Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: 1-60 HC solo speedlevel in under 7 hours

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I searched around and couldn't find an answer.

What do you mean by this:

since we will reset instances often, the cooldowns will be ready every time! What does this mean? A WOTB/EQ combo takes up 2 slots and isn’t very efficient for normal grinding with 2 min cooldowns, but what if we reset the cooldown every 1 min instead?
    The only instance resetting I'm aware of happens when you leave and create a new game... but from the context you are talking about something else entirely.

EDIT: Do you mean resetting by leaving your game? Cause if so you can still only reset at checkpoints if you're running solo...

Last edited by morik; 02-09-2012 at 12:50.

IncGamers Member

Yes, thats what he means. For example, you will run to the Crypt of the Ancients and kill everything in there, then town portal and quit the game. When you click 'resume quest' you will be dropped off at the entrance of the Crypt of the Ancients ready to do battle against a horde of enemies locked in a small area.

His point is that normally when slaying hordes of easy to kill enemies you wouldn't want a long cooldown skill taking up a skill slot since they would be on cooldown for a majority of the action. However, since you will be entering/leaving games faster than your skill cools down you will actually be using those skills much more often than the tooltip may lead you to believe. An example again - if you pop WotB when you begin the Crypt of the Ancients you may very well spend 25-50% of the entire instance in Berzerk mode at which point you would leave the game, resume, and immediately have WotB available again. Consider if you were simply playing through the game and hitting wrath immediately as it became available, you would only be in wrath mode for 12.5% of your playtime.

IncGamers Member

You're missing a vital piece of info. Get 3 items of the new Cain set and you get 30% bonus xp on top of your ruby helm.

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar
    BattleTag MotherMedusa-1643

Quote Originally Posted by bigbootyjudy View Post
    You're missing a vital piece of info. Get 3 items of the new Cain set and you get 30% bonus xp on top of your ruby helm.
    Yep, this is a great tactic

BattleTag csullivan-1878

I know it's softcore, but I wanted to thank Alexander for his guide and show what I was able to pull off.

I delved into softcore to work on achievements that would be too expensive (teach 12 jeweler designs and 100 blacksmith plans) or too hard (kill cydea/butcher/belial/azmodan/diablo naked) in HC. Cain's Gloves/Boots/Helm with a Star Ruby did wonders. WD is amazing for leveling because of Acid Cloud.

IncGamers Member

Tip is to go archon with teleport as a wizard, if you got good enough gear, you can have archon for almost an entire round (tip to start it up when you meet 10+ mobs)

Also want to thank you for the guide! Had already played for like 6 hours to 35 or so but it went very fast from there!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderBarin View Post
    Or, just be sure where you're going to spawn I use checkpoints heavily in my speedleveling, they save a ton of time! As long as I'm not afk, of course (yes, that happened)...
    Thanks a lot for the guide! It has been a great help in terms of farming places (the gear stuff are easily figured out. You just have to switch gear once you feel the mobs do not die with 1-2 hits).

Also checkpoints can be very important! For example VoA and CoA checkpoints can save you loads of time!

Happy HC gaming!

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar
    BattleTag MotherMedusa-1643

Glad to be of help! Just levelled my 10th and final lvl 60 HC Had the pleasure of a 9xx +1xx str + 1xx vita 1hander from lvl 46 up, was extremely fast.

IncGamers Member

looking for some waypoint help in reference to this; show me how awesome you are hc community!

paying 10k. touchd0wn#1339

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderBarin View Post
    Good info, though since this is a solo run, you'd have to find pubs or have a friend open it for you, so that's a bit of a nuisance.

Edit: Or wait, is the Whimsyshire staff bound to account, rather than character? If so, yes, this could be a valid tactic. How easy is Whimsy to solo at lvl 25?

Sorry, I've personally never found the pieces to the staff, the mushroom is insanely rare!
    Wtf, I have 4 mushrooms in HC and not a single lvl 60 yet.

Ah, and nice guide, been a bit hesitant to play my lvl 51 WD but after reading this I think it will be easier.