Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Any Ideas how to make an effective build now?

Blah, im trying with Rain of Toads + Spider Queen and zombie dogs but thats taking me soooo long to kill anything..

IncGamers Member

Re: Any Ideas how to make an effective build now?

Plague Toads - Rain of Toads
    Acid Rain - Slow Burn
    Spirit Barrage - Manitou
    Soul Harvest - Soul To Waste
    Spirit Walk - Jaunt
    Zombie Dogs - any but the life link rune

Vision Quest
    Pierce The Veil
    Spirit Vessel

Note: I only play hardcore so survival is always my top priority, there are probably faster builds available, you may want to try switching Slow Burn for Zombie Bears and Pierce the Veil for Gruesome Feast

IncGamers Member

And items? Loh needed for that? i got 600-700 AR, 26k dmg, 70k hp, 214% MF

IncGamers Member

Well I have 1000 LoH but it is major overkill. I'd advise having some though, maybe 300-400ish? Your stats are better than mine (although I have 1000 loh and 780 life regen) and I rip through Act 2 Inferno on hardcore.

IncGamers Member

Act II is damn too easy for me. Im on Act III. Before patch with zombie bears it was just fine. Now i have serious problems finding good build.

RoT is for LoH returns or a PtV low mana AoE skill. This is the build I run with:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...fTY!aXU!bZZccc. Running Act 3 just fine. Bears could be swapped for Spirit Barrage Phantasm or a Firebats ability.

IncGamers Member

Thanks, im running very similiar build ( this weapon i am using now, spent my last 5m just to try this build, but its working pretty well )
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/pl/profile/K...99/hero/267275

BattleTag ChaosMagika-2981

For anybody having problems with DPS output try acid cloud with lob blob bomb.

This was already pretty useable prior to the patch but now it got a huge damage boost. In addition to the regular acid cloud damage (115% +50% dot) you get an additional 150% for the 3 blobs you can have. You can't spam this but you don't need to either since the acid cloud doesn't stack and you can only have 3 blobs. So in effect that's 315% dps.

Mix with any primary offensive skill.
    It's not as strong as zombie bears was since that is effective 708% dps but in most situations it's better because you don't loose time for positioning and almost always hit something.

Also since most people will probably go for zombie dogs sacrifice can't hurt, you need pickup radius to use it effectively though (circle of life is now 30%) Don't discard their damage either since they rarely die now. I think once everybody has tweaked their gear to the new situations the dps output of the WD will be just as good.

Last edited by Chaosmage; 22-08-2012 at 18:33.

IncGamers Member

The build my WD is using right now looks like this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...YTQ!adg!bacaaY

Except for a 900 LoH ~600 dps dagger and a couple of pieces of gear I found myself, he's using all the stuff he beat hell with (required level 58 or so gear). 37k hp, ~300 all res, 2900 armor with enchantress, 20k dps... and he destroys stuff in A1. Zombie dogs only die on the absolute worst packs, usually the packs where I can't manage to get myself into the middle of combat so that I can pump a ton of LoH out to the dogs by letting myself get damaged. He's at least as powerful as he was when I used VQ bears; he kills a little bit slower but he's incredibly safe while doing it. With BBV up and everything working, I was tanking molten, arcane, plague; you name it.

I experimented with Manitou but it doesn't seem to help very much; in the easy situations it's just one little addition, while in the hard spots it doesn't really provide survivability. BBV (Ghost Trance) helps my LoH through the attack speed increase and gives me and my minions ~2k life per second on top of that. Anyone whose dogs die in close fights should give it some thought; the effectiveness of it is multiplied by having all those minions, while with other BBV runes aren't anything special in particular with it.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Mcstrife -2122

Interesting build Karth. I just hit 60 with my WD yesterday so still experimenting and at the moment using this:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...YTV!adU!accaZZ.

I only started in act 1 inferno, but it's going pretty well. Got some LoH and res to get me started. Corpse bomb might not be a common choice (?) but in my experience it's brilliant for large groups of small, fast enemies if you place the bombs correctly. The more bulky ones I take down with bears and my pets keep me pretty safe.

However, I do fear the elite packs since I now have to deal with vortex and walls and jails and whatnot, and I don't have a real 'oh snap' button.