Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Virus through site?

maybe is related to the gamethief trojan dropper java tried to install last week on this site thru quantcast?

BattleTag Ruhster1234

We think it is simply a script vulnerability so lots has been locked down for now while testing continues.
    Rushster - Admin,
    IncGamers.com

IncGamers Member

Re: Virus through site?<****** src=http://hkbbs.hehagame.com/cache/ads/google.html wi

I'm getting another threat warning, this time for something related to http://hkbbs.hehagame.com/cache/ads/google.html. This one is new for me.

BattleTag Ruhster1234

Yep we are watching and working on issues
    Rushster - Admin,
    IncGamers.com

IncGamers Member

look here im logged in mainpage im not...

also i notice that heba thing, blocked it.

advice: use noscript here, so you can manually allow things...

personally i think someone is trying to drop these tru this site somehow. http://www.microsoft.com/security/po...r=desc&size=10

MSE detected them once (few days ago) here, they failed to install on my PC... link is safe to click... there are 3 variants... the dropper is the one i detected, that installs the other if succesful

BattleTag Ruhster1234

A quick update.

I have worked on this extensively over the weekend. Because the IncGamers community is the target of an individual/organisation, we have gone to a little expense to monitor the site 24/7 externally. We have another team now onboard to help us shore things up across IncGamers. It's a pain in the backside and it will stretch us budget wise but we feel we need to provide you with an extra layer of security moving forwards.

We think we identified the issue which was a software issue which has been dealt with.
    Rushster - Admin,
    IncGamers.com

BattleTag Diab-1350

Quote Originally Posted by Rushster View Post
    A quick update.

I have worked on this extensively over the weekend. Because the IncGamers community is the target of an individual/organisation, we have gone to a little expense to monitor the site 24/7 externally. We have another team now onboard to help us shore things up across IncGamers. It's a pain in the backside and it will stretch us budget wise but we feel we need to provide you with an extra layer of security moving forwards.

We think we identified the issue which was a software issue which has been dealt with.
    WTB a "Thanks" button!

Quote Originally Posted by Diab View Post
    WTB a "Thanks" button!
    One suspects that in lieu of a 'Thanks', they'll take donations to offset the cost of outside security analysis.

Good to hear, Rush. I'm sure that's not how you imagined spending your weekend :( I don't suppose you would elaborate on what the problem was exactly? Just out of academic curiousity

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Varyafirion View Post
    Good to hear, Rush. I'm sure that's not how you imagined spending your weekend :( I don't suppose you would elaborate on what the problem was exactly? Just out of academic curiousity
    I'm quite interested in some more details as well. Maybe a short chronological post about what happened? Names, exploit used, etc. When it is all resolved of course. I'm intrigued by the war in cyberspace.

But for now: are we 100% completely safe logging in, commenting, etc, on the forums and site? Or can't u give that assurance yet?