Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Tournament Idea - The Most Useless

Well, I'm in three tournaments already, but no reason not to join another, and this one sounds like fun!

I'll have to take a closer look at te useless skills, but a fully synergized IA zon with magic arrow sounds like fun, as does a c/c fof boi sin with dc release is also quite intriguing...

I'm in, and I'll add myself to the table when I decide.

Running D2 on a Mac? This guide answers many questions. If it's tl;dr pm me: I'll help.

Re: Tournament Idea - The Most Useless

Those are both good ideas!

Code:
    Forum Name:     Char Name:     Class:    Useless Skill:      Level:     Location:           Score:
    SunsetVista     Chiiko         Amazon    Exploding Arrow     1          Rogue Camp (N)      0
    pharphis        CookieCutter   Barb      Incr. Stamina       1         Rogue Camp (N)       0
    I'm going for maximum style points, here, with a throw barb named cookie cutter with increased stamina and I will try to use throwing potions as much as I can.

When i see the necro's useless skill - skeleton mage, i think my max mage necro in three life tournament

IncGamers Member

Hmmm...what if you mostly punched, but kept a throw pot on switch for softening up groups, etc...would you be able to get both bonuses?
    What about a broken low quality/ethereal item?

A small quibble...indestructible is a blue only suffix, self-repair is suffix...only phaseblade can get both? (unless you socket Zod )

All right!! No BotD was a non-starter, but then I noticed that Last Wish is allowed!!

WoRG

LAST WISH LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Obvi going to hack it into the game for this tournament.

i'm already having regrets with my decision.

Okay, I'm considering changing my char, and I have some questions.

Do the useless mods on Isenhart's Armory count for points?
    What about the set bonuses?
    The armor gives +def, but the set bonus specific to the shield gives another +def bonus. Would this count as +1 for each of those, and 5 for the item, making 7 total for this piece?

Is there a score bonus for reaching the end of the game at a lower level?

@pharphis - Nice choice.

@KoalaBear - I hope the max mage necro works out over there, but if it doesn't, you could certainly try him again here. =P

@WoRG - to get the punching bonus, both weapon switches have to be empty. If one of your weapons is a throwing pot, you'd only get the bonus for the throwing pot.

A broken low quality item is worth 6 points, as is a broken ethereal item. All the bonuses stack with eachother.

You are right about the phaseblade being the only indestructible/self-repairing combo without Zod. And phaseblades are banned, so even if you socketed it, it wouldn't be worth any points. Oops. Thanks for catching that mistake. Now, should I change it in the rules, or let people use their Zods this way? 5 points is a lot... /sarcasm. Edit: Decided to add this question to the FAQ. Good catch.

Best of luck with that Last Wish. It's even worth 4 points on a merc. =P

Last edited by SunsetVista; 06-09-2012 at 04:08.

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    Okay, I'm considering changing my char, and I have some questions.

Do the useless mods on Isenhart's Armory count for points?
    What about the set bonuses?
    The armor gives +def, but the set bonus specific to the shield gives another +def bonus. Would this count as +1 for each of those, and 5 for the item, making 7 total for this piece?

Is there a score bonus for reaching the end of the game at a lower level?
    The mods on any set or unique item do not count for points. That includes the Isenhart pieces. So each piece of Isenhart's is only worth 5 points. The full set bonus doesn't give extra points beyond that.

There is no score bonus based on level for this one. It's single pass though. If you can somehow manage to get a higher level with the gear and skill restrictions the way they are by playing through Hell on higher player settings, good for you.

Hmm, Isenhart's still sounds like my best bet for some slots, given they're each 5 points. I'm bound to run into ALL of them, after all :P