Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 47 of 145 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Re: Off-Topic in the OTF

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Ah, jeez. Yup, suddenly, *** is being filtered again. Maybe I'm not spelling that three-letter word properly?
    the fact that the term is filtered says something about the whole debate, doesn't it? Anyway, I only mentioned it to make sure the links make sense.

Well, the article is pointing out the hand-wringing about the study, rather than the study itself - which was my intent. The study <IS> valid, it's just that it's being angrily attacked by pro-queer-marriage advocates who are busily fabricating both claims that it's junk science, and junk science that "disproves" the study.
    It kind of goes without saying that when you're raised in a family which society generally considers 'perverse', you're going to have a slightly harder childhood than if you are raised in a traditional family. IIRC, the study doesn't properly consider single-parent households, which would be more enlightening but even more Politically Incorrect.
    Well, the issue of equating a couple that gets divorced because of a one time same sex encounter to a stable *** couple is a good point. of course parents that break up are worse than parents who don't. someone should take their data and reclassify everything into more categories.

straight stable couples
    *** stable couples
    all divorced couples (maybe break out some categories here)
    single parent mother
    single parent father

that would be more enlightening. Not that the study should matter. if a *** couple wants to raise a kid, you shouldn't make that illegal. Even if there is some significant difference (and I'm not sure there would be), two parents that go through all the process to adopt are going to be better for the kid than a foster home or a single parent.

Yes, i'm sure kids with two mommies or two daddies would get teased about it, but really, who didn't get teased as a kid about something or another? Heck, my friends still rag on each other about basically everything.

You don't get that part, obviously. For the Progressives in particular, forcing an apology is of paramount importance - remember the recent treatment of B00sh? Obama's damn well never going to apologize for anything he's said or done...
    I know, and it's stupid. It's bad tactics. You're giving your opponent more press, and then a chance to do something "redeeming". F that. If you're a dem, and your opponent says something about *** marriage, you don't let them off the hook by demanding an apology, you say, this guy wants to deny gays X, Y & Z. Polls show the public has flipped on this and now favor civil unions. they should pound away at that the way the GOP pounded away at "you didn't build that".

Ah, jeez. And people make fun of my fixation about Commies?
    I have yet to hear an argument for banning same sex marriage that isn't rooted in either a religious viewpoint or the gays make me uncomfortable standpoint. it's always one or the other.

i long ago rejected the "icky" argument. remember Dondrei? he was straight, but very much into things that were "icky". should they have banned him from marrying? All that's left is God told me this was a bad idea. You know what I think of that.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

how icky? Because I know some sick ****s out there, myself included.

edit: No, Merv. Not "commie". Kammy. It is my personal nickname for Kamap.

Dragonball Z. I watched episodes here and there. Didn't have cartoon network growing up so... yeah.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Why am I thinking of Robert Redford and

Indecent Proposal

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

I hate Indecent Proposal. There is something about it that makes me feel physically ill.
    Some of you OTFers may find that surprising, coming from me, but there you are. I really hate that movie.

Oh, and the weird thing that happened to me yesterday, all in the course of a single hour:
    • Listened, on a randomised playlist of 3300 songs, to kd lang's Constant Craving
    • Read a post in another forum about someone mishearing the words to kd lang's Constant Craving
    • Started reading a book by Eric Lustbader - the first page featured a verse from kd lang's Constant Craving

Before then, I had never even heard of the song.
    And yes, I was seriously spooked by then

Wht does spooky **** happen? Hmm?

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    I hate Indecent Proposal.
    Agreed, and thats kind of the point? or did I miss it?

So much wrong in that movie, Pretty Woman runs a close second.

BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    Agreed, and thats kind of the point? or did I miss it?

So much wrong in that movie, Pretty Woman runs a close second.
    Magic 8-Bob shoots ... he scores!

Crowd experiences paroxysms of ecstacy!

Er, I mean, crowd goes wild *cough*

Did Loz give me an orgasm and I didn't know it?

Lol, oh, I feel a little ashamed. I like Pretty Woman, yet I totally understand why people think it's a horrible movie. My high school theater teacher (the good, male one. not the crappy, female one he was replaced with my last year. And let me tell you... He still looks damn good ten years later. That man is at least in his mid-40s and omg... YES, PLEASE!!! But he has a kid now, or at least a gf or fiancee? Idk. Last time I saw him he said he just had a daughter which was surprising as ****. Anyways...) blasted that movie one day in class and put it in a different perspective that I never thought about before.

Same with Lifetime movies. Most men are domineering, abusive, stalking, obsessed killers and there is always that one good looking dude who saves her and loves her because she's not supposed to be treated like that. Or Disney movies where all pretty girls and boys are princesses and princes, ugly people are the bad guys, and Prince Charming is there to rescue you on his stead. Oh, and speaking of Disney, why did the seven dwarves build Snow White a glass coffin? to show how fair she was. ZOMG, DID THEY NOT KNOW SHE WAS GOING TO ROT???? They thought she was dead, right? She ain't gonna look like that forever, bros!!! She's going to rot and since they put her in direct sunlight, won't it speed up the process or steam the smell? Mmm, fresh dead smell for everyone!!

BattleTag FTITCTAJ

The weird thing is, the first time I watched Pretty Women, I really liked it. Every subsequent attempt to watch it has resulted in vomiting, squits or other unpleasant ejectimenta phenomena. Strange.

Edit: Oh and as for orgasms, you and your entire neighbourhood would have known if you'd been at home to a Loz-induced Mr Happy
    Last edited by LozHinge the Unhinged; 18-02-2013 at 16:38. Reason: thought I'd slip that in

I don't doubt that, Loz. I get pretty loud. XD

squit? what's a squit? Is that slang for diarrhea?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    Not that the study should matter. if a *** couple wants to raise a kid, you shouldn't make that illegal. Even if there is some significant difference (and I'm not sure there would be), two parents that go through all the process to adopt are going to be better for the kid than a foster home or a single parent.
    I don't know that it could or should be; there aren't prohibitions against single people fostering kids either. Big issue would be if "Are you now or have you ever been?" is part of the pre-screening, which I would all but assume it is. That remains a really hard question, and there's simply no way to whine about discrimination since what the agency is searching for is the best possible environment for the adopted child.
    Yes, i'm sure kids with two mommies or two daddies would get teased about it, but really, who didn't get teased as a kid about something or another? Heck, my friends still rag on each other about basically everything.
    Eh, I think that would be on another level altogether. My Mom was in essence a man hater/1960's Uni Prof/NOW fish-bicycle type, and one of my sister's mothers was queer, but there's something completely different if <both> parents are pride types that are essentially demanding equal treatment from the population.
    I know, and it's stupid. It's bad tactics. You're giving your opponent more press, and then a chance to do something "redeeming". F that. If you're a dem, and your opponent says something about *** marriage, you don't let them off the hook by demanding an apology, you say, this guy wants to deny gays X, Y & Z. Polls show the public has flipped on this and now favor civil unions. they should pound away at that the way the GOP pounded away at "you didn't build that".
    That's why I still tolerate you, Steve - you make me laugh.

First - the public hasn't "flipped" - the poll questions simply differ. People are becoming even more aware of how intrusive some issues are, and are tending towards the "I don't care about you if you just leave me alone" - which would definitely be a bright spot if they applied it towards ALL issues rather than just imaginary Christian theocracy (like you).

Second - the media continues to manipulate. Perfect example that I was going to post in the "predator" thread when Ash snarked about bearing arms: "Colorado Democrat to women: Guns donít stop rapists, whistles do" There's nothing but crickets every time a Lefty makes themselves out to be either massively corrupt or a rank hypocrite/cretin of the worst order ([COLOR=green]Scratch an Environmentalist, Find a Malthusian[/COLOR]).

Third - Obama said exactly what he meant, yet you CONTINUE to try to equivocate and pretend he didn't. The man is and was a Marxist - not just a Progressive - and a Collectivist. It's his entire history.

I have yet to hear an argument for banning same sex marriage that isn't rooted in either a religious viewpoint or the gays make me uncomfortable standpoint. it's always one or the other.
    I guess the one I demonstrated conclusively - well, that doesn't count, 'cause it's me, right? I expect you've had the blinders on so long that you wouldn't recognize an alternative if it kicked you in your sad sack.

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    I hate Indecent Proposal. There is something about it that makes me feel physically ill.
    Some of you OTFers may find that surprising, coming from me, but there you are. I really hate that movie.
    Not at all - just indicates that you have a modicum of taste hidden somewhere deep in your persona.