Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Why does reading this site just make me feel sad and angry?

Quote Originally Posted by Appl View Post
    You need to use your head here. Try to make it a habit.

Jay insulting David isn't so much about insulting D1 and D2 veterans, it's more of insulting the problems on hand that NOT COINCIDENTALLY BOTH D1-2 veterans and those new to Diablo series brought up. Raise a bit of your IQ lvl if it is possible to do.

But, you know what the main point is?
    When you have a cook saying/thinking that spitting saliva on the food he cook is ok, you have reasonable reaction from masses eating the food.

In similar way, players have concerns when the game makers act/react/feels/think in a way that shows improvement/feedback resistance.

What you and Original Poster need to do here is to stop playing games and do IQ exercises while spending more time going out to enrich your socio life experiences in BOTH casual and work-place settings. You are introvert, inept, and gullible.

Actually don't, people like you and OP are good market target to capitalize to sell our consumer products including gaming and entertainment to. Please remain stupid, ignorant, and willing to shell out money for purchases.

Dude, what the heck. You completely went off the deep end and went into a tangent that had nothing to do with my post. I'm sorry you wasted your time making an account just to post an insult. A poorly thought out one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackan View Post
    Not pulling from nothing. I do agree with Brevik's comments. He basically speaks for many old Diablo veterans that are not happy with D3, including me. I have never really agreed with what Jay Wilson thinks is so awesome about his Diablo 3. They have created their version/theme of a Diablo game, and it matches perfectly with what was to be expected from Blizzard Irvine. They also made clear mistakes, that in all honesty, is just lack of experience, or no understanding of what really made the previous games successful. Brevik is clear on this.

A lot of fans have expressed their emotions about this, but you don't see Jay and the other developers go out on the forums and tell them to **** off. Instead, they do it on facebook to the original creator of the Diablo series, after he critizes the game. Clearly, that was not so smart, but very revealing. They might not like him at all, and there might be other things going on behind the scenes that we don't know of, but that doesn't justify what was said.

Thank you. I feel the same as you on all your points except the JW comment. It was dumb on his part. I just didn't see how his comment affected us vets of d1 and d2. I literally felt nothing when I heard about this stuff. That's why I asked. I like to get other peoples perspective. Thank you for actually being civil.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xeodus View Post
    I don't want to blame anyone really - it's just a shame that reading stuff on here makes me feel like this. It didn't used to - so what is different now?
    what's different ?
    D3 is out

it wasn't as good as it should have been

Blizzard dropped the ball: no PvP, crappy items, badly implemented AH

this site reports the negative as well as the positive

it sounds like you want to read a fanboy site, but that's not what this is

this site actually is a 'paragon of objectivity'
    but I guess according to ... , saying something true that also happens to be negative means this site is negatively biased

Quote Originally Posted by themeros View Post
    Xeodus, it's all about human psychology:

1. There will ALWAYS be someone complaining about something. Anonymity brings the bad in people.
    2. The community is a reflection of the game. Game is good? Community is good. Game is bad? Community is bad. Why do you think the Diablo II community was better? Even then, people complained.

Here I am, complaining about your complaint on complains.
    LoL is a pretty good game, and yet the community is terrible. Gamers are an angry bunch, at least relative to other groups. I haven't been able to pinpoint the source of this anger, but if anyone has any insight as to why, please do let me know.

As to the OP, you just have to be like Tim Duncan man. Just be mellow to everything. Come and enjoy the good discussions that you see and just don't scrutinize or read into things too much, on here and on any forum. Having a positive outlook on things makes you pretty much immune to trolls, and you'll enjoy yourself a lot better!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Simfish View Post
    LoL is a pretty good game, and yet the community is terrible.
    would just like to say that the community is the same as any MOBA and thats because people get really competitive.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by crazynomad View Post
    Dude, what the heck. You completely went off the deep end and went into a tangent that had nothing to do with my post. I'm sorry you wasted your time making an account just to post an insult. A poorly thought out one at that.
    My post is clearly in response to your remark:
    Originally Posted by crazynomad Quite the condescending tone you have there. Also, I'd like to understand your point on 'Jay insulting David = insulting D1 and D2 veterans' because it seems strange that you felt that way. Considering his comment was directed at David and not anyone else. Pulling something from nothing perhaps?

I am sorry that you are too daft to understand that Jay insulting David = insulting/denying/showing resistance to feedback that {David/D1-D2 players/NON-D1-D2 players who just got introduced to Diablo series} have voiced.

So you proudly show your stupidity to the point that I have to hold your hand and direct and show you that I was responding and explaining your misguided nuance that Mackan was "pulling something out of nothing" plus the interpretation of the Jay "insult"... then going further to assume that I made an account just to reply to you. Brilliant guess, alas you are dead wrong.

Came to this site attracted to the news, registered to this site just because it is a site i feel good enough as a portal to get info revolving Diablo series update.

Like I aid, remain as "bright" as you are as we need consumer traits like what you have to peddle our goods and services for you to purchase.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Simfish View Post
    LoL is a pretty good game, and yet the community is terrible. Gamers are an angry bunch, at least relative to other groups. I haven't been able to pinpoint the source of this anger, but if anyone has any insight as to why, please do let me know.

As to the OP, you just have to be like Tim Duncan man. Just be mellow to everything. Come and enjoy the good discussions that you see and just don't scrutinize or read into things too much, on here and on any forum. Having a positive outlook on things makes you pretty much immune to trolls, and you'll enjoy yourself a lot better!
    If you look carefully it boils down to these:
    1) Problems exist hence we have some people (may not be you) voicing about the problem EXISTENCE
    2) Those who voiced a list of problems, some legitimate, some unreasonable whines, some well written AND legitimate, some abrasive AND legitimate, some abrasive AND unreasonable/pure whine... on the list items... = are called "Whiners"
    3) Then we have another group on the other side of the fence = called "anti-whinners"

Then what we have is:
    4) Whiner group presenting itemized lists A, B, C,...,Z
    5) Anti-Whiner group presenting nothing, but whining about Whiner Group without bothering to provide counter-argument, counter-fact, or do any research.

So we have 1st group trying to voice/advocate [something], and 2nd one trying advocate nothing, no solution, no middle ground, but a mere whining @ whiner. Both faults really if you really want to find a "culprit". Question is which group is more productive or more likely to roll out some sort of solution: the group who come up with itemized whines, or the other group who merely whine about the whining.

The cycle continues endlessly. Whether you or I like the game or think the game is pretty good or bad, including hours put into the game is irrelevant actually. Our overall hours spent on the game doesn't necessarily equate to positive overall experience of the game. Nor our liking/disliking the game suddenly mean there is no positive AND negatives surrounding the game.

BattleTag Elly-1983

This thread is going nowhere, it's done. There's positive and negative comments welcomed on the site (thankfully). If you would rather have just the one flavour this isn't the community for you.

Elly - Admin,
    Diablo: IncGamers on Twitter on You Tube on Facebook
    DiabloNut.Com (Diablo 3 database) - Blue Post Tracker - Diablo3Ladders.Com

New to Diablo 3? Read this great primer.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, you behaviour does.