Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 46 of 145 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast
    BattleTag kamap* / kamap-2813

Re: Off-Topic in the OTF

In the weekend, monday and tuesday, kamap was swimming in a subtropical swimming paradise, with tubes and stuff!
    But now I'm back, for a little while.
    I'll be gone again come weekend, then I'll return for a week and I'll be gone again for 9 days!
    Then I'll be back but I haven't got a clue for how long then.

DragonballZ wasn't my cup of tea, I'd rather have them in a decent noodle soup! *Badum-tish*

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

I never gave dragonball a chance, I consistently avoid shows that move at a dead snail's pace

See, I don't like where that sort of mentality leads...

This is not a parody - Japan Comes Out Of Nuclear Closet

As said in the comments section, "Our Dear Leader will just remind the Japanese of the danger associated with the testing of nuclear weapons:"

Now THOSE are bigger than any dragon's balls

I never cared much for DragonballZ myself, other than drowning out the noise my neighbours made at the time.
    Watched a few episodes of Dragonball (not Z) and thought it was funnier. Even in German.

I've tried to charge up, but I can't get my hair to turn blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    I've tried to charge up, but I can't get my hair to turn blonde.
    Same here. It won't even turn blonde if I sneeze and I sneeze a lot (and loudly).
    Just aswell, my ex bf would say, who once said to a mutual friend when after having broken up with a blonde was now dating a brunette, remarked that he got an "upgrade".

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Homophobic Politician is Homophobic

OK, the Government Minister was given a chance to place his vote freely in a House of Commons vote on same-sex marriage. Which he is entitled to do. He voted against. OK.

The same minister was given a chance to explain his personal position on same-sex marriage in a TV interview. Which he is entitled to do. He said that same-sex couples are incapable of bringing children up. O ... K ... Yikes - but OK.

And now his Opposition Shadow in the other party has called upon him to apologise? Apologise for what? For telling people how he feels on a social subject? Why?

Has everyone doubled-up on their stupid pills today?

The guy is a homophobe for which he need not say sorry (he ought to apologise for denying it when he is clearly one, however). I find what he is saying to be offensive but at least he has let everyone know what kind of archaic Victorian slime he really is. He should be commended for owning what he is.

Am I looking at the World all ****-eyed? Is it me?
    To Whom It May Concern - forego the desire to smash back my short lob there, show some character

Sounds more hypocrite than homophobe, I think, given the switcheroo. There's a massive diff between hating & fearing queers and finding them "icky".
    Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    He said that same-sex couples are incapable of bringing children up. O ... K ... Yikes - but OK.
    If he's going to say something like that, which contains a nugget of a valid argument that certainly has some leaping off cliffs, then he damn well ought to be able to back it up. Otherwise he sounds like our two congresscritters that made the spurious claims about pregnancy (fun article that only tags "R" and not "D", as is the norm) and deserves the shafting he'll probably receive next election.

Jmerv, you link goes to the economist, talking about legalizing weed.....

Looks like the intarwebs hate you too. <cough>at least it's not bl*gspot<cough>

Edit: oops, it's the word filter making stars in the address. You are aware that this article is about why the study is kinda silly, right? If you're going to complain that I don't read links, you should read them before posting.

Anyway, I know we've been over this, but the politician in question should be allowed to have his opinions without apologizing, of course. You should only have to apologize when you didn't mean what you said. He's still wrong, imho, but loz is right. Own it. And for the other side, stop asking for apologies. it doesn't score any points, and if they give one that doesn't mean you won. They're still going to vote like they're going to vote. Don't be stupid.

Also, opposing *** adoption/child rearing isn't the same as being a homophobe. If you're a homophobe you probably oppose it, but it's very possible that the guy is just a theocrat, or wants to be seen as one.

Jmerv, you link goes to the economist, talking about legalizing weed.....

Looks like the intarwebs hate you too. <cough>at least it's not bl*gspot<cough>
    Ah, jeez. Yup, suddenly, *** is being filtered again. Maybe I'm not spelling that three-letter word properly?
    You are aware that this article is about why the study is kinda silly, right? If you're going to complain that I don't read links, you should read them before posting.
    Well, the article is pointing out the hand-wringing about the study, rather than the study itself - which was my intent. The study <IS> valid, it's just that it's being angrily attacked by pro-queer-marriage advocates who are busily fabricating both claims that it's junk science, and junk science that "disproves" the study.

It kind of goes without saying that when you're raised in a family which society generally considers 'perverse', you're going to have a slightly harder childhood than if you are raised in a traditional family. IIRC, the study doesn't properly consider single-parent households, which would be more enlightening but even more Politically Incorrect.
    Own it. And for the other side, stop asking for apologies. it doesn't score any points, and if they give one that doesn't mean you won. They're still going to vote like they're going to vote. Don't be stupid.
    You don't get that part, obviously. For the Progressives in particular, forcing an apology is of paramount importance - remember the recent treatment of B00sh? Obama's damn well never going to apologize for anything he's said or done...
    but it's very possible that the guy is just a theocrat, or wants to be seen as one.
    Ah, jeez. And people make fun of my fixation about Commies?