Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member

Re: 1.04 HC Witch Doctor Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lanceuppercut View Post
    Is there an all res/armour number I should ideally be aiming for?

Be nice to know at what point I could start to sacrifice basic survival stats in preference for CC stuff.
    For doing A1 Inferno or for completing the game solo or what?

You can probably handle A1 Inferno with 350 All Resist, 35k hp, 8k dps, and 3k armor. You won't be flying through it but it will be doable. To move to A2 you probably want to bumpb that up to 700 AR, 40k hp, and 15k dps.

IncGamers Member

Well, i managed to get through a4 inferno with a group (myself & monk & barbarian), we were all co-tanking most stuff. Pets did pretty well, died a few times but mostly stayed alive long enough to always have *something* alive to tank with. Pets even seemed ok tanking the big mallet lords!

We got through without having to skip any packs. With the 3 of us some champions we could split up to 1 champion per player (but some of the wierd ranged ones like the corrupt angels don't like being split like that).

A couple nasties like arcane & illusion angels, and jailer & desecrate something or other.

Diablo himself was probably not as bad as a few of the packs leading up to him. The arcane & illusion mentioned above would most likely have enraged (if enrage hadn't been removed from the game).

My stats:
    95k HP
    ~660 resist unbuffed (1000-1200 buffed with barb/monk auras)
    18k dps
    4.5k armor
    700 life on hit
    950 life per second (from talent based on 1% HP), 1400 ish with monk aura.

I may gear up a bit more and try diablo solo.

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore TheDarkSide's Avatar
    BattleTag Hellswraith-1116

Not so well here -- just managed to kill my level 42 WD in Nm act 2 on Belial.. I had 13k life - 1k dps using Acid Cloud,Firebomb combo for attacks , Gargantuan, Dogs, Spirit walk, and Mass confusion.Gruesome Feast, Jungle Fort , Vision Quest passives... I didnt have any problems on him in the previous patch so I was confident Id have no issues again,,, - WRONG,, I was watching his life and I was barely scratching him and then the Green Balls started flying and he stuck his arms in the ground I Healed and Spirit walked - and then it was over..

I didnt realise they Nerfed Vision Quest so bad in this patch but I do like the new Summons being able to stay alive pretty well. Im torn on whether to start another WD or make a Wiz this time...

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkSide View Post
    Not so well here -- just managed to kill my level 42 WD in Nm act 2 on Belial.. I had 13k life - 1k dps using Acid Cloud,Firebomb combo for attacks , Gargantuan, Dogs, Spirit walk, and Mass confusion.Gruesome Feast, Jungle Fort , Vision Quest passives... I didnt have any problems on him in the previous patch so I was confident Id have no issues again,,, - WRONG,, I was watching his life and I was barely scratching him and then the Green Balls started flying and he stuck his arms in the ground I Healed and Spirit walked - and then it was over..

I didnt realise they Nerfed Vision Quest so bad in this patch but I do like the new Summons being able to stay alive pretty well. Im torn on whether to start another WD or make a Wiz this time...

Well, don't give up on WD so easily, I think with the buff to pets it may be one of the best HC classes now. You may need to work on learning to dodge the acid pools on belial. Were you wearing a shield? that makes a big difference in incoming damage!

Which one of the runes do you like most to Acid Cloud ?
    I have a hard time to choose between Acid Rain, Lob Blob Bomb or Slow Burn, which one is good in which situation ?

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag iMikee-2957

couldnt find a thread like this for 1.0.5 so im bumping this one

i recently started HC and im running a WD for the first time. and i must say I'm loving it!
    im wondering if anyone uses soul harvest in HC now? it sure is a great boost but at a great price. also im having trouble parting with m dogs, seems alot of people have though. isnt the extra tanking worth it?

IncGamers Site Pal
    BattleTag VTMatt

Quote Originally Posted by Goffe View Post
    couldnt find a thread like this for 1.0.5 so im bumping this one

i recently started HC and im running a WD for the first time. and i must say I'm loving it!
    im wondering if anyone uses soul harvest in HC now? it sure is a great boost but at a great price. also im having trouble parting with m dogs, seems alot of people have though. isnt the extra tanking worth it?
    I'm running both dogs and soul harvest. I use a pretty tanky build (~1700 LoH, ~700 life/sec, mid 800's@, a shield, and ~50k life), so I don't have any issues with soul harvest being too risky. As for the dogs, I definitely wouldn't give them up. The CC is unbeatable... especially a good combo with soul harvest!