Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Bow ama is terrible..

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    :/ Our advise was that bad, eh?
    Fishy and strafer aren't working for you with top notch gear?
    I'm sorry. The advises in the other threads were even worse. One guy suggested an Obedience RW against Diablo's Firestorm. I'm not saying that the guy who suggested that is a complete idiot but it is posts like that which makes you really think that some posters are just posting random advices on topics they have no clue about. It's a waste of time for the people who actually are looking for serious advices.

Quote Originally Posted by DoW Fanatic View Post
    Bow Amazons aren't terrible. Plenty of us have played through with budget gear. Tal mask, razortail, silkweaves/Aldur's, Laying of hands/cleglaws until then, dual ravenfrost/ravenfrost, rare with stats and dex, cat's eye, Witchwild String (have used skystrike, Lysander's and others), Lionheart armor. Might merc with Tal mask/vampgaze/crown of thieves, lionheart/shafstop (many armors work here) and a big hurty stick. That's it, nothing fancy.
    They are extremely terrible. Especially with the junk you have listed. Have you ever tried a decent character? A Pure light sorceress w/Infinity would make your poorly geared Amazon look ridicilously bad.
    Last edited by diablotwoplayerforlife; 04-12-2012 at 20:44.

IncGamers Member

I'm sorry. The advises in the other threads were even worse. One guy suggested an Obedience RW against Diablo's Firestorm. I'm not saying that the guy who suggested that is a complete idiot but it is posts like that which makes you really think that some posters are just posting random advices on topics they have no clue about. It's a waste of time for the people who actually are looking for serious advices.
    If you are primarily looking to one-shot enemies, then I suggest you play Space Invaders instead

They are extremely terrible. Especially with the junk you have listed. Have you ever tried a decent character? A Pure light sorceress w/Infinity would make your poorly geared Amazon look ridicilously bad.
    Some characters can kill more monsters faster than others, this has been true since Diablo II was launched in 2001. The fact that lightning sorceress with Infinity and Hammerdins with Enigma are especially overpowered has been known since patch 1.10, which was released... six years ago?

This may be news to you but some Diablo II players have BEEN THERE DONE THAT years ago and are fed up with lightning sorceresses and hammer throwing, teleporting paladins. (I know I am)

Quote Originally Posted by TerraNova View Post
    If you are primarily looking to one-shot enemies, then I suggest you play Space Invaders instead
    A well-geared purelight sorc w/ infintiy merc one-shots most enemies perfectly fine in hell. Diablo dies in 2 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by TerraNova View Post
    This may be news to you but some Diablo II players have BEEN THERE DONE THAT years ago and are fed up with lightning sorceresses and hammer throwing, teleporting paladins. (I know I am)
    I don't know why you are telling me that. With that said, I played on my Purelight sorc years ago, I still am today, and I am still having fun. So I don't see your point.
    Last edited by diablotwoplayerforlife; 05-12-2012 at 18:44.

Quote Originally Posted by diablotwoplayerforlife View Post

You asked for advice on how to get a bowazon to kill faster. this information was brought forward (using HL's W, for example) and because the character doesn't kill as fast as others, you think the advice is bad? No, the advice is solid, and your expectations for what the char is capable are off.
    Yes D2 is unbalanced, but that doesn't mean that advice given to you is bad.

Also, iirc the necro thread asked about how to kill Diablo faster, and obedience was a solid suggestion there, as well, because it has CB on it.

Anyway, at the end of the day, if you already know what gear is good or bad then why are you asking, and then telling everyone who suggests something that it's a bad suggestions?

BTW, my strafer does 1-4k with act 2 might merc and wearing fort, using windforce. Nothing spectacular, but i'm in SP and don't have that much wealth.
    So if you look at the suggestions I gave you, to boost your dmg from 2.5k to 4k, and then increasing your DS% as well, you're just being ignorant if you think these are bad suggestions.

IncGamers Member

Who has a legit Infinity? Also, nobody kills everything with Infinity like a Javazon. I actually built one because I found one ber and did like 800 forge runs, but that's just me. I can't imagine having a Faith. Are you on the realms?

The Amazon is the character I miss the most from D2 in D3. I had all manner of characters in D2, but mostly Zons and Sorcs, and nothing comes close to the Zon for survivability and power. Every ladder I built first a Classic BO Barb, then a Classic Orb/Static Sorc for forge rushing mules, but then in the Expansion, I would start with a Zon. You know why? I play in 8 player games exclusively. A hybrid Zon can solo all the way through Hell in an 8 player game. You need 2 items, only 2, Witchwild String and Titans. As time goes on the Titans become your primary weapon. As you twink, yes, Javazons are faster killers in 8 pgs than Bowies, but Bowies can still do it. You need Witchwild in my opinion, or level 20 Magic Arrow. Your choice, a bow on switch or 20 points plugged into a skill that is situational in its use.

Keep in mind I only played HC, I guess maybe Barbs and Sorcs are better in certain situations but also riskier. No character, and I mean, none could survive the situations that my Hybrid could. She did corpse retrieval for anyone who needed it (on my friend's list at least), no matter how bad the stair trap.

I guess they might not kill as fast as a Sorc, well, unless you make friends with an Enchantress, and then I don't think anyone kills faster than the Bowie in an 8 player game. So make friends with a Chantress and see what you can do.

IncGamers Member

Wowa..

I know this is probably a case of 'dont feed the troll' but I couldn't help making a video.
    Bowazon in players 8 cow runs

Okay, maybe it is not 'one shot'. But it's still quite effective. Who the hell one shots hell cows in 8 players game anyway. Not even a lightsorc can do that..

Quote Originally Posted by Whitering View Post
    Who has a legit Infinity?
    Umm.. Lots of people? You severely underestimate the single player community..

IncGamers Member

Ya, I guess, I did, but I got the feeling he was on the ladder realms, which is tough to get everything you need to make characters more amazing than your standard Javazon or Bowie without botting or trading with bots or dupers. In Single Player you can run LK with no fail to joins, no lag, no temp bans or any of that, so ya, you can find 2 Bers in no time flat heh.

Good Video, but who one shots in 8 player cows? I properly rounded up herd dies in 1 shot with an Infinity Javazon, that's what I built, as above, last ladder. You probably pick off strays a bit more quickly though.

:/ Our advise was that bad, eh?
    Fishy and strafer aren't working for you with top notch gear?
    Wait. So viperskin, Insight, crappy rings and a low hoto is now top notch Necro gear? I think you got that completely wrong. Top notch Necro gear would be something like Beast, Enigma, Sojs, and Pride and Fort on merc.

Also, iirc the necro thread asked about how to kill Diablo faster, and obedience was a solid suggestion there, as well, because it has CB on it.
    Read again. The issue was Diablo's Firestorm killing the merc, and Obedience doesn't prevent that from happening. The merc will still get killed and you will have to revive him. So that's certainly not a solid suggestion. On the contrary, it is a pretty bad suggestion, but seeing how you confuse average gear with top notch gear, it doesn't surprise me that you would think differently.

The solution was to get a CTA to keep the Merc alive. It also prevents him from randomly dying in WSK.

So if you look at the suggestions I gave you, to boost your dmg from 2.5k to 4k, and then increasing your DS% as well, you're just being ignorant if you think these are bad suggestions.
    Right. To start off with, I ditched the bowazon, because it just isn't the type of PvM character that I would like to play, and because they aren't nearly as effective at killing as some of the other characters. They are godly in PvP though. Now, speaking of ignorance, you don't think it is a bit ignorant (if not completely stupid) to belive that a low hoto, viperskin, Insight and crappy rings is top notch Necro gear? I'll tell you what. It isn't top notch gear. You just learned something new about D2.

To be plain to you, the problem is that you are trying to be an expert and giving advices in a game that you are clueless about. This obviously results in bad advices. That you don't even realize this doesn't make it less worse, mind you. I'd advice you to brush up on the basics of this game before starting to give advices to people. I'm not saying that you have to, It's just a friendly suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by diablotwoplayerforlife View Post
    They are godly in PvP though.
    With extremely good gear and charms, and in the hands of a good player yes. But any character with max block, decent DR% and fast attacks will completely crush most bowzons.
    Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

Bow ama is terrible..

I meant that it was a strafer with top notch gear, and fishy in general.

I could have worded it more clearly.

My point was that you're struggling with a fishy, the easiest character in the game.

Yeah you ditched the bowa, but before that were insulting us for giving advice, and advice I still stand by as good.

I'm aware hoto and viper aren't the best. However, they're more than good enough to deal with most situations, imo. Has anyone tried suggesting clay golem and decrep on diablo? if not, you should have tried that already.

CtA is the obvious answer. If you know so much about the game why wouldn't you start with that? lol