Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 87 of 145 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast

Re: Off-Topic in the OTF

I forgot, there's also the "BRAT" diet - I had to ask my wife what they were again. Bananas - Rice - Applesauce - Toast

The only reason I remembered is that you can get the charcoal by burning your toast, but again, that's just nasty. Naught to do with food poisoning though.

On this side of the pond, I've not heard of Pepto-Bismol. Would that be a brandname for loperamide or norit?
    Not familiar with Post War Gulf Syndrome either....but doesn't sound good.

I do not burn my toast, that would be a nasty way to make charcoal let alone alarm the rest of the flat.
    I ate so many bananas last year I'm sick of 'm. I still eat normal sandwiches (but can't put everything on I like), but dinners are a bit of an issue. It's not BRAT for me, but BRC - Broccoli, Rice, Chicken. Sometimes without the chicken. Not eating much else. Still sick though.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    On this side of the pond, I've not heard of Pepto-Bismol.
    Bismuth subsalicylate. Had to look up the proper chemical term. I'd be quite surprised if you can't find it; I used to see it on shelves over there.

Not familiar with Post War Gulf Syndrome either....but doesn't sound good.
    Has to do with the contaminated battlefield in Iraq. We once had a fun thread here where someone tried to prove that it was due to the Depleted Uranium in U.S. Army weaponry, AKA all America's fault. It's not a single problem, but rather a variety of ailments, that the American Veteran's Administration tried for years to write off as stress-related.
    I do not burn my toast, that would be a nasty way to make charcoal let alone alarm the rest of the flat.
    Yup. I don't consider it a great option either, but unlike your situation I can make charcoal from a real campfire.
    Sometimes without the chicken. Not eating much else. Still sick though.
    I'd go easy on the chicken; it generally works the other way on me. Anything with fats &/or oils, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    Thanks for that. Given I have it too often, I'd say it's chronic, with variations on acute. I seem to catch any stomach flu that passes by, which worsens my condition to an almost lifethreatening state.
    Doctors won't go any further than calling it irritable bowel syndrome and find a way to live with it. But that's pretty damn hard if you're clinging on for dear life.

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Bismuth subsalicylate. Had to look up the proper chemical term. I'd be quite surprised if you can't find it; I used to see it on shelves over there.

Has to do with the contaminated battlefield in Iraq. We once had a fun thread here where someone tried to prove that it was due to the Depleted Uranium in U.S. Army weaponry, AKA all America's fault. It's not a single problem, but rather a variety of ailments, that the American Veteran's Administration tried for years to write off as stress-related.
    Yup. I don't consider it a great option either, but unlike your situation I can make charcoal from a real campfire.
    I'd go easy on the chicken; it generally works the other way on me. Anything with fats &/or oils, of course.
    Nothing's ever a single problem. Mine isn't - there's now mental and emotional issues parasitically latched onto my existing physical issues, hitchhiking along the way now that I'm too weak to fight it off.

Chicken's different here. A friend of mine used to live in the USA and said that meat is funny there, unlike meat over here (or more generally, unlike meat). Chicken's fine, I need to eat some meat because of the protein (dietist orders), but not too much so I don't eat it every day. Other meats are too hard to digest.
    I stir fry the chicken in rice bran oil, which isn't a nasty fat. I cook the vegetables.

It's humid weather today, charcoal all around: as the sun comes out, so come the animal sacrifices, where meat is burnt to blackened on what I believe they call a bbq.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Six years for this. Right. Six years.

BattleTag kamap* / kamap-2813

Kamap drops in and says Haai!

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Quote Originally Posted by kamap View Post
    Kamap drops in and says Haai!
    No he doesn't, he dropped in on the Compound and the EMB - no way he's in three places at once!

BattleTag kestegs-1550

There were other threads too, you might have to take your shoes off.