Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 48 of 145 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Re: Off-Topic in the OTF

I see Gen John Allen has retired from the service. Your doing, Merv?

Hmm?

C'mon, you were that socialite he and Petraeus were emailing, right? You can tell us, it'll go no further

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post

Hmm?

C'mon, you were that socialite he and Petraeus were emailing, right? You can tell us, it'll go no further
    Like he's gonna tell.

BattleTag kamap* / kamap-2813

Kammy is not a commie and never will be.
    Leo give me my cat o' nine tails, so i can teach the people calling me a commie!

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post

Hmm?

My rack is nowhere near big enough...

Spoiler

You know who got short shrift? Not Allen (though he's out thanks to THE WON).

This guy. Lt.Gen. Van Riper.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

*hands cat o'nine tails to Kamap*

Teach 'em goooood, Kammy. ;D

Funny question for you folks: For those of you with desktop gaming computers, what sort of desks/assorted furniture do you guys have? If you've got a particularly sweet set-up, pics would be awesome.

I'm remodeling my office this summer and am looking for ideas. I've noticed some gamers opting for a table rather than a desk - the Ikea Galant being particularly popular because of the nice surface area, adjustable height and decent price - linky. I'm not totally sold on the idea yet though, so I figured I'd ask what you guys use and what ideas you might have first.

The table/desk wouldn't need to hold the tower or a printer (I already have something else for those), but it will need ample surface space for two 27" monitors, two laptops and my gaming keyboard + mouse (a Madcatz S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 keyboard - which is quite large, and a R.A.T. 7 mouse).

I've also flirted with a "deskless" set-up (think: couch, peripherals on a rolling tray, etc), but I've not been able to come up with a set-up that I'm convinced could be equally comfortable and practical for work and play.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Room is an A-frame roof type top floor, den bonus room 22 foot by 25 ft, oak wall panels One 25 ft wall is bookshelves room to squeeze by the desks on this side, but not on the side with the windows on the east of two sliding south-facing windows with vertical blinds, Couch on the west side with coffee table and 2 side chairs.
    East side is the Two Safety-Glass top beach type tables partner layouts with side tables that is both solid built but loose strung with cables for earthquake sway.
    On it or under it
    = two desktops PC's with 22' inch displays and a 43' super-thin 4 HDMI input LG TV on an arm type wall mount [east wall] in the middle. (Artwork on one side, Degrees on the other)
    TV has invisible speakers stereo type and media center server PC is 5.1 stereo.
    Two sidebar glass tables areas one with a printer and one with a laptop dock station and 22" monitor.
    southwest corner has an Antique makeup table in it next to the couch.
    5 direct cable coax ports from ISP and a router with 5 drops 2 wired to other rooms and
    Wireless access in the entire house.
    Last edited by BobCox2; 26-02-2013 at 05:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    Funny question for you folks: For those of you with desktop gaming computers, what sort of desks/assorted furniture do you guys have? If you've got a particularly sweet set-up, pics would be awesome.

I'm remodeling my office this summer and am looking for ideas. I've noticed some gamers opting for a table rather than a desk - the Ikea Galant being particularly popular because of the nice surface area, adjustable height and decent price - linky. I'm not totally sold on the idea yet though, so I figured I'd ask what you guys use and what ideas you might have first.

The table/desk wouldn't need to hold the tower or a printer (I already have something else for those), but it will need ample surface space for two 27" monitors, two laptops and my gaming keyboard + mouse (a Madcatz S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 keyboard - which is quite large, and a R.A.T. 7 mouse).

I've also flirted with a "deskless" set-up (think: couch, peripherals on a rolling tray, etc), but I've not been able to come up with a set-up that I'm convinced could be equally comfortable and practical for work and play.
    If you can find it, this is not a bad construction:
    http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...m/IMAG0331.jpg

That's my old desktop computer, with my old printer and old scanner and old speakers. Even the modem broke when I got my new computer. I still have the screen though.
    I always found there was plenty of space to put my stuff on the desk - the tissue box indicates that I was suffering from a cold when the picture was taken. The plastic storage box next to it contained all the computer related things - gaming discs, cables, spare pieces, etc. Generally all that stuff I don't understand but when someone helps me out I can tell them where to find it.

IncGamers Member

Queen sized bed. PC, monitor, and speakers on chairs at bedside.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Vivi, you're riding that grey thing under the desk? Looks uncomfortable.

Seriously, I personally think that a separate place for the keyboard is uncomfortable and unpractical.

I have a normal office chair and a normal desk like this:

My desk is actually older and more worn out and it also has more coffe, beer and booze cigarette stains. I will nee a need one soon, it's starting to get a bit unconvenient.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!