Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Re: Wierd Dreams Thread

Sorry, bob, but I have not had a sex dream/regular dream with you in it. :(

So, last night's dream was wonderful! Can't remember if Casey woke me up or if it was my phone. I was somewhere (a school? College campus? ) with my ex-friend Ashely. I had seen this tall, muscular guy with long blonde hair and a huge nose (like, it was as if Cyrano de Bergerac cut his nose off and let this guy borrow it) but hot, nonetheless. He met my eyes and I smiled stupidly. I walked away to wherever I was and met Ashely. The blonde dude walked by again. He wore a black atheletic outfit (like, black sleeveless shirt, track pants, black sneakers) with a red stripe on the side of the pants. He took off his shirt. Muscles everywhere. Ashely giggled and was like, "That's the guy I was telling you about! His name is..." I don't remember the name. I think it started with an A.

It's nighttime and I'm back on the campus for something. Ashley is with me, but somewhere else with A-named Muscle Man. Well, he has a brother! His brother was smaller, not as muscular, short hair that may have been highlighted blonde. I know, that sounds completely 6ay, but I'm pretty damn positive he wasn't. I remember his name. He said it was Quentin. We sat underneath a tree and talked about our schoolwork and one of his assignments was he had to do a survey about names. So I helped him out with that. I know he was really fond of the name Cordelia. I replied, "Really? That's so classy!" I'm thinking to myself right now, "Classy? Really? You couldn't say anything better?!"

Anyways, I can't remember if Casey woke me up with her unusual barking or if it was my phone ringing. That's all I remember and the only reason I am posting about it is because I woke up feeling really happy and giddy... even my zombie state of waking. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post

But what about dream control? Wouldn't that be swell. I don't recall what this book was called, but it was written by a guy named Carlos about his experiences with the natives in the South and their hallucinogenic drug experiences. The guy would hang out with the elders and participate in their rituals, swallowing a bunch of peyote buttons and tripping out, and having flashbacks long afterwards. The native guy would teach him spiritual tactics, like finding and knowing your invented trip-out buddy who exists only for you. I think that Simpsons episode where Homer eats the insanity peppers was influenced by this book.

Anyway, the...chief(?)...explained how you can walk around in your dreams and do what you want as opposed to having no control of your dream world like normal. It takes effort and a sort of skill. You start by simply remembering, like before you sleep and keep reminding yourself, to look at your hand in your dream. You can later move on to having more and more control until dreaming is like real life. I tried looking at my hand in my dream...and it worked! I didn't go further than that, though.
    Ha! Those books were a lot of fun. Carlos Castaneda wrote them. I used the look at your hands trick, and it worked for me. I got to the point where I could fly for a while before waking.

My biggest problem was not being able to stay lucid for very long. As soon as I realize I'm dreaming, the dream either begins to distract me until I forget what's really going on, or I wake up because I get anxious about wanting to remember to write it down.

Have any of you ever had sleep paralysis? I have been able to make it happen, but even when I know what's going on, **** is just too nerve wracking for me to not panic and want out.

Sorry, bob, but I have not had a sex dream/regular dream with you in it. :(
    I have. He always yells out the strangest things.

Had a strange one last night. I was climbing a mountain, an Appalachian mountain to be specific. It was fall, the leaves were beautiful and orange, orange everywhere I looked, and as I walked I came upon a deserted complex, complete with broken windows, crumbling walls, and eerie silence. A plywood sign leaned against the corner of one of the buildings: "Walking". Zombie dream. Run from zombies, throw things at zombies, almost get eaten by zombies. This isn't so weird by itself. That came later, when the zombie dreamed turned into a mushy romantic "I miss my girlfriend" dream, but still with zombies. We were sitting on rocks in a river and I leaned over to kiss her and there were zombies everywhere, but I didn't seem to mind them and they didn't mind me.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Sleep paralysis. Hate it, hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    Sleep paralysis. Hate it, hate it.
    I can't say it's pleasant in the least bit, but the stuff that happens while it's going on is intense. I like to test my threshold for terror.

What I really want to accomplish in sleep paralysis is the same thing that I end up doing naturally in dreams where I'm falling or a lethal impact is imminent -- completely let go and accept my fate. It's the most relaxing and comfortable feeling I've ever experienced.
    Last edited by slyraje; 05-01-2013 at 22:54.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

My experience of sleep paralysis entails, almost exclusively, an awareness of it. Sometimes, at the margins, I might be aware of background noises in the waking world but all I feel at the time is the crushing sensation of helplessness, of paralysis.
    There are no dreams for me in that state. I find it extremely disturbing and it was utterly frightening, the first few times I became aware of it.

Hmm, I usually had what I assumed was a dream during the paralysis. One instance had my room filed with red light and 2 grey aliens watching me in my doorway. When I came to I was sleeping facing the opposite direction of what I was seeing while paralyzed.

On another occasion I thought I was able to rock back and forth after being paralyzed for a couple minutes. I thought I fell out of my bed and slithered down the hallway, but I woke in my bed.

Once in a while it seems just like an awareness, but something is always off when I break out of it that makes me question whether my eyes actually opened during the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by slyraje View Post
    Hmm, I usually had what I assumed was a dream during the paralysis. One instance had my room filed with red light and 2 grey aliens watching me in my doorway. When I came to I was sleeping facing the opposite direction of what I was seeing while paralyzed.
    don't freak out, but i've heard other people being in sleep paralysis and having dreams about aliens and the aliens were watching. this was also on an alien documentary so... >.>

Idk if this counts as sleep paralysis (I guess so since I can't move or speak) but I'll be having a nightmare and I'm trying to scream. I think I try to scream in real life too because I remember a few occasions where I tried to talk or shout but I couldn't open my mouth. It was like my jaw was glued shut. the best I could do was moan. I felt scared and like I needed help and needed to scream but I couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    don't freak out, but i've heard other people being in sleep paralysis and having dreams about aliens and the aliens were watching. this was also on an alien documentary so... >.>

Idk if this counts as sleep paralysis (I guess so since I can't move or speak) but I'll be having a nightmare and I'm trying to scream. I think I try to scream in real life too because I remember a few occasions where I tried to talk or shout but I couldn't open my mouth. It was like my jaw was glued shut. the best I could do was moan. I felt scared and like I needed help and needed to scream but I couldn't.
    I'm pretty sure aliens and demons are a common theme in sleep paralysis dreams.

Having a lack of control in non-paralysis dreams is annoying. Anything ranging from not being able to drive a car to not being able to scream when you need to...

Though it's a little different, falling dreams are some of my favorite despite the complete lack of control while plummeting toward the earth. What I enjoy most about them is reaching the point where I accept my fate and completely let go. I've never been more relaxed in my life than at those moments. I feel like I'm made of water. Mind and body.

Does your stomach jump or do a flip flop when you land? Like, I'll be falling from a great height or coming down from somewhere really high and as I'm coming down or land my stomach jumps. So cool! hehe!