And no, actually ~1200 life iirc (when you deed, life from gear/charms isn't shown anymore). Varied a bit depending on my setup. Felt like enough up until it suddenly wasn't.. Now I know that
    That is good amount of life for LK, very safe indeed. That pack looks dangerous, maybe 1200 life is almost perfectly safe - until you teleport in pack like that, which is very very rare. Also having at least some DR means much, don't know your exact gear you died with. With gear like this:

Shako
    Shaftstop
    Spirit
    Hoto
    Bloodfists
    Verdungo
    10 fcr Amulets and rings with as much life as possible
    Sandstorm Trek or boots with life

With this you have: 105 fcr, 95+ fhr (86 needed), 50-55 DR
    Better choice is 1.07 Shako if you have one to end up with much more life and 40-45 DR.

With that gear I wonder can you ever die in LK, even with most brutal packs around. All of those things are very easy to get, except 1.07 Shako and maybe rings, but "normal" Shako will do perfectly fine.

Also, you can mix here and there, find another hat, put another gloves etc., there is much flexibility here anyway.

Travincal... It depends on what character are we talking about around here, what playstyle, player settings and such. I never used paladin, however with barb... it's very possible to die, unless you go on 2.5k+ HP build on p3, then you will hardly ever die for sure. I used 1800 HP speed setup, my runs were fast, but... after 300+ runs I died, yes. Double cold explosion can be very lethal indeed. However with 2.15k HP setup I didn't die for several thousand runs. But my gear is very high-end with amazing charms, fantastic jewel in hat, dual eth Griefs... unless I play with more HP setup, there is still chance I die, I surely was close to it few times.

Things are like this: If you care much about speed and, with one word, efficiency, it's not that impossible to die in Travincal. If you play it safe with huge life, it's almost impossible to die unless you don't know what you're doing.

But i'll tell you this as player with much experience in both Travincal and LK: It's much easier to build safe and efficient LK runner than Travincal runner. Gear I listed for LK is really easy to get and will get you very safe (with assumption your reflexes are not like in dead chicken and you can hit esc fast if needed), while gear I use in Travincal is not that easy to get. Saving fact is that anyone can build up tons of life for Travincal and be like a mountain to kill, but nowhere as efficient as someone who can actually die. Special note is I don't tell anything for any other class than barb for Travincal. Perhaps it's possible that paladin is safer than barb, but he can never be as efficient as barb is anyway.

Nope, no DR - as said, she was just using her regular MP/rush gear as I was to lazy to mule everytime I decided to do 50 LK runs. In hindsight it was stupid of me to not just build a dedicated LKer instead.

As for trav, my runs are very safe. My trav running is, however, just as casual and very inefficient, as I do not have a dedicated trav runner but just throw some LoHs on my tanky 7,5k hp wulf.

IncGamers Member

I would suggest maxing block as well as pdr. Using whitstan's guard.
    Fcr can be gotten by other means, such as arachs, magefist, 10 fcr rings ammies, 105 fcr reached using perfect spirit crystal sword. Spirit used over anything else for 55% fhr, else wizspike is also fine. This leaves armor and head slot for shako/shaftstop.

Let's say maybe i'm sorta considering a leap barb using grief. PB or zerker axe?

IncGamers Member

Just got back into travincal running after a really long time, leveling a new paladin. Whoa, those mercs are so freaking bad at low levels, they die so much. Started at p3, then raised to p5 and then p7 as I reached lvl 89 and he's somewhat decent. No rune luck yet, but I did find a couple nice charms.

Pharphis- I think a leap barb would be difficult to play no matter what.
    Anyway I don't think grief BA is a good idea. It breaks too much.

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    Let's say maybe i'm sorta considering a leap barb using grief. PB or zerker axe?
    Read this, it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by FredOfErik View Post
    I've already read that a few times! You weren't helpful at all!

Also, that's what I was thinking, zaph. I looked at the numbers for zerk and leap attack and realized zerk has essentially the same ED%, but it's magic dmg so it's way better. :/ Oh well