Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BattleTag Jcakes-6373

Re: Why I deleted all my characters and started over

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    The AH has tainted gameplay for me too. I built a gold find character but then realized I only need gold to buy items from the AH.

So I have sold everything and started over. How do I get rid of my gold? Buy one expensive item and drop it? I don't have any online friends and offering gold in a public game sounds like a scam.

Edit: I ended up spending 2 million on fiery brimstone and throwing it on the ground. Relevant video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ
    One way to get rid of gold is to sell it on the RMAH . If I was going to go self-found I'd probably do that.
    Trollin', trollin', trollin'
    through the forums scrollin'
    Keep those comments flowin', DON'T HIDE!

BattleTag Artemis-1554

Quote Originally Posted by Jcakes View Post
    One way to get rid of gold is to sell it on the RMAH . If I was going to go self-found I'd probably do that.
    I considered that but I didn't want the tax hassle over two dollars. I would have liked to keep it out of the economy, but I couldn't think of a way to do it.

In other news, after three months and leveling five chars concurrently, I have just reached lvl 40. No AH and vendors/blacksmith is suddenly very useful.

I'm still not sure what follower to use with each character so I've been equipping all three with found items so I can quickly swap them out if need be. For example, my barb had vitality issues for a while so I used the Templar for healing. When that was solved, I switched to the enchantress for the armor boost and chicken spell.

IncGamers Member

Just rolled a DH on a new region from scratch. Going to play self found not using the AH at all. Playing the AH ruined the fun for me, I am going back to the basics and play the game the way I think it should be played, had a lot of fun playing the older diablo games and I want to try and replicate it to a certain degree.

IncGamers Site Pal
    Diablo 3 Beta Tester

Starting over again- trying out a style where I'm playing Softcore but if I die I salvage all my gear. Also doing self-found non-twink and I'm having a blast. Doing Normal MP10, NM MP5, Hell MP1, Inferno MP0. If I clear Inferno I'll probably start new characters and allow them to exchange gear as long as they clear Inferno first.

I find this play style to be a really nice middle ground between softcore and hardcore. I love how intense Hardcore is, but I hate starting the game with zero skills again. I found pure softcore too easy and the auction house to take away from one of the biggest aspects of ARPGs- finding loot. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has considered a mode like this.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Quote Originally Posted by MonTy View Post
    Starting over again- trying out a style where I'm playing Softcore but if I die I salvage all my gear. Also doing self-found non-twink and I'm having a blast. Doing Normal MP10, NM MP5, Hell MP1, Inferno MP0. If I clear Inferno I'll probably start new characters and allow them to exchange gear as long as they clear Inferno first.

I find this play style to be a really nice middle ground between softcore and hardcore. I love how intense Hardcore is, but I hate starting the game with zero skills again. I found pure softcore too easy and the auction house to take away from one of the biggest aspects of ARPGs- finding loot. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has considered a mode like this.
    That's an interesting take on things. Good luck!

BattleTag Artemis-1554

I decided to try a melee wizard and created a new character for it. Regearing my current wizard for melee didn't make much sense, and this also gives back the D2 feeling of starting fresh again.

IncGamers Member

I've thought about starting over, but haven't come to a conclusion yet....

Are you stil only self-found InteNuIgen? In that case you've been lucky.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Quote Originally Posted by Caris View Post
    I've thought about starting over, but haven't come to a conclusion yet....

Are you stil only self-found InteNuIgen? In that case you've been lucky.
    Yes still self-found. And i don't consider myself lucky, i've put in the hours, lots of grinding on max mf

IncGamers Member

Well yes ofc you have put in the work - great accomplishment. But still RNG is RNG
    I just find items way too random in Diablo 3 in order to run selffound.

What do or did you do with legendaries that are awesome, but just not for the characters you play? Do you sell them or give them away to friends?
    And did you craft alot? Crafting is afterall a good way to get shots at very nice rare items and since you don't use the AH there is not much else to spend money on....

BattleTag Majo666-2473

I just find items way too random in Diablo 3 in order to run selffound
    Well that depends on your perspective. For me, the item hunt is a big part of the game. And as i proved in my thread "Keeping track of legendary drops", legendaries do drop with some regularity. I run with max mf and have about 1.5 drops per hour

What do or did you do with legendaries that are awesome, but just not for the characters you play? Do you sell them or give them away to friends?
    And did you craft alot? Crafting is afterall a good way to get shots at very nice rare items and since you don't use the AH there is not much else to spend money on....
    If a legendary is not good enough for any of my characters, i check with a friend of mine if he wants it. If not, i salvage it. I have 150 brimstones in my stash. I can for some reason not bring myself to salvage set items, but i will have to since they soon will occupy an entire stash tab....

Crafted some gear in the beginning but it's near impossible now to craft anything that would be an upgrade.

Alot of money (millions and millions) has gone into jewelcrafting though. Emeralds and topazes (and a big amethyst for my key hunting) have been the priority. Found the radiant star topaz plan the other day so i want one of these...