Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Re: Tournament Idea - The Most Useless

*cough* Normally I would, but I did do some gambling, and didn't actually come up with anything worth keeping. After that, gold dried up, and I haven't gotten around to gambling much more. I've had a couple of goes with no success though, but much less than I normally would have by this point. They always rolled with useless properties, so I just sold them, instead of getting a bonus that does basically nothing. I've been expecting something to come up soon, but it still hasn't yet.
    *soon*

Unfortunately, Stella was mobbed by a Frenzytaur champion pack at the entrance of the Frozen River. It didn't help that the rest of the map was full with high HP yetis.

Level 40, RIP

Noo! :(

You going to make another char?

I guess I'll kill my zombie tourney char first

Nice mob eh?

*bump*

Well, Ditzy_Doo progressed a little bit, but with bad luck in gambling and items (and a horrible main skill,) she succumbed to raiding stashes for items accumulated over several years. She became twinked.
    And with that, she progressed fairly easily, using a Level 1 Jab, instead of her main skill, a Level 20 Impale. Yes, Impale is just that useless, that I would prefer to use a Level 1 Jab over it...

During her fights, she uhh. Lost this little beast of a weapon:

Hone Sundan
    Yari
    Two Hand Damage: 142 - 291
    Durability: 0 of 15
    Required Level: 37
    Required Strength: 91
    Fingerprint: 0x536ac717
    Item Level: 86
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    +40% Increased Attack Speed
    186% Enhanced Damage
    Adds 20 - 40 Damage
    7% Life stolen per hit
    45% Chance of Crushing Blow
    Repairs 1 Durability in 10 Seconds
    Ethereal
    3 Sockets (3 used)
    Socketed: Shael Rune
    Socketed: Shael Rune
    Socketed: Amn Rune

Oops. She picked up a lesser quality Hone Sundan, and continued, reaching Hell, and then level 74 through a couple NM Baal runs. During these runs, she decided to try new weapons before entering Hell. Try get a bit more power, even though she was safe and strong with the second Hone Sundan.

Unfortunately, due to resetting skill/stats, and investing more into Strength and Dexterity for the new weapons testing, she lost too much life. She tried a Steel Pillar War Pike, which gave her a very strong attack, but the slightly slower speed allowed her hitpoints to jump up and down so quickly. It felt less safe, but it really packed a punch.
    Unfortunately, she didn't clear out the surrounding areas in the Throne Room, and found a very strong Lister pack. Due to the decreased life, her Decoy was also much less durable, and popped quickly (no Valkyrie allowed.)

She used hit and run tactics, which were fine, until a Succubi appeared from around a corner, casting Amplify Damage on Ditzy. Still, she could leach back life, but needed to escape, as the Decoy would soon pop, and she'd become trapped. As she was trying to escape, she got hit a few times, wasn't leaching any life back, and got deeded.

RIP Ditzy_Doo, level 74 Impalazon (who preferred her Level 1 Jab)

Being twinked, she lost quite a few nice items. Some Unique Spears, various quality, but not rare, sets/uniques.

And this list of charms and rares

Spoiler

Thanks for creating and hosting this Sunset! A definite challenge.

IncGamers Member

Won't eth hone just repair itself to full after a while?

Once an Ethereal item reaches 0, regardless of self-repair, it is gone. It's broken, and thus none of the properties (inc. self-repair,) work. I don't know about Zodding it, as I can't recall anyone trying that. Or having a Zod to burn like that.