Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 40 of 145 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    BattleTag kestegs-1550

Re: Off-Topic in the OTF

I rarely will drink milk after 2-3 days past the date stamp. If I smell anything even slightly funky in there then that crap goes down the drain straight away!

So no, it's all good, don't worry.

I just don't drink milk.
    The only way I use milk is to pour some in my coffee, or to cook rice pudding.

I'm very careful with expire date though. though it's hard to find it if it smells funny when you have a cold.

Trust the smell test over the date they stamp on there. the date is often meaningless to the consumer. sometimes it's purposefully shorter than how long the food will last so you'll throw it out and buy more. other times, like milk, it's the date when the store will throw it out, not when it's good to drink by.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

mmmm. Rice pudding.

It didn't smell like cheese. "smelled like feet."

Yeah, we threw it out Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    mmmm. Rice pudding.

It didn't smell like cheese. "smelled like feet."

Yeah, we threw it out Monday.
    what a waste. Milk costs more than Gas! Make Cake!

http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/don...pired-milk.htm

I'm not going to ingest milk that smells like it soaked in Tom Brady's feet. It would be a travesty against cake!! You need the purest of all milk. And since that pure milk is only found in the fictional (but a tiny part of me hopes it's real) lands of Hyrule, I will have to settle on this world's milk.

I'm not going to ingest milk that smells like it soaked in Tom Brady's feet. It would be a travesty against cake!! You need the purest of all milk. And since that pure milk is only found in the fictional (but a tiny part of me hopes it's real) lands of Hyrule, I will have to settle on this world's milk.
    It's very funny to me, actually, because to a degree far more than other Westerners or 1st world-ers, we Americans are incredibly fussy about what we'll eat. Much of the world doesn't share our obsessive view of things like apples, where we actually have to coat them wax, refuse to consume ones with external damage, and then panic mindlessly about certain processing steps taken to try to satisfy our fetishistic attitude.

I love food, but I've eaten all kinds of unpleasant (occasionally live) food. I've also eaten any number of "off" products, including meat, veg, and bread (but not milk or fruit). Food is fuel.

P.S. left you a prezzie in your cover letter thread.

I'm not extreme with a capital E, but there are some things I don't want to take chances on. I've eaten bad shrimp, five year old bacon (don't ask), stale bread, and I try to buy things I know I will use and eat right away otherwise my veggies just sit there and decompose. No good.

I'm not extreme with a capital E, but there are some things I don't want to take chances on. I've eaten bad shrimp, five year old bacon (don't ask), stale bread, and I try to buy things I know I will use and eat right away otherwise my veggies just sit there and decompose. No good.
    Well, shrimp I understand. Bacon actually was designed to not be refrigerated, and I've eaten some even older than you did. As to bread, I've simply cut the mold off.

Spices used to be the way people drowned out the taste of spoilage.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

You do realize that by saying don't ask it will drive me crazy until I ask, right?

Story please!