Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Hello!
    *puts on holy shinguards of swords*
    Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm not sure why I waited so long to post, but I'm finally getting around to it. =)

Diablo 2 is one of those games you can never quit; I just keep coming back to it. I started playing single player back in 2009 and that's when I found this forum. I've found the info here to be very helpful, so I hope that I am able to help others out too.

I recently got back into the game with an untwinked, single-pass softcore base vita ES/Nova sorc. Part of the reason I am posting this is so that I can post her Mat thread and people will know what I'm talking about, unlike in real life. Lots of the people I hang out with play StarCraft, but not so many Diablo 2 anymore....

Having finished that Nova sorc, I plan to continue running AT for xp and items with my lvl 92 blizzsorc Ravenfrost. I also plan to mat/pat a character of each class. So far I still have to do druid, assassin, and barb, having already matted/patted a fishymancer named Yevon, a couple sorcs, a wsk fishyzon named Azula, and a tesladin named Corak. I typically play self-found with RWM and GoMule/Atma as extended stash. Many of my characters were started back in 1.12 or earlier, but I play the latest 1.13 patch now. I can't believe how easy the game has gotten with the removal of iron maiden and the increased rune drops, although it's ok because then I can try out more melee builds and try to get some insane runewords.

I will be following the various MF challenges and tournaments with interest; I might even try entering a tournament myself, although I'm still a bit nervous about hardcore.

Last edited by SunsetVista; 20-08-2012 at 21:32. Reason: Paragraphs, how do they work? WYSIWYG betrayed me

Re: Introduction

Welcome!

*steals pants*

Drop by the bar and definately do a tourney!!!

Ack, sorry for the wall of text! Embarrassed Question: How do I format my posts so that they are more readable? It looked alright before I submitted it... Oops, should've put on a belt to guard against those pant thieves.... Good thing my wallet was in my other pants.

Welcome to the SPF!

Homemade shinguards don't work, sorry. They have to be handed to you.

*hands over shinguards of the squid*

Oh, and watch your wallet. It will likely be stolen as well.

Can't do anything about the pants though. Hope you have another pair handy...

Edit: Paragraphs are your answer. Hit enter/return now and then twice and come to the bar and have a paragraph and a dew on Durf.

Hmm, I did have paragraphs when I submitted it. Just messed around in the settings tab and maybe this will work now.

Did it work this time?

It worked!

Welcome! You're being too active, we have to beg the other new kids to do stuff! jk

I look forward to reading about your chars and progress.

BattleTag DJMBBANDIE07-1586

Welcome!

*steals wallet.

First newcomer I don't have to invite to the bar...

*hands out a new wallet

IncGamers Member

Hola! Welcome to the forum

Howdy. Welcome to the SPF!

Thanks for the welcomes and the Dews! =)

edit: oh, and the shiny new wallet, too!