Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Any Ideas how to make an effective build now?

Knockback won't work against large enemies, which means most (all?) Bosses and certain Elites, so I would go with freeze.

IncGamers Member

Well then, getting outbid on the Windforce was lucky for me.

I'll think about Azurewrath instead.

IncGamers Member

I'm wondering if a Thorns build is viable... Does Fierce Loyalty really make your pets do 20k dmg (max value more or less if you stack it on all gear pieces) each time the enemies hit them? 'Cause if it does, those Fast packs just became a heavenly gift instead of a hellish curse. 4 Zombie Dogs + Garg + Merc (+you, although I wouldn't *try* to get hit with this kind of gear)... Seems like it would be a lot of dmg. Anyone know if Thorns gets reduced in Inferno?

Edit: oh, and is Thorns affected by crit dmg and crit %? If it's not then I think it might not be worth the bother.

Thorns can't crit. Relying on thorns for damage seems like a fun idea, I thought about it as well, but when you can reach 20k damage per hit even with fairly affordable crit gear I don't think it's a viable way to go. It's also worth considering, that monsters have attack delays, which makes the DPS of thorns truly pitiful. Oh, and it only works for melee attacks.

I think Thorns and more generally damage reflection will be really useful in PvP, since currently nothing can mitigate this type of damage as far as I know. This may change for PvP though.

Firebomb: Fire Pit
    Grasp of the Dead: Groping Eels (increase damage)
    Summon Zombie Dogs: (any)
    Summon Gargantuan: Stinker (Poison Cloud)
    Spirit Walk: Jaunt
    Acid Cloud/Zombie Bear: as damage heavy hitter.

You use pets as tank while you bombard from behind them, simple, yet quite decent damage.

BattleTag ChaosMagika-2981

Just a thought, I haven't tried it..

The Pile On zombie wall skill might be a candidate to get enough reduced cooldown items to elimnate it. 10 seconds isn't all that much and it should be doable without too many sacrifices in dps output.
    This works very well already if you use sacrifice for dogs but would have the advantage of only one skill slot. And there could be both

IncGamers Member

After the crowd control changes, chance to stun on hit and chance to freeze on hit is really awesome with rain of toads/acid rain. Running with a group is where this really shines, the DH can sit back and unload while you stunlock any elite for 90% of the fight. I am at roughly 11.5% chance to stun/freeze and can keep just about everything CC'd for most of the fight. Really suprised I haven't seen this mentioned before here or on official forums. I just hope Blizz doesn't decide to change the proc coefficient on ROT or AR in the next patch. Spent a good chunk of gold gearing with chance to stun gear. I think the cost of stun gear is still a bargain compared to how much benefit you get from using it.

[EDIT] I should probably mention this is with a 1.4 speed 1h + mojo and 2 pieces of attack speed gear for 15% total IAS. Not sure how effective it is with a 2h and no IAS.
    Last edited by KingMofo; 25-10-2012 at 23:32.

I built my WD around Life regen, MF, and Fierce Loyalty. Low life isn't a huge deal as I can still survive about 2 hits from Mortar bombs.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/G.../hero/27192839

Currently do Act III on MP1, since I already get over 300 MF with 5 NV stacks so there's really no need to go higher.

Diablo: IncGamers Member saint_of_killers's Avatar
    BattleTag Cheese-1251

I'm kind of curious about this too (general WD builds now). I've been testing out builds in MP4. For me, basically, pure summoner is pretty viable, but I kill so slowly. A bears/fetish/voodoo build kills a lot faster, but I also die a lot faster and more frequently (which I find odd b/c i have more armor + rsts than my DH who seems to take more hits). I can't seem to find that perfect medium.

Now, I will say, my gear probably has a lot to do w/ it. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C...1/hero/1390912 Nothing spectacular, in terms of dps. I can prob afford Zuni boots + chest + ring to boost my dps a bit. Besides that, any advice, gear wise? Focus on trifecta stats, or more particularly crit % and crit dmg?

Quote Originally Posted by saint_of_killers View Post
    I'm kind of curious about this too (general WD builds now). I've been testing out builds in MP4. For me, basically, pure summoner is pretty viable, but I kill so slowly. A bears/fetish/voodoo build kills a lot faster, but I also die a lot faster and more frequently (which I find odd b/c i have more armor + rsts than my DH who seems to take more hits). I can't seem to find that perfect medium.

Now, I will say, my gear probably has a lot to do w/ it. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C...1/hero/1390912 Nothing spectacular, in terms of dps. I can prob afford Zuni boots + chest + ring to boost my dps a bit. Besides that, any advice, gear wise? Focus on trifecta stats, or more particularly crit % and crit dmg?
    Saint_of_killers I think i suggest replace Rain of Toads with Zombears for more damage. Also, in higher difficulty Dire Bats can be a viable option since you can deal damage from a distance, since survival is imprtant in inferno.

For the build, if you want to go uber with 100K damage then you aim for crit chance & crit damage & int in equip, looking Vit side-imprtantly. Insert an emerald into 1000 dps weapon is imprtant.