Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Patch 1.0.4 Preview: Barbarian

I might start a second Barb. I like my WW Barb as-is, but want to try these newly buffed skills!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantKing View Post
    To start some theorycrafting with Rend - Does anyone know if Rend's bleed effect can crit?

I want to try new builds without changing out my crit gear.
    I'm pretty sure it can, but just like procing effects with Rend, I think it only does it once on initial hit. Bleed damage doesn't do a bunch of little hits over time, unfortunately.

Of course that means if you crit with it, then all of its damage over time is increased.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentarius View Post
    I might start a second Barb. I like my WW Barb as-is, but want to try these newly buffed skills!
    ... wouldn't you just buy some different equipment and put your WW stuff in storage? If that even.

Last edited by DarlosND; 17-08-2012 at 19:49.

IncGamers Member

WEAPON THROW! I will be weapon throwing like crazy if I ever get that legendary.

IncGamers Member

Ahaha, yeah. I know somebody described a Spear/Weapon Throw build a while back. You could totally rock that. It's not exactly my style but I'd like to see it.

IncGamers Member

I'm already playing around with my own sort of throw barb. I don't really know what the generally accepted cookie cutter version of the build looks like, but the one I'm playing around with most right now looks like this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#feXRPk!ZYf!aZaYcc

Mighty Throw is used as it reliably generates fury even with only one target (whereas ricochet, my second choice, has a 33% proc coefficient and cannot be counted on). Shattered Ground is favored over other Seismic Slam runes because it can knock back anything except for the boss of a Rare pack and act bosses, keeping them at a safe distance and causing a bit of pain too. I wish it didn't have a lower proc coefficient than other Seismic Slam skills, though. I suppose it does because it might be too powerful to permanently knock back almost anything.

I have high hopes for this build in the new patch, with new gear offering possibly a free weapon throw and all sorts of other things.

Quote Originally Posted by DarlosND View Post
    ... wouldn't you just buy some different equipment and put your WW stuff in storage? If that even.
    Starting a new Barb:
    1. Lets my WW guy still be a WW guy.
    2. Lets me fiddle with skills as they unlock.
    3. Lets me grab the WW guy and WW some whenever I want without keeping track of what gear and skills need switching.
    4. Lets me God mode lower difficulty levels with farmed gear, which is always fun.

1 is most important though.

IncGamers Member

He's still the WW guy when he's wearing WW gear and using WW skills. Unless you just enjoy the leveling process in which case go for it regardless of build...

IncGamers Member

I'm getting close to starting a new barb just to carry all the garbage I keep in my stash for testing and playing around with my old one. XD