Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member

Re: Efficient Act 3 Farming Builds: Between Infinite WW and Ghom kill build.

Yeah don't do the overpower build without a mighty weapon.

BattleTag AdAstrA-1590

OK ... yeah, that's frustrating. I'll have to get a Mighty weapon one day. But, now, I'm attemting the other build. I've replaced my passive 'Animosity' with 'Nerves of Steal' and replaces my WW rune.

I just did half of the Raki's Crossing quest and the drops were so good ... I don't really have enough room to pick them all up. I love act 3

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag bulvine-1904

Quote Originally Posted by Karth View Post
    Well, look, the way I do it is this:
    I run until I find a pack of 3+ mobs (or one mob with a very large hitbox like the a3 tremors).
    I cast Warcry to get a little fury.
    I cast Sprint and drop some tornados around the mob(s) and start generating fury from my mighty weapon + weapon mastery.
    As soon as I have enough fury, I cast Battle Rage.
    After that, I get to work actually killing stuff. This process takes ~2 seconds once I find a pack.

Without a mighty weapon, you instead cast Warcry, then Battle Rage, then try to hit a bunch of mobs with Overpower to generate fury to start sprinting, and if that doesn't happen (it often does not for many reasons), you left click attack and automatically burn yourself back down to less than 6.3ish fury (that's how much whirlwind must have, minimum, to make one attack), then you try get just enough fury to Sprint without wasting it on whirlwind. The whole process is frustrating and slow without a mighty weapon and in my opinion not worth the trouble; someone with a mighty weapon or a build with a generator has probably killed his first elite pack by the time you actually get started.
    I really appreciate this breakdown of how to get the OP-CA build going.

BattleTag AdAstrA-1590

me too Thanks Karth

IncGamers Member

With the overpower nerf don't bother with mighty weapon, just get bash instead and have a simpler life and still be outrageously overpowered.

The extra speed from hurricane isn't just for more survivability. You get more tornadoes up and thus do much more damage and get much more life per hit and fury on crit. Whirlwind is really just a small damage bonus and allows you to go through monsters rather than around them. Other than that, just using sprint without using whirlwind at all (if you have fury issues) is really almost as good as using sprint and whirlwind together. And of course never use whirlwind without sprint because sprint is just so much more of an important part of this build. I could work (albeit a bit lame) without whirlwind, but would be a complete fail without sprint. Just keep sprint up and only whirlwind when you have spare fury or really need to get through monsters.

IncGamers Member

Do you guys do the normal WW build with 1h or 2h? and what weapon type are you using for the WM passive.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by imthedan View Post
    Do you guys do the normal WW build with 1h or 2h? and what weapon type are you using for the WM passive.
    Dual wield. Mace mainhand, dagger offhand.

For more info see here:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...Whirlwind-Barb

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by magicrectangle View Post
    Dual wield. Mace mainhand, dagger offhand.

For more info see here:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...Whirlwind-Barb
    Appreciate it, bud. Nice guide by the way.