Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Wierd Dreams Thread

^Michelle Obama is the stuff on nightmares, imo. She has one of those permanent scowls. Idk why people point out her supposed good looks. Do they not see that her eyes are forever evil?

A good way to suppress your dreams is to smoke weed. Be prepared for some backlash, though, when you eventually stop.

But what about dream control? Wouldn't that be swell. I don't recall what this book was called, but it was written by a guy named Carlos about his experiences with the natives in the South and their hallucinogenic drug experiences. The guy would hang out with the elders and participate in their rituals, swallowing a bunch of peyote buttons and tripping out, and having flashbacks long afterwards. The native guy would teach him spiritual tactics, like finding and knowing your invented trip-out buddy who exists only for you. I think that Simpsons episode where Homer eats the insanity peppers was influenced by this book.

Anyway, the...chief(?)...explained how you can walk around in your dreams and do what you want as opposed to having no control of your dream world like normal. It takes effort and a sort of skill. You start by simply remembering, like before you sleep and keep reminding yourself, to look at your hand in your dream. You can later move on to having more and more control until dreaming is like real life. I tried looking at my hand in my dream...and it worked! I didn't go further than that, though.

I have several recurring dreams, variations of the "car won't stop" or the "I don't know how to do this" classics, but then sometimes I get a weird one thrown in that takes the old standard and makes it weird and scary. The worst was one I used to have, at tops, once a year, but it has been several years since I've seen it.

I am running from people. I don't know who they are, I don't know why they are chasing me, but they are wearing suits and shades and clearly want me very badly. The one I remember best was a chase through my neighborhood, a completely accurate rendition of my neighborhood (which is weird in itself). I would cut through someone's yard, under a fence, through some bushes, hide in a tree for a minute, then double back, but they were always right there on my tail. There was a sense of impending doom about the dream, like I was never going to escape, I was doomed to staying just ahead of them forever. Terrible dream. Very scary.

There's another I've been having lately that bothers me, but it isn't so overtly frightening: I'm lost. In the two variations I can remember I am
    A) on a deserted highway running through a huge industrial district of a city that is either the next city over from mine or completely unknown to me or
    B) on a road trip gone wrong and trying to find the way home or to my destination, usually negotiating several weird stops for directions, interstate-exit mixups, and other road trip movie cliches.

The first of the two freaks me out a lot. The second less so. The second is one of those where you know it is a dream and you aren't so worried, but in the first I am not conscious of it being a dream and I am genuinely worried, sometimes scared. It isn't just that I am lost, it is that there is nobody around to help me. It is sprawling post-industrial wasteland in every direction and there isn't a soul anywhere to tell me where to go. I don't like this dream. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    if it helps any, Steve, we dream at least... what was the stat?

*Google*

I thought it was higher, but most sites that I am skimming quickly says we are able to have 4-6 dreams at night, sometimes even seven. I have heard up to ten, but we all cannot remember our dreams. Some of us only can recall 2 or 3 and then at that sometimes it's sketchy. When we try to recall a dream we do not remember everything. What our brain does is try to fill in the blanks so we may add things to the dream, subtract. We do this in real life too when recalling memories or stories. Sometimes we get it exact or what the teller has perceived to be the truth. Again, there are three sides to a story: yours, theirs, and then the actual truth.

Anyways... Steve, don't feel bad if you can't recall your dreams. If you want to, you can try keeping a little journal by your bedside and groggily writing down something. even if it's a vague feeling or sight. Sometimes my dreams are hard to describe because I know what I see I just don't know how to describe it.
    I will try this tonight.

Had a weird dream. Only vaguely remember it. It was a sort of middle ages type battle. Y'know sword, axes, bows etc etc etc. I got stabbed (or something, can't quite recall) by a piece of metal straight in the eye. I kept on fighting though, and I couldn't feel the pain, nor even feel scared. I kept on killing all the people charging at me, and kept thinking it wasn't my fault, I had to kill them, and it was their fault for not backing away. >_>
    Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

BattleTag nurman-2854

All of my dreams are weird. I never can remember what exactly they are about, only that they resemble a VERY long LSD/ect trip.

The creepiest one I've ever had was one, where just before I woke up, I imagined G-man talking to me and saying: "Good morning, Mr. Freeman"

[QUOTE=stillman;8426563]
    A good way to suppress your dreams is to smoke weed. Be prepared for some backlash, though, when you eventually stop./QUOTE]

A friend of a friend of a friend smokes ganja and still dreams. booya!

Here, I have something that should put your sleeping minds at ease:

Spoiler

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

I always wondered what happened to Chris Barrett from my old school. He hasn't changed a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    Here, I have something that should put your sleeping minds at ease:

Spoiler
    I'm not affected by such things at all.

My dream I believe was too much Mount & Blade and Game of Thrones reading during the last two days. I just finished GoT number 2, and M&B: Warband has been played when I got home, and ended up loosing track of time a little bit. Also not being able to calm my thoughts, swirling around between work, family/friends, Guild Wars 2 (debating getting it), M&B, GoT and random thoughts.

Anyhow... no more weird dreams since the last one. >_>
    Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

I wasn't going to post in this thread because of the adherence to stupid spelling, but then I had a pretty weird dream, at least it had a weird ending

it had been pretty normal, eventually my family was talking about dogs

then my sister said she wanted a "Candarian Sheppard"

and everybody asked what the hell is a candarian sheppard?

so I answered "Oh, it must be like the candarian demon in Evil Dead, thats probably where my brain grabbed it from and placed into this dream-" *poof* I was awake. How silly of me to shatter the dream by exposing the usual nonsensical goings on, what a buzz kill I am.