Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    IncGamers Member

Re: Why I deleted all my characters and started over

Well yeah it's about the item hunt for me too, as was D2 for 10 years. However in D2 you were sure that if you found an Occulus it was good and an item your sorc could use no matter what. Here you can find god know how many off those offhands and they are all **** because stats in them are random. Not to mention the ring which is even worse...
    And I don't feel that the dropchances in D3 are that much higher than D2 in order to make up for the huge random possibilities on items.

And don't get me wrong I'm not trying to argue against selffound gameplay as much as I'm trying to talk myself into it.
    I really like the idea about not using the AH and getting by with whatever I find and can craft (and I've seen some awesome crafts on various profiles)

I'm giving it a go for now - have created a new Wiz and cleared 2 tabs for her. Have given all my gold to my hubby and startet again. Haven't deleted my characters yet nor given the rest of my stuff away - I'm not completly convinced I won't regret...

Do you play in games with friends who don't play selffound?

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Good luck, it's a great challenge running selffound. It felt good defeating Diablo in Inferno knowing i had found what i needed myself.

I have played with a AH-using friend but only like 1 hour so i o not consider myself tainted.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caris View Post
    And don't get me wrong I'm not trying to argue against selffound gameplay as much as I'm trying to talk myself into it.
    Go for it. Enjoy it. I had 3 characters to 60 (selffound) before I began to realize that I was in a very, very, very small minority. (Or so it seems.) Inferno Act2 is definitely the hardest part, but you get used to dying a lot and begin to see some patterns. And before you know it, you will have downed HerSelf. Now that's a good feeling because you earned it. Something the AH'ers will never know, sadly. (Disclaimer: I broke down and bought a Legendary axe after 2 months (!) of no useful drops. $6. Ah, well. I still die a lot. lol The first time I killed HerSelf on Inferno, nothing useful dropped. lol In fact, come to think of it, I have never had a brown drop on boss. Haven't seen a greenie, yet. Ever.)

Some useful stuff, perhaps: Don't waste gold on Blacksmithing anything that costs more than, say, 1000g. The randomness of it (having to smith 10-15 things to get one useful one) just kills your gold level for something you will probably find as good or better in a level or two.

Try different builds to find your style. (My style is Barb's Earthquake. BEQ. lol Wish all my chars had it! What an awesome thing! lol)

I use my "main" to get stuff for my other chars. Save rare stuff with best stats with sockets for future chars. Then make Star gems and drop it on you new chars. What a blast! (I have no problem with being OP if it's from my own selffound stuff. lol)

Have fun!

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Something is odd

Got a Natalya's Slayer. Then, 3 minutes later, another one. Then, 5 minutes later, a third one!

RNG is RNG ???

IncGamers Member

I got to say, the new crafting is a boon to SF players. You can quickly get top end gear for the new crafting slots with minimal effort. Hell I crafted vit tri-fecta gloves (w/ dex) that I'm not even using.

BattleTag mordell-1747

Quote Originally Posted by SincereX13 View Post
    I got to say, the new crafting is a boon to SF players. You can quickly get top end gear for the new crafting slots with minimal effort. Hell I crafted vit tri-fecta gloves (w/ dex) that I'm not even using.
    Yup. They very much are. I posted some of my crafts in the IFT.

SF is much more doable now. (I'm not 100% SF, though.)

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag iMikee-2957

I would recommend HC to all self-found players. best thing that happened to me in this game was changing to HC and getting rid of my SC characters! sure there are a lot of things you can say about HC but EVERY level matters on EVERY character! nothing beats the pride and sense of achievement that HC gives. good luck! and message if oyu need help

IncGamers Member

I play entirely self found also. I do trade between my own characters, and occasionally with my husband (still self found, since what's mine is mine and what's his is mine, right?), but he hasn't played in months, so my trades with him were all sub level 60.

My demon hunter is my main, and she has reached 61k dps, which I am pretty happy about. I tried MP1 for the first time last night, and I have to say it isn't nearly as difficult as I expected. I'm going to try MP2 tonight and see if that is a possibility for me yet. I do have all 4 of the other classes to 60+, but haven't played them too much since coming back.

I played for a while after the game came out, then left for several months, just came back a few weeks ago. Since returning, I've gotten my Paragon level up to 24 on my DH, and I've found about a dozen legendaries and 3 set pieces. Sadly, 1 of the set pieces and no less than 3 of the legendaries were repeats.

I almost always played D2 on single player, self found with no trades. I just find that I enjoy the game a lot more playing it that way. Right now, my efforts (and money) are going toward leveling up my gems. Pretty much all Star gems in all slots right now, but I've found quite a few of the upgrade patterns, so starting to work on that. Since my DH is my main, I've started with Emeralds, but haven't found that particular next pattern up yet, so I have about 15 Star Emeralds to upgrade as soon as I find the next pattern up. I've found ALL the ruby patterns, so may work on those while waiting for the Emerald one to drop. I have several of the Marquise patterns, but for a self found, that just isn't worth the money.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Got to agree with Goffe, that HC selffound is the way to go.

I got my SC Wiz up to paragon 86 and the motivation to continue is small at best.

Lacerta: Good luck with your DH and continued progress!